Open Carry moving forward in Texas.

This is a discussion on Open Carry moving forward in Texas. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After a hearing that lasted almost eight hours, the Senate State Affairs Committee passed bills that would lift a ban on concealed handguns at university ...

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree655Likes

Thread: Open Carry moving forward in Texas.

After a hearing that lasted almost eight hours, the Senate State Affairs Committee passed bills that would lift a ban on concealed handguns at university campuses (Senate Bill 11) and allow license holders to carry holstered handguns openly (Senate Bill 17). Both measures passed 7-2, with the committee's two Democrats voting against, and now proceed to the full Senate. - The Texas Tribune

It's a start, I'm following this with great interest. Anyone else?
    "What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    Thomas Jefferson

Texas Sen. Don Huffines says Legislature will pass open carry bill | Dallas Morning News

The above link discusses a newly elected Texas Senator who says the support for Constitutional Carry is strong. That sounds like they are making real progress. Sure hope it is true.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    Thomas Jefferson

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln

Now lets see if we can get this small piece of our freedom back.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne
    NRA member 18 yrs.

Oh yes, following with great interest. Hopefully our politicians will see the light and grant us the rest of our 2nd amendment rights.
    Why should Texas be any different than lets say Arizona? 99.9% of us who carry in Texas are Law abiding responsible citizens.
    It is not going to turn into Dodge City around here, just give us more options on what and how to carry.
    Sometimes it is just so blazing hot here I would like to have the option not to have to cover up.
    William Wallace: There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it.

Quote Originally Posted by kiltedcowboy View Post
    Oh yes, following with great interest. Hopefully our politicians will see the light and grant us the rest of our 2nd amendment rights.
    Why should Texas be any different than lets say Arizona? 99.9% of us who carry in Texas are Law abiding responsible citizens.
    It is not going to turn into Dodge City around here, just give us more options on what and how to carry.
    Sometimes it is just so blazing hot here I would like to have the option not to have to cover up.
    Agreed that would be a nice side benefit! I'm hoping the politicians get this one right. Restore our freedoms.
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    It's been fun reading the negative comments, especially the false flaggers along with the blood in the streets crowd .

So far, over here in Louisiana , we're not noticing the blood in the streets.. It'll be great to go to my daughter's and not have to worry about accidentally exposing my sidearm .
    Kennydale, Aceoky and ETXhiker like this.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMER…, POR QUE EN MI CORAZ”N Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

The Totalitarian State in America will not arise at the point of a gun. It will come with a message of

"We only want what's best for you. It's for your own good."

Quote Originally Posted by gatorbait51 View Post
    It's been fun reading the negative comments, especially the false flaggers along with the blood in the streets crowd .

So far, over here in Louisiana , we're not noticing the blood in the streets.. It'll be great to go to my daughter's and not have to worry about accidentally exposing my sidearm .
    You don't have to worry about that over here now.
    gatorbait51 and Kennydale like this.

Just a question. Are they doing away with the "rudely carrying", and other nonsense laws there to go along with the OC of a handgun?? Or will it be like legal long gun carry there? Subject to whether LE wants to harass and charge with silly charges like that until nobody can OC without being the subject of MWAG stops, silly nervous nellie charges etc???

Oh and carry with a permit has nothing to do with the Constitution or Constitutional carry. OC or CC
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdogtx View Post
    You don't have to worry about that over here now.
    That made my day .
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMER…, POR QUE EN MI CORAZ”N Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

The Totalitarian State in America will not arise at the point of a gun. It will come with a message of

"We only want what's best for you. It's for your own good."

Quote Originally Posted by d2jlking View Post
    ................It's a start, I'm following this with great interest. Anyone else?
    Following it with great interest. Got an offer on the house this week and with any luck at all, we will be residing somewhere north of Houston by the end of April. As I've mentioned before, I don't OC except at home or on my property. Here in Nevada, having the ability and right to OC negates the majority of the problems of accidental exposure of your gun. We have one more law here that I like. Other than government property, schools, etc posted "no weapons" signs do not have force of law. All a business can do is ask you to leave, and if you don't you can be charged with trespassing.
    gatorbait51 and d2jlking like this.
    USAF, Retired
    Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36

Life Member: Vietnam Security Police Assn, DVA, VFW, VVA TSNA, NRA,

Distinguished Member Array patri0t's Avatar
    This is great to see coming for Texas. My 40+ years of NRA dues, life membership + countless donations are paying off.
    Reports I've read today indicate the OC is a slam-dunk with Constitutional Carry still being a possibility.
    Any state's 2A victories serves the good citizens of every state.
    GO TEXAS!!
    Retired Deputy- State Trooper (38 long years) 8 yrs RTO - MS Degree- Criminology
    Gun Control measures are Unconstitutional Infringements. Period.
    "...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Where is the NRA ? Are they active with this or are they only about CC ?
    gatorbait51 and d2jlking like this.

Senior Member Array Sliderfusion's Avatar
    I'm all for OC. Myself and my girlfriend are currently set to take some gun safety courses and then go for our CC license. I think this will definitely be a giant step back towards getting our rights back as our fore fathers set forth for us.
    "ALWAYS EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!"

Ex Member Array MiserableOldGit's Avatar
    I honestly don't care if Texas becomes an OC state or not. Personally, I think if the majority of us wanted it we'd already have it. But I can honestly say that none of my friends, including several police officers and a lot of people who CC like me, think it's a good idea. And pretty much all my friends are conservatives and comfortable around guns. I'd be interested in the outcome of a statewide referendum. My suspicion is it would be strongly against allowing open carry. Moot point though. Cos it's coming anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MiserableOldGit View Post
    I honestly don't care if Texas becomes an OC state or not. Personally, I think if the majority of us wanted it we'd already have it. But I can honestly say that none of my friends, including several police officers and a lot of people who CC like me, think it's a good idea. And pretty much all my friends are conservatives and comfortable around guns. I'd be interested in the outcome of a statewide referendum. My suspicion is it would be strongly against allowing open carry. Moot point though. Cos it's coming anyway.
    Why would any gun owner/ carrier be against OC ? Let me guess. You will be the first one shot, it will scare people, someone could take your gun, The list goes on without any evidence. IMO, a gun owner/ carrier who is afraid of showing the public their holstered sidearm is the same as a Christain being afraid to read the Bible in public. Both are apt to offend some people, but who cares. The Anti-American left offend me every day, not to mention some of the flat out false statements coming from some, so called 2nd Amendment supporters.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links