Wendy Davis & Open Carry ?

This is a discussion on Wendy Davis & Open Carry ? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There is a thread that states WENDY DAVIS supports open carry. My apologies i read that as Ms Davis made this quote “I’m surprised by ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By TX expat
  • 1 Post By blitzburgh
  • 2 Post By PEF
  • 1 Post By Rock and Glock

Thread: Wendy Davis & Open Carry ?

There is a thread that states WENDY DAVIS supports open carry. My apologies i read that as Ms Davis made this quote

“I’m surprised by it. I don’t think it’s a good signal to our children in this state that people can open carry something that is so dangerous and intimidating to others,”

said Frances Schenkkan, board member of Texas Gun

Davis Takes Friendly Fire on Gun Issue | The Texas Tribune
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    There is a thread that states WENDY DAVIS supports open carry. Now there is this article that has Ms Davis saying this

Im surprised by it. I dont think its a good signal to our children in this state that people can open carry something that is so dangerous and intimidating to others, said Frances Schenkkan, board member of Texas Gun Sense, which opposes open-carry legislation. It sends a message that this is the norm and children are not as able to get away from it.

so , I am confused (but not surprised)

Davis Takes Friendly Fire on Gun Issue | The Texas Tribune
    Re-read the quote. That's not Ms. Davis that said that quote, it was Frances Schenkkan, board member of Texas Gun Sense, which opposes open-carry legislation who made that quote.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Even if she's just doing this in attempts to change the subject, good for her.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Also from the article:

Privately, though, some of Davis’ top supporters said they were caught off guard and disappointed by her embrace of a position that has in the past sparked divisions even among traditional supporters of strong or expanded gun rights.

And it seemed doubtful that Davis would attract much support from pro-gun groups.

“Wendy Davis is as pro-gun as Ann Richards,” Alice Tripp, director of the Texas State Rifle Association, said in a message from her Twitter account. Richards, the last Democratic governor in Texas, famously opposed a referendum calling for a concealed handgun law, and many said it contributed to her defeat in 1994.

The National Rifle Association was even harsher.

“This is an election-year conversion for Wendy Davis. Voting records speak volumes. As a state legislator, Wendy earned an F-rating from the NRA by voting against the Second Amendment repeatedly," said NRA spokeswoman Catherine Mortensen. "Her about-face lacks credibility. Texans know that.”
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

A derivative of this thread regarding Ms. Davis is already running.

Here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...carry-law.html
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Links