So who OC's?

So who OC's?

This is a discussion on So who OC's? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now that we have a OC section, just a show of hand who OC's and how much? Personally, I don't make it a point to ...

View Poll Results: How much do you OC?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

7 3.10%
  • All of the time (except a few places)

8 3.54%
  • Most of the time 80% or more

7 3.10%
  • Sometimes 50/50

18 7.96%
  • Once in a while <20%

81 35.84%
  • Only when the law requires

17 7.52%
  • Never

88 38.94%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So who OC's?

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

So who OC's?

Now that we have a OC section, just a show of hand who OC's and how much?

Personally, I don't make it a point to OC, but if the weather or event permits it, I will. I'm about 50/50.

i keep my piece out of sight. But if im romping through the backwoods, or anything of that nature i OC
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

VIP Member
    I live in CT You can't. There is no law saying You can't but they will get You for disturbing the peace or something like that. I would like to try it some time in another State.

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    I live in CT You can't. There is no law saying You can't but they will get You for disturbing the peace or something like that. I would like to try it some time in another State.
    Interesting. I think it's one of those states where it's legal, but it's not encouraged because its a may issue state. Link

I went with once in a while, but it's only when I'm hunting. Otherwise, I carry concealed.

I have no beef with those that OC; I simply choose not to.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Lead Moderator
    Typically only when hunting or camping.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    It depends where I'm going on a given day. Usually I prefer to carry concealed in crowded places like movie theaters and shopping malls. However now that the weather is much colder now, I carry concealed when I'm out and about in public. I like having the option of open carry, and have done so during the warmer months.

I guess it just boils down to where I'm going and who I'm with.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

I've been trying to work up the nerve to OC while I'm waiting for my CCW permit to be issued. I probably won't get the call and letter until mid-December and I refuse to go unarmed while waiting for it.

Problem is I've never seen anyone OC'ing while I've lived here in WV, so I'd rather not be the "test dummy".

Ya WV is one of those states that I don't feel like testing the waters in. Don't know why, just something about it.

Only out in the woods, or on the way too or from the woods. Sometimes to/from the range.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I live in FL...visit IN and MI...NEVER!

Stay armed......stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

All the time.

I open carry I would estimate 85% to 95% of the time in the Spring, Summer and Fall. In winter, I dress warm as I am cold natured. I do not open carry to prove a point or anything. It is just so much easier and more comfortable to OC when it is warm or hot.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    I OC whenever I'm home or working outdoors, or when headed to a buddies house (at least, the ones that know and are cool with it). I actually can't OC when camping because LA prohibits me from being armed at all in state parks/national forests/WMA's. If I want to be armed when I camp, I have to go to TX, and then standard CC laws apply, so no OC for me over there either.

Usually, if I'm going into a store, I'll pull my shirt out and then tuck it back when I leave. Not because I have to - just because I prefer to keep a low profile in crowds.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Same here, at home, in the yard and at the range.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links