Open carry in Arkansas

Open carry in Arkansas

This is a discussion on Open carry in Arkansas within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, it appears that each individual county and some cities interpret the new laws differently. Much confusion in the Natural State lately even with same ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By HotGuns

Thread: Open carry in Arkansas

Open carry in Arkansas

Well, it appears that each individual county and some cities interpret the new laws differently. Much confusion in the Natural State lately even with same sex marriages. There have been many open carry group demonstrations throughout the state in the larger cities all peaceable and nobody has been arrested. testing the waters, I have a good friend that I visit with often that lives in Fayetteville in Washington county. According to the county and city administration and law enforcement, open carry is perfectly legal and you will not be harassed in any way. My friend is currently painting a house that he is fixing to move into next month. I have open carried while going with him to many places without incident. Lowes, Home Depot, WalMart, Harp's, and several dining venues in the area over the past week. What I have surmised at this point is that the general public does not seem to take notice or they think it's fine and commonplace for folks to carry in public. Not sure if it's just the locals accepting the idea or what. I just haven't gotten up the nerve to do this in my home town yet because it's still pretty much a one-horse town and all. I sure wish the state would define the intent of the laws past last year more clearly. But for now I am enjoying open carry in Arkansas. That's the way it should be.
    How much difference is there between terrorism and tyranny?

Senior Moderator
    You have to remember the most of the northern part of Arkansas is very conservatives s its the southern, more liberal part of the state that will have more trouble with the idea of open carry. I think that this is more of a party thing, the ones that are the most outspoken are Democrats and the ones that don't oppose it or even openly support it are Republicans.it has been widely discussed here on the state level.

I know where I live, for the most part there are no issues with open carry.
    Aceoky and Eagleks like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Sponsored Links