Big OC push in Texas: MERGED - Page 2

Big OC push in Texas: MERGED

This is a discussion on Big OC push in Texas: MERGED within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm for passage of an open carry bill but won't be doing it. I like it better when nobody has to know....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big OC push in Texas: MERGED

I'm for passage of an open carry bill but won't be doing it. I like it better when nobody has to know.

I agree on the fact that I don't plan to OC and know of no reason I would want to or need to, but I do like knowing that if I were printing or my shirt rode up I would be ok out in public. I have already signed in and hope every other Texan does too.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

I'd just like to have a choice. I guess it's that part: "... shall not be infringed."
    Randy
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Wild West State?

Anyone know what he meant when he wrote "wild west state like Texas?"

This from someone in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia!

I wish there was a little bit more of the "Wild West" alive today. Back
    then people were responsible for their own actions. Crime was
    punished quickly. Guns were tools, not evil objects with minds of their
    own.

I say bring back the old west!

The Second Amendment is NOT about hunting!

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I myself usually CC, but support OC as well; too bad it's illegal in some states. If OC were common here, say at least 10% of the public OCing, I would gladly join in. (Yes, I know, if every would-be OCer thinks like me, it'll never be common.)

Good luck, Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by OM44 View Post
    Anyone know what he meant when he wrote "wild west state like Texas?"

This from someone in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia!!
    Caught me!!

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. The push is very big and gaining momentum every day.

You couldn't even carry concealed in Texas until after Ann Richards was no longer Governor. I think the Governor that signed the CCW law was George Bush if I remember correctly. And that was only, 8 or 10 years ago.

CCW in Texas is a fairly recent thing.
    this lady had a lot to do with getting chl passed in Texas,
    Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp.
    Bush signed the law because this lady and the people of Texas said we want it signed.
    the govenor we have now is very pro-gun.

YouTube - Mass Murders
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Thumbs up

Good luck.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

M2
    Don't hold your breath, the sheep (and we still have a lot of them in Texas) get too excited at the sight of a firearm to allow OC. Plus, internet petitions are useless.

I prefer concealed carry anyway, no reason to let the BG know you are armed in advance. The best thing about CC is that the BG never knows who is armed...

If anything, we need the restrictions on CC (schools, sports arenas, etc) lifted.

Cheers! M2

I would like to see it but I am not holding my breath. Gov. Perry feels all of us with licenses should be able to carry anywhere in the state, but I think he prefers we keep them out of sight. I would still probably CC most of the time, but it would be nice to have a choice.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Don't hold your breath, the sheep (and we still have a lot of them in Texas) get too excited at the sight of a firearm to allow OC. Plus, internet petitions are useless.

I prefer concealed carry anyway, no reason to let the BG know you are armed in advance. The best thing about CC is that the BG never knows who is armed...

If anything, we need the restrictions on CC (schools, sports arenas, etc) lifted.

Cheers! M2
    i wont open carry either,but that's not what its all about. open carry is a win for our side.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar

Gun Group Targets Texas for Open-Carry Law

Gun Group Targets Texas for Open-Carry Law

FORT WORTH, Texas -- Saying Texas firearm laws are overly restrictive, a group of gun advocates is lobbying state lawmakers to permit wearing handguns in plain view.

With the legislative session scheduled to begin in January, supporters of "open-carry laws" have placed ads on billboards in Houston and San Antonio and on taxis in Austin.

The Texas campaign is expected to intensify Tuesday with a radio message in Fort Worth, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and Austin. The ad says, "We don't hide our colors, do we?" and encourages Texans to sign an online petition asking lawmakers to make Texas a place where people can openly wear their guns. More than 28,000 people have signed it so far.

"We are targeting Texas," said Mike Stollenwerk, co-founder of OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost!, in a story Sunday in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "Get ready for a showdown in Austin come January."

Stollenwerk said Texas is one of the nation's most pro-gun states and promised an "awakening" when "Texans realize how restrictive their rights are."

Texas is one of six states -- along with New York, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Florida and South Carolina -- in which handguns can't be worn in plain view. The other 44 states, in the parlance of gun advocates, are known as "open-carry" states.

Ralph Carroll, 48, said he views an open-carry law as another way for him to protect his three children. He said fears about increased gun violence after the passage of Texas' concealed-carry law haven't happened.

"I just simply want to ensure I have self-protection if the need arises," said Carroll, who lives in Van Zandt County. "The same reason I wear my seat belt, carry a spare tire and have a working fire extinguisher."
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

I'm all for OC in our fair state!!!

Sign me up - where do I sign if for the petition? PM the info, I don't always get to check this forum.
    Trying to leave as large a carbon footprint as possible.
    Shivering in the "heat"
    Innocent as doves, wise as serpents, armed like wolves.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    i wont open carry either,but that's not what its all about. open carry is a win for our side.
    Very true.Even if you never OC,it would be a victory.It would also be nice to have the choice of CC or OC.

i hope you Texans get to OC soon. it just doesn't seem right, not being able to in TX.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links