‘Open Carry’ Gun Fight Moves to Target Stores

‘Open Carry’ Gun Fight Moves to Target Stores

This is a discussion on ‘Open Carry’ Gun Fight Moves to Target Stores within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ?Open Carry? Gun Fight Moves to Target Stores - Washington Wire - WSJ BN-DB555_target_G_20140603151325.jpg Bd6yO9RCIAEd5MX.jpg...

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: ‘Open Carry’ Gun Fight Moves to Target Stores

gatorbait51 likes this.

I actually support open carry. As things stood before sandy hook, the only people average citizens thought of as having guns were those they didnt want to encounter. Namely; Thugs, Police, and escaped lunatics out to shoot everyone in sight.

Average folks never knew that CC holders were around them all the time. If they dont see law abiding citizens with guns, they dont think we exist.

Having said that, I wish the pics I saw of those open carrying showed people more squared away looking. The guy in the bottom picture is more like what Im talking about. He looks fine.

If "we" are going to be seen in the open carrying, and hope to POSITIVELY influence others, I think we should dress the part. Shave, tuck in your shirt, get your gig line straight, etc.

I really do not see how this type of action improves their position with the non gun owning general public.

If anything, I think it would push those on the fence over to the anti gun camp.

Open carrying a rifle in that manner is stupid. A handgun is just fine to get the point across. Unless hunting or target shooting there is absolutely zero reasons to open carry a rifle. I think its something that losers do to feel powerful, and its going to ruin everything for normal gun carying citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post

If "we" are going to be seen in the open carrying, and hope to POSITIVELY influence others, I think we should dress the part. Shave, tuck in your shirt, get your gig line straight, etc.
    I'd like guys/men to stop wearing girl sox. When I was in junior high (before middle school for the whipper snappers here) NONE OF US GUYS wore sox like that unless you wanted to get the snot beat out of you.
    Short pants get my ire up too. Like some of those bicycle cops in the big cities with their phony baloney short pants girl sox and BS helmets. I see cops like that and I'm real glad I don't have to go around in public dressed like a Gomer.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

VIP Member
    I support OC and believe everyone has a right to own and carry whatever they want. However, these demonstrations just turn too many people off. There are better ways to make statement.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    I actually support open carry. As things stood before sandy hook, the only people average citizens thought of as having guns were those they didnt want to encounter. Namely; Thugs, Police, and escaped lunatics out to shoot everyone in sight.

Average folks never knew that CC holders were around them all the time. If they dont see law abiding citizens with guns, they dont think we exist.

Having said that, I wish the pics I saw of those open carrying showed people more squared away looking. The guy in the bottom picture is more like what Im talking about. He looks fine.

The guy in the second photo has it right . Firearm secure, not dressing like a wild man. In the first photo, too much tacticool drag. I do like the fact there's a young woman involved, that may soften it a bit.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun_guy View Post
    Open carrying a rifle in that manner is stupid. A handgun is just fine to get the point across. Unless hunting or target shooting there is absolutely zero reasons to open carry a rifle. I think its something that little dick losers do to feel powerful, and its going to ruin everything for normal gun carying citizens.
    Texas is laboring under a reconstruction era anti open handgun law. Long guns are fine. That said, tactically slung rifles along with slovenly appearance does not project the image quite right. For the record, I like open carry,especially here in hot as an oven south Louisiana .
    Last edited by gatorbait51; June 4th, 2014 at 06:40 PM. Reason: missing ,but important, word,
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

I support open carry but good grief people if they keep carrying "assault rifles" which most people not into guns think are machine guns and scarring the crap out of the soccer moms and just non gun type citizens, legal carry is going to be gone. I'm beginning to think this may be anti gun crowd trying to make us look bad. A pistol on the hip of a squared away looking person going about their business all I do is glance to see what they are carrying, a rifle and I instantly start looking for what is wrong because they are very serious business tools ment to take the fight to your enemy not defend yourself while trying to get away. If this keeps up it doesn't bode well for responsible gun owners

VIP Member
    Its an in your face tactic. Some people just have to pee on an electric fence.

I think its something that losers do to feel powerful, and its going to ruin everything for normal gun carying citizens.
    Projecting?

Why do you carry?

While I don't agree with these folks, I don't use typical anti-2A arguments and projection to attack them.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    I'd like guys/men to stop wearing girl sox. When I was in junior high (before middle school for the whipper snappers here) NONE OF US GUYS wore sox like that unless you wanted to get the snot beat out of you.
    Short pants get my ire up too. Like some of those bicycle cops in the big cities with their phony baloney short pants girl sox and BS helmets. I see cops like that and I'm real glad I don't have to go around in public dressed like a Gomer.
    I was thinking the same thing. I think it came into style when I was in HS (early 90s) and I hated it then as well. I'm currently getting strange looks from my coworkers for trying not to laugh too much at my desk (collections really isn't that entertaining of a job).

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    NONAME762 and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    Its an in your face tactic. Some people just have to pee on an electric fence.

So once was enough for you eh?
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Certain things should be left untested. In this case, the tolerance of the general public.

I really think the majority of these guys the recent incidents (Chipolte, Panera, Starbucks, Target) are not checking thier egos at any door. The excitement, the publicity and the chance to puff up thier chest with a powerful weapon slung over their shoulder is much more important to them than any 2A issue. Either that or they are morons, not sure which now that I think of it. Seriously, this has got to end or RKBA will be set back considerably for the whole country.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links