Eureka Springs City Council Doesn't Want Guns In their City

This is a discussion on Eureka Springs City Council Doesn't Want Guns In their City within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is a YouTube video of the Eureka Springs Arkansas City Council Meeting last night, discussing ACT 746 and open carry in their community; this ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Eureka Springs City Council Doesn't Want Guns In their City

Here is a YouTube video of the Eureka Springs Arkansas City Council Meeting last night, discussing ACT 746 and open carry in their community; this sure does make me thankful for the local government and Law Enforcement we have here in Scott County. Eureka Springs is a Tourist Town frequented by thousands of people each year, feel free to email the City Council and let them know you won't be spending a dime in their community if they infringe on the citizens civil rights. Act 746 became law last year and they simply refuse to allow open carry in their town.

ms4es@sbcglobal.net,
    dmitchell@cityofeurekasprings.org,
    pasta8@cox.net,
    dpurkeypile@cityofeurekasprings.org,
    tmcclung@cityofeurekasprings.org,
    jzeller9847@sbcglobal.net

Also here is the link to their local news paper's FaceBook Page; feel free to leave a statement there as well. Please be firm, but civil making public statements.
    https://www.facebook.com/EurekaSpringsIndependent

Originally Posted by Chesafreak It would be helpful if you would let us know at what time in the video they start talking about the subject of this post in the hour+ long video.

~25 minutes. Basically, they are trying to tie open carry to peaceable journey. <~~~~25 Minutes into the VID.
    John Luttrell

Groups like this are one of the reasons we have state preemption here.
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    Replace them during the election. Get involved with your local TEA Party.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion ,Sig Sauer M11-A1 TB, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, FN Five SeveN 5.7, Glock 30 Gen 3
    Glock 26 Gen 4

Semper Fi USMC 0341/8152 2003-2007
    Army National Guard 11C 2009-2014

Quote Originally Posted by GraySkies View Post
    Groups like this are one of the reasons we have state preemption here.
    Arkansas has a preemption law.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    John Luttrell

It would be helpful if you would let us know at what time in the video they start talking about the subject of this post in the hour+ long video.

It seems to me that the fix for this is to get arrested for open carry then sue the city for wrongful arrest.
    gatorbait51, NONAME762 and Aceoky like this.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    I spit on the Eureka Springs city council!!!
    gatorbait51 and NONAME762 like this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
    I spit on the Eureka Springs city council!!!
    I fart in their general direction!
    kukla, OldVet, oldnfat and 13 others like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

746 is not completely without question. The legislatures really confused the general public when they passed this one. In fact, one report stated that one of our wonderful elected officials stated "he thought he was voting for NO open carry" while another thought he was voting "FOR" open carry. My personal opinion, and you know how that goes, we all have one. I'm not in favor of it. Although I am definitely in favor of the CCW laws. Why aggravate the issue?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by John Luttrel View Post
    Arkansas has a preemption law.
    Then point this out to the council and politely tell them to stuff it. But be nice!
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Gasp! Literally!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member
    If Arkansas has an Atty. General he should immediately step in to correct this. File charges on the city council and the mayor and the chief of police. Perhaps the possibility of a court trial and jail time will change their minds.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

It's about the same distance for us if we travel to Eureka Springs, or Branson. So with this in mind, I guess we'll just make it Branson, and cross Eureka Springs off our list. Win win situation for Branson, Lose, Lose for Eureka Springs.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
    It would be helpful if you would let us know at what time in the video they start talking about the subject of this post in the hour+ long video.

It seems to me that the fix for this is to get arrested for open carry then sue the city for wrongful arrest.
    Provided one has the wherewithal to pay all the fines and attorney fees involved court costs and don't forget the up your butt fees. That's of course barring the city appealing the judicial decision in the first trial while your adversary waits to see who quits breathing first you the defendant or the plaintiff.

Yeah there ain't NO WAY I'm going to sit through possibly one hour and fifteen minutes of a bunch of slacker city council NAZI SS trooper wannabe whining or musings to get to the good stuff. No Way Hosea!!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Be sure to eat at least a dozen deviled eggs and 12 cans of that nasty Budweiser beer first. If the beer and deviled eggs don't make your flatulence reek sufficiently try some genuine Lutefisk from Iceland. An individual I knew 20 years ago drank Bud while snacking on deviled eggs the night before and boy howdy when George let er rip it was as bad or worse than when old Pelligrini took his #2's in our locker room. Both guys had flatulence that compared to the odor of the liquid chicken manure
    farmers out my way spray on their fields in the spring here. It's similar to the stench of Alaskan fish fertilizer only far far worse!!!!!!! Pee You!!!!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

That is another thing North Dakota did right. No city or township may enact any laws more restrictive than state law.
    Aceoky, CIBMike, 84160 and 1 others like this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links