Open Carry Texas at Jack in the Box (or was it McDonalds?!)

This is a discussion on Open Carry Texas at Jack in the Box (or was it McDonalds?!) within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm all for open carry, but these guys could have gone about this a little better - maybe carrying signs and also letting the restaurant ...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree251Likes

Thread: Open Carry Texas at Jack in the Box (or was it McDonalds?!)

I'm all for open carry, but these guys could have gone about this a little better - maybe carrying signs and also letting the restaurant know prior to entering that they were going to be open carrying.

McDonald's staff lock themselves in freezer after armed pro-gun group come in for dinner | Mail Online

(Of course, given that the news report can't even get the name of the restaurant straight, I wonder how much else in the story is accurate! The headline says it was "Jack in the Box"; the picture is clearly in a McDonalds.)
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    OCing isn't my thing but if someone wants to they should. ..It's just a personal choice..When i see someone OCing an AR,like these people,if the article is true,the first thing that comes to mind is the saying, you can't fix stupid

Opps......
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    I think it all went pretty well.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I agree they all went a little overboard, all sides. If you're having a protest, have signs to make your purpose clear. But, Ben, you may want to clean your glasses, the pics are in a Jack in the Box - the sign right behind the group with a manager says "Jack's something something BLAZE" ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Bekkers View Post
    I agree they all went a little overboard, all sides. If you're having a protest, have signs to make your purpose clear. But, Ben, you may want to clean your glasses, the pics are in a Jack in the Box - the sign right behind the group with a manager says "Jack's something something BLAZE" ;)
    I stand corrected!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

I couldn't resist picking on you... sorry!
    BenGoodLuck and gatorbait51 like this.

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    I'm all for open carry in Texas. But what these guys did could have been handled better. They should have had signs or called ahead and stated something. Because of the lack of forthought there was this situation. That's one bad thing about the TX law saying long arms are a go in public. People don't know the law says that's it is legal and the cops get called. And now the law abiding gun owner is arrested for "disturbing the peace". While he is doing something that is perfectly legal. The same will go if TX senat passes an OC bill. People will be called on when someone is carrying a pistol into Wal-Mart.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bekkers View Post
    I couldn't resist picking on you... sorry!
    No offense taken! I don't eat at either, so at the risk of sounding 'restaurant-ist', they all look alike to me!
    Bekkers and WannabeaCPA like this.
    Ben

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    I'm all for open carry, but these guys could have gone about this a little better - maybe carrying signs and also letting the restaurant know prior to entering that they were going to be open carrying.

McDonald's staff lock themselves in freezer after armed pro-gun group come in for dinner | Mail Online

(Of course, given that the news report can't even get the name of the restaurant straight, I wonder how much else in the story is accurate! The headline says it was "Jack in the Box"; the picture is clearly in a McDonalds.)
    So when you conceal carry in a restaurant should you also have to wear a sign and call the restaurant prior to entering?

After all, your licensed concealed carry firearm is also 100% legal to carry.

Should I call the restaurant and wear a sign if I plan on carrying a backpack into the restaurant?

What if I wanted to open carry my Bible in the restaurant, should I also be required to wear a sign and call ahead?
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

For me, carrying my defense weapon concealed is enough. Open carrying could end up being dangerous for me and could be offensive to others, so I don't support the idea, even though I respect the choice of others. But when I see a guy walk in carrying a visible weapon I will disengage the safety on mine and keep an eye on the guy.

VIP Member
    How did they know when to come out of the freezer?
    BenGoodLuck, Aceoky and Ksgunner like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wysh View Post
    For me, carrying my defense weapon concealed is enough. Open carrying could end up being dangerous for me and could be offensive to others, so I don't support the idea, even though I respect the choice of others. But when I see a guy walk in carrying a visible weapon I will disengage the safety on mine and keep an eye on the guy.
    Concealed carrying is also 'offensive' to some too, so maybe you shouldn't CC either then you won't offend anyone...
    You "don't support the idea" but "respect the choice of others"? kind of a double edged sword?, do you support peoples right to 'bear arms', or is your version of the 2A selective?.

If I read your statement right, it's ok for you to be somewhere with a piece of cloth covering your weapon, but if someone walks in without a piece of cloth covering their weapon, you immediately go into "ready to shoot" mode?.

Sara Lou
    If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you lost...

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn...

It never gets easier, you just get stronger...

VIP Member
    Interesting development. The President of the Texas open carry group said that he spoke to the Jack in the box corp folks and found out that not one employee panicked and ran into the freezer or off premises. The 911 call was made by a couple eating there. Talk about blown out of proportion.The cops responded in force based upon the couples report of their version of what was going down.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

The comments are stating that:
    (1) Nobody went into the freezer.
    (2) Employees did not make the 911 call.
    (3) Call was made by a customer.

From the pictures, I can tell:
    (1) It must've been a slow day for all those cars to respond.
    (2) One rifle toter in gray didn't need to eat there.
    (3) One cop in blue ate there too much.

I do have one question, though. If you OC your preferred long gun to the fast food joint and you sit inside to eat, where do you secure your weapon?
    american23, BenGoodLuck and baren like this.
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links