Ever wonder how many carryiers you passed by today?!

This is a discussion on Ever wonder how many carryiers you passed by today?! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I posed this question on another forum back in Feb. of this year and thought it might make for some interesting conversation here. I, along ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Ever wonder how many carryiers you passed by today?!

I posed this question on another forum back in Feb. of this year and thought it might make for some interesting conversation here.

I, along with my two young boys stopped at a Wendys back in mid Feb. We got our food and sat down. As we were eating, the two guys sitting next table over inquired about the firearm I was carrying openly, one stateing he was carrying also. Then another fella chimed in from across the room( he was carrying too). Before we left, there was another person that struck up a conversation with me after the other two left, and we were leaving and he was carrying also! Now I know this conversation probably wouldn't have taken place if I hadn't been openly carrying but it makes ya wonder just how many people around us are carrying and we don't know it(four of us in the same resturant). Just never expected to have the conversations I had that day!

I just can't help but feel openly carrying strikes up conversations with others and promotes the cause (depending on how you handle the situation),(and this IS NOT the main reason I carry this way).

Any others have this happen to them recently?
    Last edited by 3mags; April 3rd, 2014 at 10:29 AM. Reason: spelling/grammer/puctuation
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Not recently, but yes.

The first time I OC'd I had the clerk at a Staples ask a bunch of questions.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I do wonder some times. I catch myself looking for signs, subconsciously, and at the same time wonder if someone is looking at me thinking maybe I am. Which I am.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    I often do wonder and try to look but have never seen anyone's concealed weapon.. or signs of it I should say. Sort of like a club with invisible members.
    Things gun forums have taught me:
    -Some people shoot guns other "run" them.
    -I don't dislike Glocks but often dislike Glock owners.
    -Open carry is to a handgun as bluetooth is to a cell phone!
    -Simple math can deliver posts per day... some gun forum members need to get out more!!!

I often spend more time looking at the hot girls and try and figure out where they are carrying.

Distinguished Member
    I don't OC, however, I have spotted CC'ers very frequently around here.
    My county has one of every seventeen residents posessing a concealed weapons permit.
    gatorbait51 and Old Sarge like this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    Can't say ive ever noticed someone CC. Was going to a gun show w/ a couple buddies the other day and were at breakfast talking guns, a nearby guy came over and started BSing and said he was carrying. They do come outta the woodwork.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I always observe all the people around me and try to determine who is carrying. I've spotted a couple of people who I was pretty sure were carrying, but the average individual who doesn't carry themselves would not even suspect. I also know a few individuals who carry, but we all conceal really well. Although open carry is legal in Ohio, I've never seen anyone open carry in the urban environments. Too big a risk of a MWAG call from some libtard "sheep", in my opinion.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

VIP Member
    Cause? OC is very uncommon in Marion County, to the point I have seen only one person ever doing it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by molleur View Post
    I don't OC, however, I have spotted CC'ers very frequently around here.
    My county has one of every seventeen residents posessing a concealed weapons permit.
    No, I don't, but I spotted Moon and he carries. Do I get credit for that?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

oc is very uncommon here in colorado too.. but i do it on my range days. When CC'ing i do look around and see if i can find anyone printing. kinda like a where's waldo
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. Gen James Mattis USMC

VIP Member
    Honestly, I assume everyone I meet is armed in one fashion or another. If I'm wrong, no harm. If I'm right, well ....
    firerat, gatorbait51 and OD* like this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    I always observe all the people around me and try to determine who is carrying. I've spotted a couple of people who I was pretty sure were carrying, but the average individual who doesn't carry themselves would not even suspect. I also know a few individuals who carry, but we all conceal really well. Although open carry is legal in Ohio, I've never seen anyone open carry in the urban environments. Too big a risk of a MWAG call from some libtard "sheep", in my opinion.
    You've never run into me yet
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I profile everyone.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

I often will look for signs of CC'ers, but have yet to truly identify one.

When I took my cc class, the instructor and I were discussing holsters afterwards when he pulled out his CC IWB rig. Never had a clue he was pack'n

Student of the gun (dot) com
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Student of the Gun; a beginner once, a student for life.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links