Pistol-packing Pa. soccer mom loses gun permit (Merged)

This is a discussion on Pistol-packing Pa. soccer mom loses gun permit (Merged) within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by unloved I'm not trying to shoot you up brother. Just trying to point out that we can make good things happen if ...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Pistol-packing Pa. soccer mom loses gun permit (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post
    I'm not trying to shoot you up brother. Just trying to point out that we can make good things happen if we stick together. The antis have been making great use of the divide and conquer strategy for about 30 years now.You should check out Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association. That's the Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association. We've got 10,000+ members and we're starting to make things happen. Also take a look at Firearms Owners Against Crime. That's Firearm Owners Against Crime. Kim Stolfer is an amazing activist. He works with legislators to write pro RKBA legislation.
    I'm a member on pafoa: JD328i. Didn't use my real name there. Thanks for the other forum. I'll check it out.

2. Remove Ads

Some of Y'all Are Confused

The woman didn't show "poor judgement" and she doesn't "have other issues". She was exercising her rights in a legally-sanctioned manner! If you prefer to carry concealed at all times, bully for you - that's your choice to make. But your patronizing attitude toward people who open carry is nothing more than stroking your own ego. A right surrendered is a right lost. And make no mistake, fellas - if "pro sheeple" bureaucrats can disarm people that lawfully open carry, they will find a means to screw with you too! It's just an issue of mind over matter; they don't mind and you don't matter.....................

^^ Exactly.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryDonlan View Post
    The way I view this is that she used poor judgement regardless of what the law states. She had a license to conceal and common courtesy says she should have done it if it upset other people. She could have still protected herself and not wasted a bunch of time for the sheriff, her lawyer, etc. We can sit here and say all we want that the law states this and the law states that. Think about how laws get changed. Enough people get excited about something and the area lawmakers pander to the excitement and the next thing you know you've got a Kalifornia, New York and name a few other places type of laws regarding carrying. You can dis me all you want, but I like my right to carry concealed or otherwise and if I have to make some minor changes to the way I carry and not rock the boat, I will. I think she did a great disservice to the carrying community.
    Sorry to pile on Jerry, but let me ask you something. I don't see anywhere in the 2nd amendment where it says I can only exercise my right in secret. That's not what the founding fathers had in mind when they wrote it. They felt that being armed was a moral imperative as a patriot and a free man. If you have to carry in secret, to avoid harassment by society and its police force, do you really have the right that is described in the 2nd amendment at all? Do you really support that right if you see it as keep and bear arms only if you don't offend the people it was intended to protect us from?

Quote Originally Posted by dldeuce View Post
    Sorry to pile on Jerry, but let me ask you something. I don't see anywhere in the 2nd amendment where it says I can only exercise my right in secret. That's not what the founding fathers had in mind when they wrote it. They felt that being armed was a moral imperative as a patriot and a free man. If you have to carry in secret, to avoid harassment by society and its police force, do you really have the right that is described in the 2nd amendment at all? Do you really support that right if you see it as keep and bear arms only if you don't offend the people it was intended to protect us from?
    No and No.

It's not piling on. I some more education. I'm man enough to admit I erred in my statements. Thanks for the input.

No and No.

It's not piling on. I some more education. I'm man enough to admit I erred in my statements. Thanks for the input.
    Jerry - A mind once stretched by a new idea will never regain it's original dimension. I applauded your humility and willingness to accept or at least consider new data. This society (not forum) needs more of this.
    Last edited by JD; October 16th, 2008 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Edited name for clarity...
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

me
    She had a license to conceal and common courtesy says she should have done it if it upset other people.
    Just an added reminder and it is not just directed to you Jerry but this has been annoying me everywhere i read about this case. Mine says LICENSE TO CARRY FIREARMS nothing about conceal. Maybe she got her LTCF so she can Open Carry in Philly since you need one to do that.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Ok folks. I have been converted, so don't shoot me again. However, the controversy is not over. I've never seen anyone carrying at a soccer game. However, most of the ones my children played in were on school property and guns are forbidden in PA. Hopefully, good things will come from this for us who carry.
    Soccer parents wince at prospect of guns at games - Midstate PA Local News, Weather, Sports & Entertainment - PennLive.com

The second amendment should be our carry license for anyone that is not a felon.

I don't open carry unless I'm riding ATVs or at the range, but if someone wants to do it and they legally can, more power to them.

People being harassed for FOLLOWING the law is anti constitutional. Simple as that. The sheriff should be fired and a new one elected. He is a Law Enforcement Officer, not a His Personal Opinion Officer.
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

Keep us posted as to the results of this ordeal.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

If an estranged husband shows up with a gun and starts shooting mother and or kids, wincing is all these sheep will be able to do.

my favorite quote from that article:

Gregg-Bolognese said some clubs have approached her about hiring security guards. Some fathers have threatened to take a gun away from anyone who arrives at a game with one, an idea she tries to squelch. Referees have asked if they should carry guns.
    yes, because physically assaulting someone legally armed is always a good idea....

Some fathers have threatened to take a gun away from anyone who arrives at a game with one ...
    Any person who attempted that would be a felon, and the resisting of an attack by any felon in the act would be justified.

Referees have asked if they should carry guns.
    Absolutely, in my opinion. (Securely, of course.) But then, so should every other freedom-loving adult who desires to resist felonious actions that may arise in our lives. It's the entire point.

Take the number of sporting events you've ever attended. Many of us have probably witnessed a person go sideways, bring out a weapon, strike (or even badly beat/harm) another person. Yes, if weapons were brought by every upstanding person, there would be more weapons there. But that's exactly the point of the exercise: to make it absolutely impossible for a felon to gain the upper hand against upstanding citizens ... here, there, everywhere. Yes, situations would likely be shut down via firearms, then. But, they would be shut down, instead of leaving everyone with nothing to do but weep about their hollow inability to do a damned thing about it. And, at a place where our defenseless children are gathered? It's at just such places where we have the most reason to ensure things are safely protected.

In short: this woman sees clearly, thinks simply and acts accordingly. She is not a threat. Not by any standard.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I sent $100 for the PFOA's defense fund to help her and the guy who was illegally busted near an Obama campaign stop.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    allow me to correct you. in PA, you are allowed to carry a gun on public property, including city and county parks, openly or concealed. as the soccer field was located on city property, the soccer officials had no right to eject her from the park. they gain no temporary tenant rights while using city property. the can ask her to stand on the sidelines, but not to leave the property. the soccer officials and county sheriff are completely in the wrong. also, she had OCed at other soccer games; this was the first time she was approached about it. she broke no laws whatsoever; this is a simple case of some simpletons being offended, and using their political connections to harrass someone they don't like.
    It was the sheriff using his personal opinion above the law in this case. OC is legal in PA. You may or may not agree with it, but its the law, you have the choice to either CC with a permit, or OC without a permit. Revoking her permit for not breaking a law is not right, nor is it legal in a "Shall issue" state. If anyone broke the law it was the local authorities. Revoking her permit only forced her to OC since you need a permit to CC in PA.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Links