Man who OC'ed rifle in the mall is moving

This is a discussion on Man who OC'ed rifle in the mall is moving within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Since the other thread was closed I started a new one. I have read on another forum where the guy who OC'ed his AR in ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree306Likes

Thread: Man who OC'ed rifle in the mall is moving

VIP Member

Man who OC'ed rifle in the mall is moving

Since the other thread was closed I started a new one.

I have read on another forum where the guy who OC'ed his AR in the mall is moving. Not sure being forced to or by choice, the choice being no customers.

Apparently he received calls, letters and visits from members of the CC community and instructors basically telling him thanks for nothing, now we can't carry in the mall anymore because of your actions.

Here is a letter from an Instructor

To Mr. Derek Poe of Golden Triangle Tactical,

Thank you so much for defending our freedoms with your OC parade. Please explain how you carrying your rifle in to Gamestop has made the patrons of Parkdale safer? Whom have you actually educated on the OC of rifles in TX?

Your stunt how now restricted TX citizens who carry a concealed handgun under Chapter 411 GC Sub-chapter H. Many of the good people I helped to get their CHL during my tenure as a TX CHL instructor cannot legally carry at Parkdale because of your childish actions.

I truly believe you committed this stunt looking for publicity with your OC Walk. Maybe you even thought you'd get some side business out of it. I truly hope you're successful in another line of work. Those of us that are professionals in the firearms community don't need any of your kind of help.

Jon Payne
    Suarez International Staff Instructor
    Is there any word on how all his charges came out?
    american23 and 40Bob like this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

Actually if it's the same guy he opened a store in a strip mall and had some guy OC'ing a rifle dressed like a banana to draw attention to his new store which got a Police Response ,his thought process was a guy in a banana suit wouldn't look threatening if he was OC'ing a rifle.
    http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Man...244560481.html
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Since the other thread was closed I started a new one.

I have read on another forum where the guy who OC'ed his AR in the mall is moving. Not sure being forced to or by choice, the choice being no customers.

Apparently he received calls, letters and visits from members of the CC community and instructors basically telling him thanks for nothing, now we can't carry in the mall anymore because of your actions.

Here is a letter from an Instructor

Is there any word on how all his charges came out?
    I wrote that and posted it on my Facebook.
    Jon Payne

VIP Member
    I have mixed feelings on the whole OC issue. In Ohio, where gunbuster signs have the force of law, a poor reaction to an event such as this one can and do garner the same results. OTOH, had it not been for a very visible, very vocal group of OCers protesting at the state house, concealed carry might well never have come into being here.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    And that is where I got the letter from that is why I posted it. It was well written and correct on all points.

A banana toting an AR? Well that is a new one.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

And that is where I got the letter from that is why I posted it. It was well written and correct on all points.

Sounds about right. They aren't called fruit loops for nothing.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

The idiot is no friend of responsible gun owners. He should be shunned by all.
    american23 likes this.

But, but its his right. Who cares what others think, Its my right ...../Sarcasm.....
    OldVet, OD*, Grantspastor and 2 others like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Distinguished Member
    Clearly, not well thought out beforehand.
    GWarden and american23 like this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Thank you for the kind words.
    Jon Payne

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Skipper1969 well written letter. The guy is a moron. I posted a deal when I found out that Parkdale had posted up the 30.06 signs. Again this guy is a moron. You just can't fix stupid. Just because a person can carry his AR outside in the open doesn't mean you should. This guy needs another business. I actually started laughing when I heard that he hired a kid to wear a banana suite with an AK. I thought that this guy just needs to quite. He has so much bad publicity it's sad.
    mikesMP9c and american23 like this.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

Easy solution: repeal the 30.06 law.

Quote Originally Posted by Longstreet View Post
    The idiot is no friend of responsible gun owners. He should be shunned by all.
    I'm thinking he's secretly on the Bloomberg payroll.

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stylus View Post
    easy solution: Repeal the 30.06 law.
    second!
    Aceoky and stylus like this.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Next time I go toting my firearms in public, I'm leaving the grape suit behind.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Links