My Parents Open Carry Kids Book

This is a discussion on My Parents Open Carry Kids Book within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In our local paper today Important new kids' book shines light on the horrible shame of closeted gun ownership - Naples Daily News Want the ...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 3 Post By fltsfshr
  • 2 Post By Bama61
  • 1 Post By JJVP
  • 1 Post By gasmitty
  • 1 Post By oldman45
  • 2 Post By wethepeople
  • 1 Post By wethepeople
  • 3 Post By mano3

Thread: My Parents Open Carry Kids Book

In our local paper today
    Important new kids' book shines light on the horrible shame of closeted gun ownership - Naples Daily News

Want the you tube version look here

fltsfshr
    oldman45, mano3 and Aceoky like this.
    I collect all forms of disguised firearms. jewelry guns, wallet guns, and others. Most of my collection is pinfire from the 19th century. Have one and want to sell it, let me know.

Distinguished Member
    I like the idea. I also wonder how long it will take before the anti dragon lady will start something about it.
    welder516 and Aceoky like this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Quote Originally Posted by Bama61 View Post
    I like the idea. I also wonder how long it will take before the anti dragon lady will start something about it.
    The author of the article already took pot shots at the book authors.

You also might like to hear about other possible titles for this new genre:

“Go Ahead, Play with Fire”
    “A Teen’s Guide to Guns and Beer”
    “Roy’s Open Carry Halloween Adventure!”
    "What, me worry?"
    "I'm Loud and I'm Proud...of My Firearm."
    So, after learning about this novel approach to constitutional and artillery issues, do you want to:

Does the publication of a pro-gun open carry children's book make you want to laugh or cry?
    LAUGH
    CRY
    Results VOTE
    He missed one option on the poll "Proud and Happy"
    Aceoky likes this.

I'm tempted to create a user name so I can excoriate the author of this article.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJVP View Post
    The author of the article already took pot shots at the book authors.

He missed one option on the poll "Proud and Happy"
    Agree, but it just shows me the author doesn't know anything about the constitution either.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

I like the response from Damyankee.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

It's so funny the press they've gotten on this book over the last year or so. It was rated by one group as the most disturbing book ever written or something along those lines. It's been out for several years now, it's just now gaining more attention. The guys who wrote the book also started the group "Michigan Open Carry" which has done a lot for gun rights in Michigan. According to the authors the sales on the book lately have been pretty good. I say the more attention the better. The antigun groups try to put their negative spins on the book, but really it's all a bunch of BS as usual.

It has been all over the media, Huffington Post and the Guardian have reviewed it.

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    I wil bet they do not ever experience any child related mishaps with a firearm. It is those that buy guns and drop them in a drawer without ever exposing the children to guns or knowledge about them that see gun accidents with kids.
    Aceoky likes this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Quote Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
    I wil bet they do not ever experience any child related mishaps with a firearm. It is those that buy guns and drop them in a drawer without ever exposing the children to guns or knowledge about them that see gun accidents with kids.
    This is sooo true!! I educated my step kids at an early age. When we go out to eat or whatever, Im OCing.
    Aceoky and oldman45 like this.

Most of the the reviews o amazon for this book are from anti-gun haters who never read it but had to get online and base it anyway. Some of them even come across as threats of death to the authors. I find amazing how horrible and stupid these people sound sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by D_FIN View Post
    Most of the the reviews o amazon for this book are from anti-gun haters who never read it but had to get online and base it anyway. Some of them even come across as threats of death to the authors. I find amazing how horrible and stupid these people sound sometimes.
    HMM, death threats towards guys who are Liberty loving gun toters. They are dumber than I thought.
    Aceoky likes this.

I'd change the title to, My Parents Open Carry and Will Shoot your Dumb-butt if you Try to Hurt Me or my Siblings...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Sponsored Links