OC in Michigan ??

OC in Michigan ??

This is a discussion on OC in Michigan ?? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have lived in Michigan since 1992 and I have yet to see an individual OC'in. My job has taken me to many cities in ...

Thread: OC in Michigan ??

OC in Michigan ??

I have lived in Michigan since 1992 and I have yet to see an individual OC'in. My job has taken me to many cities in MI to work for extended periods of time and I just dont see it. I see postings for OC rallies at parks ect but have never attended one. I remember working in Charleston, WV on a project and saw a couple guys come into taco bell with pistols on their hips but thats it in my 47 years of existence. Anyone else notice this also? I have had my CPL for just over 13 years so have no interest in doing it myself, but I do like the fact that is legal no (permit required) and an option.

Quote Originally Posted by todd_g View Post
    I have lived in Michigan since 1992 and I have yet to see an individual OC'in. My job has taken me to many cities in MI to work for extended periods of time and I just dont see it. I see postings for OC rallies at parks ect but have never attended one. I remember working in Charleston, WV on a project and saw a couple guys come into taco bell with pistols on their hips but thats it in my 47 years of existence. Anyone else notice this also? I have had my CPL for just over 13 years so have no interest in doing it myself, but I do like the fact that is legal no (permit required) and an option.
    It depends on which part of the state you are in as to whether you will see it or not. Farther up north in the smaller communities, you see some of it. Down the 1-96 corridor you will not see it that often.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I live in the Upper Peninsula, however I do not see OC anywhere. In Marquette county 1 in 9 people have their CPL, so you may not see it but you can be assured that they are around.
    I do see people with long guns (rifles) in their trucks all the time.

OC in MI

OC in Michigan is alive and well. I live in Monroe Co. SE Michigan and open carry. Not so much in the winter. Never had a problem with it. No cops stopping me, no one running out of the store or restaurant in fear for their lives, kids screaming. Compliments are what I have received. Couple gun enthusiast notice, or clerks notice and start checking it out and we talk about what each other carry. No Big Deal.

Lead Moderator
    I've seen a few over the years , but I live in a smaller city up north.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

My son worked in a home depot and he said he has seen several caring in the store. One manager wanted to call the police on a fellow and my son had to explain that it was legal to carry open. I have seen only one in my travels through my state.
    1911 when a follow up shot just isn't an option

VIP Member
    http://michiganopencarry.or

My nephew OC's every now and then.

When he was younger, he was "interviewed" by an LEO, and wised up the well meaning officer, with one of the LEO packets from the above website.
    Policeman didn't even know(so he says) that its legal in Mi.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

I saw a guy open carry at a local gas station here in SW Lower Michigan.
    It was good to see.
    I don't enjoy attention so I keep mine concealed...though I'd open carry up north during hunting season.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

I cannot understand how accurately describing someones position on a topic can be insulting. If the OP's point is that misrepresenting someone's position and just calling them names isn't good then agreed. Calling fascists by that title isn't wrong and conveys a whole lot of information without having to restate the definitive information.

However, we've become a society that too often doesn't want to offend anyone- including the worst amongst us.

I OC in west Michigan allot and have never had a issue. That being said in other then events or protest I hasn't seen anyone else do the same around town.

Sent from my XT1080 using Outdoor Forums mobile app

I saw a guy OCing what looked like a 1911 in an Ann Arbor Meijer once.

Sponsored Links