Did my first OC Wally Walk Tonight... TWICE

Did my first OC Wally Walk Tonight... TWICE

This is a discussion on Did my first OC Wally Walk Tonight... TWICE within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to a Wally World about 45 minutes away, since they are the one that sells ammo. I OC'd my M&P in my BladeTech ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Did my first OC Wally Walk Tonight... TWICE

Cool Did my first OC Wally Walk Tonight... TWICE

I went to a Wally World about 45 minutes away, since they are the one that sells ammo.

I OC'd my M&P in my BladeTech Paddle Holster and my FOBUS Double mag paddle, with my t shirt tucked behind both.

A few customers did a double take @ me but more than half of the employees I encountered looked and then went about their business. A few looked at it then made eye contact. I just gave them a friendly "Hey, how are you?" and it eased the tension in the few that did it.

Stopped at another WW on the way back home, One guy pushing a floor buffer, stopped pushing it to walk back down a staged isle, just to get a better look at me & the gun a second time. LOL. I made eye contact with him and smiled and he just gave me the WHATS UP nod. I walked passed what looked to be a detective that had come in to stuff for home. Saw his badge and gun on his belt. He looked at me, saw mine, we exchanged eye contact and smiled. He didn't even look twice.

I felt much more at ease OCing as I had no shirt to worry about trying to cover it.

Walmart ammo prices suck... way better deals online. LOL.

Over all.. I prefer OC to CC anyday. Far less stressful.
    AmmoHunters: Facebook | Website (Coming Soon)
    DVSC Range
    FogDoc

VIP Member
    Very good , and no one tried to jump you and take your weapon .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Good job...carry on.

Good job. I hate it when people who may or may not be detectives draw their guns and point them at my chest. Then I have to decide what to do next.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy218 View Post
    Walmart ammo prices suck... way better deals online. LOL.
    No kidding! I went to the closest Walmart, all they had in 40 S&W was 20 rd of Speer GDHP for $30.00. Ended up driving another 20 miles to get some Win. 40 FMJ 100/$38.00
    I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking. -- Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower, 06 June 1944

I'm waiting to hear, "hey mommy, he has a gun" from a little'un.
    Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Eph. 6:11-12

Good for you. Be safe out there.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by techieccw View Post
    No kidding! I went to the closest Walmart, all they had in 40 S&W was 20 rd of Speer GDHP for $30.00. Ended up driving another 20 miles to get some Win. 40 FMJ 100/$38.00
    That's odd. My local walmart has had a good selection of .40 throughout the panic. Better pricing than the LGS's I go to. Almost never have defense rounds. Now they have a variety of 9 and .45 as well.

To the OP, glad it went smoothly. On days I don't work, I almost always OC. While I have gotten a look or two, only once did I get the impression he wasn't happy seeing my gun. Carry on and be safe.
    poetdante and Aceoky like this.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Great job. I did my first OC a couple days ago. Need to do a Wally walk myself as my first time was biking.

Hey Ianthin: what part of KY are you in? I agree, ammo prices/availability is usually ok (at least in Louisville Walmarts). Federal .40 100ct is $33 and 9mm is just $26. Not exactly the price of online in bulk but close enough until one can get an order of 3000 in. As for .45s, Cabelas had a sale on Fiocchi (favorite brand for range ammo) 50ct for $22.

VIP Member
    What???

You weren't targeted by the bad guys and shot first???

No one grabbed your gun and shot you with it???
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by poetdante View Post
    Great job. I did my first OC a couple days ago. Need to do a Wally walk myself as my first time was biking.

Hey Ianthin: what part of KY are you in? I agree, ammo prices/availability is usually ok (at least in Louisville Walmarts). Federal .40 100ct is $33 and 9mm is just $26. Not exactly the price of online in bulk but close enough until one can get an order of 3000 in. As for .45s, Cabelas had a sale on Fiocchi (favorite brand for range ammo) 50ct for $22.
    Live in Henry county, work in Oldham county, and do most of my retail and restaurants in E Jefferson County (Summit/ Springhurst). Walmart in LaGrange is my first stop for Target ammo. Usually buy a box of something every week. That is a good price on the Fiochi, May have to swing in there and pick up a box or two. I agree their prices are a bit higher than online, but by the time you factor shipping on just a box or two it almost levels out. That's all I can afford at a time anyway.
    Ghost1958 and Aceoky like this.

Great to hear everything went well. I've been OC'ing since last September and never had a 'bad' reaction yet, it's like I tell anyone who asks, it's not how you carry your gun, it's how you carry yourself.

Sara Lou
    ginzo likes this.
    If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you lost...

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn...

It never gets easier, you just get stronger...

Glad you knocked that off the list!!!!
    I carry a gun because a policeman is to heavy.
    M&P 40 FS
    M&P 40c
    S&W 638
    Ruger Security Six
    Ruger Speed Six

Administrator
    Interesting that the "Wally Walk" has been around for many years and was originally used as a confidence builder for new concealed carry folks who were brand new to carrying a firearm out in public.

It's use by the Open Carry folks is a comparatively recent adoption.

Just posted as a FYI that none of the "historic" Wally Walkers ever open carried.

Personally I thought the whole idea of the Wally Walk & the original buying of the Nachos at W.W. was kinda dumb right from its very inception.
    hogdaddy and Bad Bob like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I gather the OP lives in the south?
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links