Consequences to your actions,,,,,,,,Sonic robbed....

This is a discussion on Consequences to your actions,,,,,,,,Sonic robbed.... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sonic Robbed Same Day Gun Ban Announced Now before anyone gets on their soapbox with an "I told you so",,,,,,,I think the ones that forced ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Consequences to your actions,,,,,,,,Sonic robbed....

Sonic Robbed Same Day Gun Ban Announced

Now before anyone gets on their soapbox with an "I told you so",,,,,,,I think the ones that forced the issue to gain national attention hold some responsibility for this,,,,,,,Now those on the fence "may" change their stance,,,,,,,,,Nah.......

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    Another Criminal Protection Zone. That is exactly what was supposed to happen.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

VIP Member
    Once again, we see that at least some criminals are smart enough to look for 'gun free zones'. We hear it time and again with mass shooters and we are starting to hear it more with more simple crimes.

At what point does America realize that gun free zones are nothing more than invitations to criminals?

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyD View Post
    Once again, we see that at least some criminals are smart enough to look for 'gun free zones'. We hear it time and again with mass shooters and we are starting to hear it more with more simple crimes.

At what point does America realize that gun free zones are nothing more than invitations to criminals?
    That would require thinking.

VIP Member
    Liberals will demand they put up bigger signs so the criminals may see them easier.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Liberals will demand they put up bigger signs so the criminals may see them easier.
    Before the liberals do that, they'll want to spend billions of the taxpayer's money on teaching the criminals how to read and making sure they get free yearly eye examinations and have free prescription eyeglass coverage.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

No problem. I won't go into their no-gun zone tomorrow (but the person I protect up to and including my life will be there with me). Too dangerous.

Distinguished Member Array CWOUSCG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Before the liberals do that, they'll want to spend billions of the taxpayer's money on teaching the criminals how to read and making sure they get free yearly eye examinations and have free prescription eyeglass coverage.
    Already got that. The teaching to read part isn't going so well tho.
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.

"If someone gets into your house which would you rather have, a handgun or a phone? You can call the police if you want, and they’ll get there; and they’ll take a picture of your dead body."

Quote Originally Posted by RickyD View Post
    Simple question of risk/reward. Anything that boosts the rewards is a consideration. Such as, having a cashier's till to fleece. Anything that boosts the risks is a consideration. Such as, heavily-armed venues to be avoided.

Any violent criminal would consider those basics. Else, there's no reason to go. We're deluding ourselves if we imagine the average perp fails to do so. Some might do it very badly, of course, and some might not even care about the downsides, but I'd bet that nearly all (or even all) do it.

Unsurprising that, somewhere, a restaurant claiming to be a criminal-empowerment zone got robbed. Get it advertised, promote that stance, eliminate the customer base who'd otherwise be capable of withstanding things ... and you end up with a group who's incapable, and a whole world of perps who know it. Pretty much the progression of things, when going down that path. Like the watering hole being the choice spot on the savannah, for all the same basic reasons. It's inevitable.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Gun owners did a legal thing. Antis barked, Sonic caved, and got exactly what they asked for. The legally carrying gun owners bear no responsibility for the stupid robbery.

Put the blame where it goes. Antis making a fuss over a legal act, resulting in Sonic caving to their howls.

No sympathy for Sonic from me. They had a choice, They chose. They paid the price for it.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I have seen no evidence that "gun free" businesses are robbed more frequently than non posted businesses. If you have some, please post it and the source. Anecdotal evidence doesn't have much value. Businesses with out no gun signs get robbed every day. I am sure Sonic stores were robbed before the signs went up, but unless somebody died, it stayed as local news.
    Businesses actually lose more to employee theft than to robberies, but that isn't dramatic enough to make the news.

VIP Member
    How could that happen?
    As a business it's their choice but, Its ironic that it happened the same day. I am surprised the media did not blame the pro gun people for the robbery
    Aceoky likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Tank You....Boyza. For that lovely toe tapping tune........Lawrence Welk.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Interestingly; I've never heard of a Practice Gun Range being robbed? Hmmm?

One of the places I go to practice does a tremendous amount of business from 9:30am til 8pm WITHOUT a
    cash drop we see at convenience stores.

I think if I had a brick & mortar cash business I might want a big sign that read

"WE HAVE GUNS HERE; LOTS OF 'EM!"
    Aceoky, Tinman517 and msgt/ret like this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Distinguished Member
    They need a new sign
    Carriers Welcome Sign.jpg
    Aceoky, CWOUSCG, BayouBoy and 5 others like this.
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your PX4 & your CZ and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.”

NRA Member
    Full Time Firearm Student

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links