Open carry on the Motorcycle today

This is a discussion on Open carry on the Motorcycle today within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Let me start this by saying...what a nice day. I took about a 3 hour ride today and let me tell you how FREE I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Open carry on the Motorcycle today

Let me start this by saying...what a nice day. I took about a 3 hour ride today and let me tell you how FREE I felt heading down the highways and back roads of Ohio on the bike with my 9mm on my belt. At one point I had a state boy on my rear fender for 3 miles and even stopped at a light, he never blinked an eye. Stopped at a store and everyone was cool, same when I got gas...what a nice day. Well had to put the bike back up, 2 inches of snow coming in the morning.
    welder516, dV8r, stylus and 1 others like this.

Guess it was a good idea not to wear your Hells angles club shirt and 1% patch right

But this is how it should be .. And nice to OC on a bike esp if you wear crash padding ...
    cjkent and welder516 like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Today's weather was nice. I seen a lot of bikes on the road. 70 today in Kentucky 15 tomorrow.
    cjkent likes this.

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brisket View Post
    Today's weather was nice. I seen a lot of bikes on the road. 70 today in Kentucky 15 tomorrow.
    LMAO Global warming. I lol at those people who believe in that nonsense.
    cjkent and stylus like this.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion ,Sig Sauer M11-A1 TB, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, FN Five SeveN 5.7, Glock 30 Gen 3
    Glock 26 Gen 4

Semper Fi USMC 0341/8152 2003-2007
    Army National Guard 11C 2009-2014

Keep the snow up there in OH please lol.

Incoming snow storm is probably why folks did not run screaming from your presence, hordes of LE failed to respond to the presence of an OC handgun. Getting the milk and bread off all grocery shelves was more important LOL
    cjkent likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Congrats on the ride...only a dog with his head out of a car window understands what those who ride motorcycles enjoy...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by RETSUPT99 View Post
    Congrats on the ride...only a dog with his head out of a car window understands what those who ride motorcycles enjoy...
    And then there are those valleys between the rolling hills in the Midwest farm states where there are feeder lots for hogs.
    cjkent and Bad Bob like this.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or penicillin...

I HATE CENSORSHIP !!!

More info about me

TRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cjkent View Post
    At one point I had a state boy on my rear fender for 3 miles and even stopped at a light, he never blinked an eye. Stopped at a store and everyone was cool, same when I got gas
    Didn't you know? Motorcycles are invisible to cagers. At least, when they're not deliberately messing with you.

I used to sling my 1891 Mauser over my shoulder and ride to the range, back when it technically was against state law, to take it to the range. Nobody ever appeared to notice that, either...
    cjkent likes this.

Do you use a left handed holster? I always felt weird riding with a gun on my right hip since there's really no way to use one effectively one a bike without coming to a stop and/or stalling the motor. Then again that may be the point but it still made me feel uncomfortable. I never bought one since I ended up selling the bike and no longer felt a need, and I still practice with left hand as often as I can.
    cjkent likes this.

That's a good point....something to think about

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    [QUOTE=TRX;3165990]Didn't you know? Motorcycles are invisible to cagers. At least, when they're not deliberately messing with you.[QUOTE]

I think its a subconcious thing, like a moose ignoring gnats. If you are not a threat, you don't register. Wear a two-tone helmet like the CHP and they will see you a mile off. Add a headlight modulator and a large brass pin of any kind to your chest and they will be like the Red Sea in front of Moses.
    molleur, cjkent and bigdogtx like this.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Distinguished Member
    I think its a subconcious thing, like a moose ignoring gnats. If you are not a threat, you don't register. Wear a two-tone helmet like the CHP and they will see you a mile off. Add a headlight modulator and a large brass pin of any kind to your chest and they will be like the Red Sea in front of Moses.[/QUOTE]

Ain't that the truth!
    cjkent likes this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

TRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    Add a headlight modulator
    Some retards around here have those. And the strobe taillights.

I've been riding for 41 years now, and I have an almost uncontrollable urge to twitch the wheel of the truck and run those retards over when I see their annoying flashing lights. If it affects me that way, I can only imagine what the average cager thinks... of course, when they run over you, they'll still try to use the "get out of jail free" phrase "but I didn't see him."
    Ghost1958 and cjkent like this.

I'm jealous.
    If i tried riding in the 8" of new snow and 17deg temperature....well, you get the picture.
    Ride safe!
    cjkent likes this.
    NRA Life Member
    R1200RT
    Remember, math is your friend not your enemy!

Distinguished Member
    I don't ride anymore, but I'm a lefty and it does give some advantages..
    cjkent likes this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links