I open carried for the first time

This is a discussion on I open carried for the first time within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm generally not an advocate of open carry. My view is if you want to do it, more power to you but its not my ...

Thread: I open carried for the first time

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

I open carried for the first time

I'm generally not an advocate of open carry. My view is if you want to do it, more power to you but its not my thing. Since it was so nice out yesterday I decided to take a walk down the street and get some air. I had a T-shirt on and jeans. I holstered my Glock as normal, but no jacket over it because it was warm. Then I went on a walk down the street and back around. People were in their driveways or yards, a few cars drove by and no one seemed to bat an eye. A couple of teens were playing football in the field down the road. They seemed to be eyeballing me, but generally didn't care. I came home and that was it. surprisingly it wasn't as nerve wreaking as I thought it'd be. I dont have a smart carry or a IWB holster, and it was too warm to wear a jacket so I opted to open carry. I don't know how I'd feel about doing that in a store tho

2. Remove Ads

It gets easier ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    ... I don't know how I'd feel about doing that in a store tho
    Same as for your stroll: it's usually no biggie. That also depends on your locale and if your local agencies frown upon that sort of stuff. I wouldn't that keep me from doing so, this is the US, right?
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Congrats.

I open carry the majority of the time in the hot summer months here in West Tennessee. Same reaction from people in stores and gas stations and such as what you got walking down the street. Either they do not even notice (I would say that most do not notice. Atomic condition white I call it) or they are not at all bothered.

mzmtg is right, it gets easier. Just don't talk about it too much on here, they'll slap your wrist for it.

If you are interested in a forum dedicated to open carry issues, check out OCDO. I'm a member there, same screen name as here.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I envy your state laws allowing open carry off your property. We don't yet have that recognized in FL. But I don't think I'd open-carry around where I live or were likely to run into co-workers. I'd rather people not know that I carry. In some cases, I'd rather they not know I have any guns -- except my trusty .22 squirrel rifle!

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    mzmtg is right, it gets easier. Just don't talk about it too much on here, they'll slap your wrist for it.
    Duly noted

Links