I saw three open carriers in the wild...in ONE DAY

This is a discussion on I saw three open carriers in the wild...in ONE DAY within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yes, THREE. And it gets even better. The first two I saw in the same store. So this weekend I'm on a mission to fix ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: I saw three open carriers in the wild...in ONE DAY

Yes, THREE. And it gets even better. The first two I saw in the same store.

So this weekend I'm on a mission to fix my wife's brakes, so I stop into Advance Auto to pick up my supplies, and as soon as I walk in the door I see a guy checking out at the register wearing a full sized Springfield XD. Cool, I thought-it's about time I see another OCer in the wild, and went to gather my goods.

I get to the checkout line myself, and I see another one. This time I wasn't sure of the make/model so I struck up a conversation with the guy. And for the life of me I cannot remember what he said it was. I just know that it was a stainless .380 in a nylon holster. It was a really obscure make that I didn't think I'd ever heard of before. I did some searching later on and it looked very much like the Jennings JA 380, so that may have been it.

Later that day the wife and I ran to Wal-Mart to pick up some groceries and as soon as I pull into a parking spot I see a guy across from me in the lot getting off his motorcycle wearing a Glock.

I'm starting to not feel so lonely OCing in my neck of the woods.

To each his own, just not my "cup of tea".

And not one of the OC'ers pulled his gun and started killing all the children around him.

On the other hand, my guess is that it's only a matter of time before an OC'er has his gun grabbed from his non-security holster and has to choose between giving it up or getting shot.

I OC when I am in Millington, TN where I do most of my shopping. When in Memphis, it is CC for me just because the MPD is uninformed and antsy.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Not surprising to me.

After all it was in Tennessee and the encounters took place at an auto parts store and WalMart. LOL
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

VIP Member
    For the evening of July 4th, we went to a public park in Georgia that hosted food vendors, bands and fireworks. The crowd consisted of ~14,000 people, among which I spotted several handgun OC'ers (I was concealed). Nobody freaking out, well-behaved crowd, and plenty of police presence, with no dorks taunting them with long guns. It was a really good time.
    Aceoky, joker1, OldVet and 5 others like this.

Lived in GA for a while lots of OC no problems just very normal there
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Glad to hear it! We have far too few in my area.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

How did you ever make it home alive? Glad to hear you had a good day.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him."-Jeremiah 17:7

Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    And not one of the OC'ers pulled his gun and started killing all the children around him.

On the other hand, my guess is that it's only a matter of time before an OC'er has his gun grabbed from his non-security holster and has to choose between giving it up or getting shot.
    To the poor guy's credit with the Jennings, he was carrying in a nylon holster with a strap secured by velcro. So in essence I guess it's a Level 2 retention holster just like most others', but at the same time he's going to have a heckuva time drawing with that thing if he ever needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    To each his own, just not my "cup of tea".
    You do realize you're posting on the open carry forum, right?
    Last edited by OD*; July 9th, 2014 at 08:58 AM.
    gatorbait51 and Zralou like this.

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    I saw one this morning in a donut shop in Minden, LA. He was eating a donut. Must have been a retired LEO. Then just a few minutes ago, I saw two in a Pizza Hut eating a pizza.

Must be that those OCing likes to eat before shopping at Walmart.

For each one a person notices, there are others that are not noticed. I had a retired FBI agent compliment me last week on how well my sidearm blended with my clothing. Most people never see my OC sidearm.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

My family and I went to a park just south of us (Tuscora Park) for the 4th of July fireworks. Was in line behind a fellow that said he saw me earlier (I OC most of the time, including there). He said that he was standing next to two LEOs that were talking about me......just laughed, as it's legal there.

As for the statement mentioned earlier about those who OC and getting their gun taken...ie: "gun grab"......it "just doesn't happen".
    If it did, you'd hear about it all the time.....the anti's would be all over it in the news every time it happened......and how about some statistics on those gun grabs from OCers.....huh?......or was the poster just being sarcastic???

To the OP....there may not be many of us out there compared to CCers, but we're out there!
    gatorbait51 and Zralou like this.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    I live in GA (Atlanta metro area) and I have never ever seen anyone OC except cops, some military, some security guards and the folks who work in the local gun shops.

Other than that, nobody.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    The guy with the Jennings tried but his gun jammed.
    gatorbait51 and v1k1ng0 like this.

Usually see three or four about anytime im in any of the towns semi near me. Not a big deal here.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links