Pistol-packing Pa. soccer mom loses gun permit (Merged)

This is a discussion on Pistol-packing Pa. soccer mom loses gun permit (Merged) within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Arisin Wind Even though it's legal, he still determines if it's right. By all indications, he's about to see what's right ....

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Pistol-packing Pa. soccer mom loses gun permit (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Arisin Wind View Post
    Even though it's legal, he still determines if it's right.
    By all indications, he's about to see what's right.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Arisin Wind View Post
    Some people think because they are in a position of power they can do whatever they want. The sheriff seems to be one of those people. Even though it's legal, he still determines if it's right.
    To many people think that because it's the Sherrif, in a position of power, he can make this decision with out us questioning it. I'm glad this lady got her permit back, and I'm glad she will continue to OC where ever legal. The SO should pay her lost wages and the Sherrif should be the one lectured by the Judge, not the lady.

NC has open carry as well. I will choose to CC, but if it's not illegal then there is no grounds for revoking her license.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

IMO she is poster child for the gun grabbers. I carry concealed in PA. She is a threat to my rights. She is endangering herself too. How many open carry police officers get a gun snatched by a bad guy. I could go on and on about her behavior. I hope she goes to look for support from the gun owning / 2nd amendment communities on the net and reads comments like mine. What does she want to prove? That she is protecting all the sheeple?

Quote Originally Posted by treksouth View Post
    To many people think that because it's the Sherrif, in a position of power, he can make this decision with out us questioning it. I'm glad this lady got her permit back, and I'm glad she will continue to OC where ever legal. The SO should pay her lost wages and the Sherrif should be the one lectured by the Judge, not the lady.
    I totally agree.
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

If you have a CC permit...then conceal the weapon!!! Only open carry when it is ABSOLUTELY necessary. Soccer games don't meet that criteria.
    You'll rock, with a 357 Glock

Quote Originally Posted by Spike32 View Post
    If you have a CC permit...then conceal the weapon!!! Only open carry when it is ABSOLUTELY necessary. Soccer games don't meet that criteria.
    When is it "ABSOLUTELY" necessary to open carry? What is the criteria for open carry when you have a CC permit?
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

Quote Originally Posted by bmahle68 View Post
    IMO she is poster child for the gun grabbers. I carry concealed in PA. She is a threat to my rights. She is endangering herself too. How many open carry police officers get a gun snatched by a bad guy. I could go on and on about her behavior. I hope she goes to look for support from the gun owning / 2nd amendment communities on the net and reads comments like mine. What does she want to prove? That she is protecting all the sheeple?
    Well, please do go on. Her "behavior" is not in question. What she was doing is 100% legal in PA and the sheriff should have known that.

I stand behind her 100%. Oh, and by the way.....I am also a police officer in PA and one of my many duties is being a firearms instructor. Every one of my officers knows that OC is legal in PA. The fact that you don't like it doesn't matter.

I don't think women should go outside with curlers in their hair. I don't think fat people should wear spandex.

I applauded her for standing up for herself. The sheriff is a bozo....who has no idea what he is doing.

What does she want to prove?
    That she does not live life by another's leave; that she is not subject to the random predilections of others. I am surprised this is so difficult for some to understand.

I believe she was proving nothing by her normal, upstanding actions that day watching over her child's safety in the park. But she's surely proving her right to be treated properly now, in court. That's the law-abiding way to put nosy officiousness in its place. More power to her.

She's a law-abiding, upstanding citizen seeking merely to live a safe and productive life. She should NOT be subject to the whims and dereliction of duty of some officious and pompous authority figure who deems he'll put her in her place. Her place, frankly, is ABOVE that of all officialdom as a rightful citizen of this country, when she's doing nothing to harm others and simply going about her business and her life.

What is truly sad is that anyone needs to prove this. Yet it happens on a daily basis, around the country. That, my friend, is sad.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

FOXNews.com - Pistol-Packing Pennsylvania Soccer Mom Sues Sheriff - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Update: Pistol-Packing Pennsylvania Soccer Mom Sues Sheriff

HARRISBURG, Pa. A Pennsylvania woman Monday sued a county sheriff who revoked her concealed-weapons permit after she upset fellow parents by wearing her holstered pistol to her 5-year-old daughter's soccer game.

Meleanie Hain alleges in a suit filed in a Harrisburg federal court that Lebanon County Sheriff Michael DeLeo violated her Second Amendment rights and prosecuted her maliciously when he took away her permit in September.

Hain, 30, successfully appealed the revocation last month, although the judge who restored her permit questioned her judgment and said she "scared the devil" out of others who attended the Sept. 11 soccer game.

Hain said Monday her home-based baby-sitting service has suffered, her children have been harassed, and she has been ostracized by her neighbors because of DeLeo's actions. In one instance, she said, a neighbor who saw Hain in a local store had the manager ask her to leave because she was carrying her handgun.

"I fought for my right, and now I'm still being punished," she said.

DeLeo's office referred questions to the county's attorney, George Christianson, who did not immediately return a telephone call seeking comment.

DeLeo said at Hain's Oct. 14 appeal hearing he pulled her license after fielding the parents' complaints. He said he based his decision on a section of state law that prohibits concealed-weapons permits from being given to people whose character and reputation make them a danger to public safety.

Hain has said she previously carried her handgun openly to soccer games and practices and other public places without any problem. Her attorney, Matthew Weisberg, said DeLeo had no legal right to take away her permit.

"The sheriff just rides into town and without any hearing, explanation or anything, takes away her license and forces her into court," Weisberg said.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Spike32 View Post
    some people only conceal when absolutely necessary. they get their LTCF for those occasions.

Please provide evidence, specifically:

- How many weapons are taken from LEOs by BGs
    - How many weapons are taken from OCers by BGs

What about her behavior do you object to? Was she being an example of a responsible gun owner? (unlike those that are seen on TV). Did she have a negative attitude or threatening demeanor? Who is to say she was proving anything?

Why do people fear an inanimate object?

Considering OC is legal in PA (and quite a few other states), I doubt she is the threat to *your* rights.

OC is legal in VA--yet to see any anti-gun legislation to "take away all my guns"...

I recommend you read more about OC...because she has not done anything wrong.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

The sheriff said he pulled her LTCF under a provision of the law which says he may do so when somebody's "character and reputation" make them a danger to others. I don't know about the rest of you but "character and reputation" seem awfully broad and would, at best, be very difficult to ascertain.

The sheriff had no legal right to revoke her permit or she never would have gotten it back. You have to disregard your opinions about her judgment and see if she followed the letter of the law, which she apparently did. The officials at the game have no legal standing to ban any legal activity period.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Wake up people. Sometimes we have to refuse to sit in the back of the bus. If we are afraid to exercise our right havn't we in effect lost them with out force?
    Should we hide under our beds hoping that we will go unnoticed?
    The lady commited no crime! Maybe she was exercising her free speach rights in making a point in public? We dont know her reason for what she did.
    I can't believe that folks on this forum are not behind her. You are allowing them to cull the herd. Same as the wolves do when going after a calf. Just picking off the weak ones first.
    We have to stick together when we are in the right. Remember she was fully within her rights.

Michael

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Links