Open Long gun carry

Open Long gun carry

This is a discussion on Open Long gun carry within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I guess I just don't "get" it. Why would you want to open carry a long gun. Just get a pistol and carry that on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Open Long gun carry

Open Long gun carry

I guess I just don't "get" it. Why would you want to open carry a long gun. Just get a pistol and carry that on your hip...seems like long gun open carry (unless you are hunting) just incites hysteria which 2A supporters don't need.
    Doesn't matter if you win or lose, as long as you win.

Though they have been scarring the BAJEEBS out of the civilians in fast food joints.... They have a point. In Texas open carry of a long gun is legal (Black powder handguns are also legal in Texas as OC). They need some good Public relations help. I would like to see Texas go OC for handgun. I would still remain CC (personal choice).

Open Carry Texas
    WrongRecroom and BenGoodLuck like this.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

So open carry with long guns is legal in Texas but not with handguns ? So that's what this restaurant thing is about ?
    Ghost1958 likes this.

The last time I OCed a long gun (4 years ago) I was way out in the country and I was camping. It was 10-15 miles to the closest town where I was. To OC a long gun around town is just stupid IMO.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

OCing a long gun incites fear and hurts our image.

OCing a long gun forces an issue that often gets to be decided by the dark side.

I suspect that at least some of the long gun OCers are antis in disguise. (Just a suspicion, no supporting info on this.)

grouse and mano3 like this.
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

Oc'ing a long gun into a mall...is just idiotic...in my opinion. I am beginning to think it's the anTi 2A's that are trying to make us look like rubes.
    Richard58, Old Sarge and grouse like this.

All I firg :

1. No permit needed to OC so if you dont have a permit and need a gun this is the only option if you want it on you
    2. Show people that guns are not bad and gun owner are not bad

but people are failing very badly at number 2
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

sometimes i think it's for their own photo op misterfats123.jpg
    My best bud belongs to OCT (open Carry Texas) Here we are at a fast food restaurant. I was there with phone camera JUST IN CASE. When they have a planned event out doors and they want to stop for lunch i would think it would be a good idea to check ahead first. though legal in Texas , it's just causing bad will.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    All I firg :

1. No permit needed to OC so if you dont have a permit and need a gun this is the only option if you want it on you
    2. Show people that guns are not bad and gun owner are not bad

but people are failing very badly at number 2
    Exactly, so what are they trying to prove....? It's scary....everyday non carrying people do not like scary.
    Richard58 likes this.

TX long gun OC legal handgun not legal to OC. These guys are trying to show the absurdity of that arrangement.

Simple question. These guns have not threatened, aimed at, nor harmed a single soul. What they are doing is in that state legal.

Now, exactly how are people doing a legal thing, peacefully non threateningly and not harming one single person, scaring supposedly sane people??? After the collective gasps and they are hurting our cause chants take a moment to consider who in these little chin whacks of OCing long guns legally and peacefully actually has the mental problem???
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by calamityjane38 View Post
    So open carry with long guns is legal in Texas but not with handguns ? So that's what this restaurant thing is about ?
    Exactly, they are open carrying long guns in part to exercise their rights and also to show that it is ridiculous to allow longgun OC and not allow open carry of handguns. If handguns wre Leagal to OC they would carry them instead.
    Recon1342 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by calamityjane38 View Post
    Exactly, so what are they trying to prove....? It's scary....everyday non carrying people do not like scary.
    What makes a rifle scary and a handgun not scary?
    For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf,
    and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Did the OP miss the 5 other threads on LGOC that are on the top half of the first page?

I'm starting to wonder if the anti's aren't organizing long gun open carry photo ops just to stir up trouble and then pressure businesses to ban guns in their stores/restaurants.

-SF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    grouse likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Maybe it is a mine is bigger than yours phallic thing. :)
    denclaste likes this.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links