NRA

NRA

This is a discussion on NRA within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So just read an article on the blaze that the NRA is saying that the group open carry protests are counterproductive and just plain weird. ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree230Likes

Thread: NRA

NRA

So just read an article on the blaze that the NRA is saying that the group open carry protests are counterproductive and just plain weird. That it is turning companies against gun owners, because it scares people and inevitably creates bad press.

I agree with those comments made by the NRA.

When you take a protest to a place of business and inadvertently interrupt their day, it's obvious that the said business will not favor you.

I'm all for protesting and standing up for our rights. However, there is a time and place for that. Better venue selection would be prudent.

That didn't work out well for open carry in CA...
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Normals get blamed for radicals all the time......
    Richard
    I shoot things with a Canon

Maybe, but in my state you can and do see both oc and cc carry. Not a big thing out here.
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

There's another one on guns.com that has the TX OC group's comments relating to the NRA not supporting them. They claim "the whole world" is aware of the change in their methods and that they are posting pictures of their members cutting up their NRA lifetime membership cards. Sound like a bunch of whiners.

TX OC is not helping anyone's cause.
    My EDC: Springfield XDS
    My sometimes EDC: Colt XSE LW or G26

VIP Member
    These idiots OC'ing rifles, "just because we can", to try to push legislation for OC of pistols is the equivalent to operating a whole tank battalion down main street "just because we can" to try to push for legislation to OC rifles.
    Its spookin' the sheeple.
    Don't do it.

If something is legal, AND prudent, then by all means.
    Carrying rifles through a town, big or small, is just reaffirming the notion to all that gun people are gun nuts.
    That is counterproductive.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

IMHO they are a bunch of panty-sniffing toothless wonders without a triple digit IQ amongst any of them, pursuing a counterproductive strategy of dubious distinction embarrassing anyone that owns a gun regardless of how it might be used. Although I try to avoid stereotyping as much as possible, the pictures I've seen and the arguments made by the group make me shudder as I try to dispel the first, second, and third impressions. If I were trying to create a parody for South Park I couldn't have designed more compelling persona to feed to cynicism and humor.

All said and done, it sets us back, say, two or three million IQ Points and 14 bazillion pounds of hard earned credibility.

They disgrace us, they disgrace their parents, their state, and their alma maters, if they have any.

I agree strongly 100% with the statements by the NRA.
    NRA Life Member

Do you all know who is the president of Open Carry Texas?
    C.J. Grisham.
    Explains a lot I think.
    gatorbait51 and Tinman517 like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

The NRA made me proud. And who cares if they cut up their cards - they've already paid their lifetime dues.

I am an NRA supporter and agree. To win a war you must choose your battles. If you want to be mainstream you have to be smart.

VIP Member
    I still cannot tell if the Chipoltle twits were simply fools or ,more sinister, knaves .
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

Distinguished Member Array David Armstrong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deadsexy View Post
    So just read an article on the blaze that the NRA is saying that the group open carry protests are counterproductive and just plain weird. That it is turning companies against gun owners, because it scares people and inevitably creates bad press.
    Sounds like a pretty good statement to me

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    IMHO they are a bunch of panty-sniffing toothless wonders without a triple digit IQ amongst any of them, pursuing a counterproductive strategy of dubious distinction embarrassing anyone that owns a gun regardless of how it might be used. Although I try to avoid stereotyping as much as possible, the pictures I've seen and the arguments made by the group make me shudder as I try to dispel the first, second, and third impressions. If I were trying to create a parody for South Park I couldn't have designed more compelling persona to feed to cynicism and humor.

All said and done, it sets us back, say, two or three million IQ Points and 14 bazillion pounds of hard earned credibility.

They disgrace us, they disgrace their parents, their state, and their alma maters, if they have any.
    This nailed it!
    Tinman517 and gatorbait51 like this.
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links