Funny comment from the UPS guy

Funny comment from the UPS guy

This is a discussion on Funny comment from the UPS guy within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; UPS delivered to my house last week before I went to work. My Mom sent my daughter a birthday present (more clothes like she needs ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Funny comment from the UPS guy

UPS delivered to my house last week before I went to work. My Mom sent my daughter a birthday present (more clothes like she needs more clothes). I was OCing around the house as I always do and after seeing who it was through the window, I opened the door, he handed me the package, I signed and he said "Nice Glock." I said thanks and then asked him if I startled him by answering the door armed. (still holstered, right hip).

He said, and I quote "Dude, I deliver to places I am sure are crack houses. Your house doesn't look like a crack house, so I figure you're one of the good guys."

I thought that was pretty cool and it got me thinking, I bet UPS drivers and FedEx drivers do have to deliver to some pretty shady areas and some really bad houses. Just like pizza delivery drivers, that is a job I don't know I would want as I am sure they are not allowed to carry.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Sweet. I've always wondered what my UPS guy thinks when he's bringing me large, heavy boxes that are marked "small arms ammunition" all over them. Haha. Glad to hear that you had a good experience!
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I can't even imagine some of the places they probably have to deliver...

-Jeff-

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wht06rado View Post
    I've always wondered what my UPS guy thinks when he's bringing me large, heavy boxes that are marked "small arms ammunition" all over them.
    Yours have markings. My ammo delivery boxes have ORM-D stickers, but absolutely nothing else to indicate the contents.

"Other Regulated Materials-Domestic" includes several things like aerosol paint, beer, and of course ammunition.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    You can ship illegal drugs via UPS and FedEx, but you can't buy a firearm the same way. Something just ain't right here.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I don't know if he was saying he has delivered drugs....but I'm sure that is possible. I just took it to mean he had made deliveries to drug houses....of what....who knows?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

They are probably a low risk when making deliveries. 1 - the person there wants the package, 2 - they typically do not have money on them, at least in large quantities.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I've met the UPS and Fedex delivery drivers in my front yard while open carrying. They haven't batted an eye yet.

They are in such a hurry they may not have noticed.
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

Well, you do know the UPS guys are actually under the division of homeland security don't you? They have to report incidents like this when they get back to the terminal. Don't be surprised one day if you see a whole fleet of UPS vans coming down the road toward your house. Oh......they won't be marked with UPS on the side....matter of fact, they won't be marked at all. I'm just saying......be ready!

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    My oldest son works for a medical company - one where he delivers and sets up in-house hospital beds, oxygen tanks, delivers meds etc...

He has been there for several years now.

He has been in some of the most wealthiest people's homes AND some homes you'd swear were abandoned.

If he were an undercover narc posing as an employee - he'd have several busts under his hat.

Not to say all the poorer homes are crack houses - many just honest people in a bad situation - but - several do have a smell of "weed" and other things to be suspicious about going on.

I am concerned about some of the neighborhoods he goes in - that someone might try to hit him for the meds he carries - but so far no problems.
    For God, Family and Country!

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    They are probably a low risk when making deliveries. 1 - the person there wants the package, 2 - they typically do not have money on them, at least in large quantities.
    3 - Lots of criminals are probably smart enough to refrain from committing crimes on their own front porches.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    cool

I was involved in an interception of a pound of crystal meth that was sent from CA to VA via FedEx several years ago. Criminals can and do use common carriers to send drugs, weapons, money, etc. to each other.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

something else you can legally send via Fedex: small amounts of radioactive materials. You just have to make sure that the receiving party is allowed to receive them.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

when you think about the sheer volume that these companies move worth of product on a daily basis it'd be virtually impossible to prevent it from happening, its the same as huge drug shipments coming into our nations port via cargo and freight ships.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links