OK - Mothers Demand Action thrown out of OK Chipotle during Open Carry Rally

This is a discussion on OK - Mothers Demand Action thrown out of OK Chipotle during Open Carry Rally within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Moms Demand Action Allegedly Gets Kicked Out of Chipotle Restaurant...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: OK - Mothers Demand Action thrown out of OK Chipotle during Open Carry Rally

Gun_guy, StormRhydr, niks and 8 others like this.

VIP Member
    Here is another account, probably the original:
    Tulsa Chipotle boots out Moms Demand Action by David Risselada
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Looks like someone finally let common sense and fortitude rule the day,,,,,,,,,sadly neither is not real common today......

they won’t ask you to leave if you don’t; after all, in Oklahoma it is legal to openly carry, so they at least respect the law and your rights.
    Finally, he acknowledged that people behaving in the manner as Moms Demand Action had in his store were actually more harmful than lawfully carrying a firearm.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    David Risselada: "Moms Demand Action has made in a campaign to pressure restaurants and other local businesses to turn away customers exercising their rights to carry. Many have capitulated, Starbucks for one, and now Chili’s is considering asking patrons to leave their guns at home as well."

Capitulated? Neither Starbucks nor Chili's has turned away gun carrying customers. Asking is not demanding. It's more of a "Don't bring your issues here or we will have to ask you to leave. It's not good for business."

I'd rather ask people to not wear hoodies and knit caps in August, but it would also fall on deaf ears.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I'm impressed with the outcome, and it's refreshing to see a business follow Oklahoma law.
    It certainly sounded like a peaceful gathering...until the unreasonable MWOB (Moms W/O Brains) showed up.
    Congrats to that restaurant owner...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Now that is some "common sense" gun control.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

This is a great outcome. I hope we see more of it we need to get the message out that the socially unacceptable are the infringers not the gun owners.

VIP Member
    The fallout should be interesting. AIUI, all Chipotle are company stores (no franchises). Therefore, the manager reports up the chain to the goobers who don't want guns in the stores. I wonder how this will shake out.
    gatorbait51 and ccw9mm like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Haha . . . That must have been a rude awakening for the MDA folks.
    Aceoky likes this.

VIP Member
    This is a case of a business doing what is right for the business. I am willing to bet that the manager or owner of that Chipotle understands his customer base very well. He knows that those who actually live in his market are far more likely to support gun rights than oppose. He took a middle of the road approach - he would not endorse or condemn gun rights - he just wants to operate his business without having to make a political statement.

Why is that so hard to understand? The vast majority of business owners don't want to be pressured by either side; they just want to operate their businesses and make a profit. Anyone trying to make a statement in their establishment detracts from their business. Frankly, we should all leave them alone to operate in peace.

Maybe its high time that someone suggest that these "mothers demanding action" have done a rotten job of raising their special lil snowflakes. Perhaps if they spent a bit more time with their kids, teaching them right from wrong, we wouldnt be having the problems THEIR KIDS ARE CAUSING!

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    The fallout should be interesting. AIUI, all Chipotle are company stores (no franchises). Therefore, the manager reports up the chain to the goobers who don't want guns in the stores. I wonder how this will shake out.
    All he has to say is the moms were causing a scene which was causing other patrons to complain.

"Problem" solved.
    OldVet, gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Maybe its high time that someone suggest that these "mothers demanding action" have done a rotten job of raising their special lil snowflakes. Perhaps if they spent a bit more time with their kids, teaching them right from wrong, we wouldnt be having the problems THEIR KIDS ARE CAUSING!
    Storm, don't you know their little snowflakes are a part of the collective. It's everyone else who is wrong. Get with the program .
    Aceoky, tdave and mprp like this.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorbait51 View Post
    Storm, don't you know their little snowflakes area part of the collective. It's everyone else who is wrong. Get with the program .
    Yeah. I will do that as soon as you do, lol.

See yah in Camden!
    gatorbait51, Aceoky and tdave like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links