Pistol-packing Pa. soccer mom loses gun permit (Merged) - Page 5

Pistol-packing Pa. soccer mom loses gun permit (Merged)

This is a discussion on Pistol-packing Pa. soccer mom loses gun permit (Merged) within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Strategy and Legal rights are 2 different things. All because she Chose to Open Carry does nt mean she has any less right under PA ...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol-packing Pa. soccer mom loses gun permit (Merged)

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Strategy and Legal rights are 2 different things. All because she Chose to Open Carry does nt mean she has any less right under PA law. She had a License to carry a firearm her Method and strategy should not be infringed on. What are we bashing Half of the 2nd Am rights because her ways don t align with Mine. There May be a reason maybe not. Whatever happens I think the Sheriff was in the Wrong!
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

+1

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    allow me to correct you. in PA, you are allowed to carry a gun on public property, including city and county parks, openly or concealed. as the soccer field was located on city property, the soccer officials had no right to eject her from the park. they gain no temporary tenant rights while using city property. the can ask her to stand on the sidelines, but not to leave the property. the soccer officials and county sheriff are completely in the wrong. also, she had OCed at other soccer games; this was the first time she was approached about it. she broke no laws whatsoever; this is a simple case of some simpletons being offended, and using their political connections to harrass someone they don't like.

I hope she sues the pants off of the sheriff and the other idiots involved.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

It could and is argued by the anti-gun folks

Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    She had issues that were not appropiate for the place in question and now has bigger issues. People, we have to use our heads.
    That any place you carry is "not appropriate". She had a legal right to carry at the game in the manner in which she choose. The strong arm tactics of the Sheriff and X-Judge are out of line. I don't OC myself but she broke no law. Making the other moms feel good is not her job.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

some people here have noted that since she did have a LTCF, she should have concealed. i'm not going to argue that point; we all have our own opinions. i did want to point out that some people in PA have their LTCF, only because one is necessary to drive while armed; driving while armed in considered concealed carry. also, in Philadelphia, one must have a LTCF to carry a gun, openly or concealed. whether her judgement was off is besides the point. would i OC at my kid's soccer game? i doubt it, but that's what someone wants to do, legally, the government hasn't the right to enforce it's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HKtexas View Post
    it appears that no training or remedial safety course is needed to open carry in PA only the fact that you own a gun, thats disturbing as well.
    It's called a right. It's protected by the U.S. Constitution. That document says " shall not be infringed". The Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania says "shall not be questioned".

What's disturbing is your acceptance of infringement and questions.

JD
    Administrator
    it appears that no training or remedial safety course is needed to open carry in PA only the fact that you own a gun, thats disturbing as well.

Ummm, hate to burst your bubble, but there's no training requirement for a PA license to carry firearms either...

Open Carry training?

Also it appears that no training or remedial safety course is needed to open carry in PA only the fact that you own a gun, thats disturbing as well.
    Not sure why you find that disturbing...
    It is the same in most states that do not prohibit Open Carry...
    Just as there is no training requirement to own a rifle, or shotgun, or even a pistol.

Besides, last time I checked, there was no training requirement to practicing freedom of speech, religion, the press or assembly.

I hope she comes out alright. If what she did was legal, then I don't see a problem with her open carrying regardless of where she was. Who cares if she bugged some people out.
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    some people here have noted that since she did have a LTCF, she should have concealed. i'm not going to argue that point; we all have our own opinions. i did want to point out that some people in PA have their LTCF, only because one is necessary to drive while armed; driving while armed in considered concealed carry. also, in Philadelphia, one must have a LTCF to carry a gun, openly or concealed. whether her judgement was off is besides the point. would i OC at my kid's soccer game? i doubt it, but that's what someone wants to do, legally, the government hasn't the right to enforce it's opinion.
    She's a heavy set woman and she was carrying OWB. It has to still be pretty warm over there, so wearing a cover garment is tough. Just playing devil's advocate here.
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

Sounds like we have regressed 270 years

Quote Originally Posted by DeathByCactus View Post
    Between parents who fight over their kids soccer games, it is just a bad call to bring a gun to a kids game. Who is seriously going to shoot up a bunch of kids? If someone would (which is possible) then see my above statement.

I wouldn't bring a gun on grounds of my kids baseball game, I would keep it in my car... or carry a 2 shot in my boot.

That is just me though, I am one of those people who highly doubt I will run into a situation where a mad man shoots up a youth league, however if it would happen, my child and my own come first the police can deal with the others.
    Wow, its seems that we are forgetting that she did nothing wrong. The fact that many here don't agree with OC should not be a factor in determining if it was prudent or not. It is her right to bear arms as she sees fit and she chose OC. I am disappointed in some of you guys in not TOTALLY supporting her right to carry.

Who is going to shoot up kids?! Hell 20 years ago who ever heard of school shootings? If we were to use this reasoning then only those of us who had ever been part of a crime event should be allowed to carry.

I'm not trying to flame anyone but she should have all of our support and all PA residents should be flooding the Sheriff's office with letters supporting this soccer Mom!!
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.- George Washington
    Serving Since 1985- "Airborne"

Unloved you nailed it!! And with a whole lot fewer words than mine.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.- George Washington
    Serving Since 1985- "Airborne"

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post
    It's called a right. It's protected by the U.S. Constitution. That document says " shall not be infringed". The Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania says "shall not be questioned".

What's disturbing is your acceptance of infringement and questions.
    here here I am voting with you!
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Hmm.. Apparently the the state in which the 2nd story happened they have a stricter gun law on school property the washington state.. In washington you can conceal a gun even in the building as long as you are picking up a student.. If you are doing business on school property you can lock the gun in your car and that is perfectly legal..
    ~XD-45 Compact~
    You might be weak but God is Strong!

She got her permit back... and a lecture from the judge that even though what she did was "legal" it wasn't "right"... and was "bad manners"...

yuck

Soccer mom gets concealed-weapon permit back - Midstate PA Local News, Weather, Sports & Entertainment - PennLive.com
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

VIP Member
    Right decision made by a stupid judge! The person getting the lecture should have been the sheriff who overstepped his authority, not the law abiding citizen who exercised their constitutional rights.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links