Gun Control Group Tells Followers to SWAT Open Carriers

This is a discussion on Gun Control Group Tells Followers to SWAT Open Carriers within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I read this yesterday and thought the group might find it interesting. I'm sure it's going to happen in Texas after open carry begins. Some ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Thread: Gun Control Group Tells Followers to SWAT Open Carriers

I read this yesterday and thought the group might find it interesting. I'm sure it's going to happen in Texas after open carry begins. Some sheriff's have been hostile to the idea of open carry, so I'm wondering how the combination of gun control swatters and liberal sheriff's will end up. Not good I suspect.

Gun Control Group Tells Followers To "SWAT" Gun Owners - Bearing Arms - Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, SWATting
    5lima30ret and Deej6519 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. 74-96.

An election is coming. Universal peace is declared, and the foxes have a sincere interest in prolonging the lives of the poultry. ~George Eliot,

Sponsor
    Conspiracy to falsify reports charges?
    The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    Bust a few for false reportings and see where it goes.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon at large.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

There are a couple of links to similar stories at the source. A family in Texas was almost killed when someone SWATTED them and a cop in Oklahoma was killed while responding to what turned out to be a SWATTING.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. 74-96.

An election is coming. Universal peace is declared, and the foxes have a sincere interest in prolonging the lives of the poultry. ~George Eliot,

the saddest part about what is happening to our country is that the threat to our rights and security is coming from our own shortsighted ignorant citizens (with a little political prompting, of course), not from marauders from afar
    how about those "yale" students who were pleased to sign a petition to repeal the 1st Amendment?
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Conspiracy to falsify reports charges?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Bust a few for false reportings and see where it goes.
    that's a good thought, but how far do you think that will really go?
    they've already been prompted by their own government to "if you see something, say something"
    that, coupled with their dramatic fear of guns (which they were also trained to have (the fear, that is, not the guns), once again by their own government, will certainly get them off the hook, assuming they get on the hook in the first place
    Last edited by kukla; December 18th, 2015 at 10:40 AM.

ugh, ya know, it's too bad I care about, ya know being a decent and responsible citizen or maybe the next time I see some doofus spouting at the mouth in public about evil guns I'd be inclined to call in his description as a strong-arm robbery .... see how "they" like it....

this really gets me boiling...
    "If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting - how many times was that?"

"You cannot control the Enemy. You can control yourself. The Victory lies within."

Sponsor
    Fat chance of swatting happening here in Az anyway.
    The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Fat chance of swatting happening here in Az anyway.
    I LOVE ARIZONA!

VIP Member
    The sadness of is, it puts the Sheriff at unnecessary risk. People want to respect Law Enforcement. But they are not going to just take crap off of those who separate themselves from the integrity of, or the prescribed standards of the Badge.
    Rhinoman and Ghost1958 like this.
    "Threat assessment and situational awareness seems to be the order of the day.
    Why wouldn't physical and mental preparedness be any less of a consideration?"- dmitchsr

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"
    >>>>ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<<<<

I really don't understand why these types aren't arrested as soon as they post. It's a false police report and you're taking away resources from people that actually need it!

VIP Member
    I read that article yesterday and it occurred to me while standing in the bank this morning. The line was unusually long and there was one older gentleman two places behind me that was starting to make loud noises about how busy the place was.

Here's the line of thinking that went through my head: what if one of the folks behind me noticed my weapon, and decided to place a 911 call because I was carrying?

The first thing I thought of was the tellers all know me, and I attend church with two of them. Most of them know I carry, but they all know me by name and by my face, and would certainly vouch for my usual banking stance which is polite patience.

The next thing I thought of was the other people in line. Certainly one of them would be able and willing to state that I was doing nothing threatening, perhaps even stating they didn't know I had a gun until the other person started making noise, and collectively would be able to witness to my polite patience even in the face of someone making this call.

In short order I realized that were someone to make a call like that because of me, they would most likely have to explain what threatening action I was displaying that made them think they needed to call 911. I would believe, knowing the local law enforcement as I do (several deputies and the Sheriff also attend church with me) that the caller would end up on the down side of a slippery slope and would at a minimum be sternly admonished for creating alarm when there was no need to do so.

Would that person face charges? That would probably depend on how they acted when questioned by LE.
    airslot likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Someone shared a facebook post last month from a girl who threatened anyone she saw open carrying. She said she would mace them in the face and take their gun away and call the cops.
    Recon1342, CalCarry and Aceoky like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. 74-96.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinoman View Post
    Someone shared a facebook post last month from a girl who threatened anyone she saw open carrying. She said she would mace them in the face and take their gun away and call the cops.

And that is another one that will only try that one time.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

In other words: They either want the state to harass you for exercising your right, or they want the state to kill you for exercising your right.

Another definition of terrorist.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links