For CCers: if CC option were removed, would you OC?

This is a discussion on For CCers: if CC option were removed, would you OC? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If CC was deemed illegal on a federal level then I would enjoy the laws and rights here in Vermont and OC handguns and possibly ...

View Poll Results: For the CCer: if OC were the only legal choice, would youOC?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Being armed is preferable to being unarmed.

172 87.31%
  • No. OC is absolutely not for me.

10 5.08%
  • Other. I will specify via post (nothing illegal, of course).

15 7.61%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For CCers: if CC option were removed, would you OC?

If CC was deemed illegal on a federal level then I would enjoy the laws and rights here in Vermont and OC handguns and possibly a shotgun or a rifle every now and then.

I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

2. Remove Ads

YES

I would OC for sure. Problem is, although Oregon is an "OPEN CARRY" state, the major cities, Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, etc have banned OPEN CARRY.

So if Obama makes CC illegal, many of us are going to be in a pickle.

Then what??
    Pro-Peace & Pro Piece

I said Other. I carry when working in the woods, and I don't think OC would go over very well. Right now it's sort of a don't ask - don't tell policy. I probably would quit - my work takes me into some really "Deliverance" type of places and I refuse to do it unarmed.
    A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable
    to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Author unknown

I voted "other" as well. I am sure I would not carry as regularly and religiously as I do now as a concealed carrier. Whether I would carry or not would depend on the circumstances of where I was going and with whom.

Yes
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

I would not be surprised to see this offered by Obama, Biden, Pelosi & Assoc. as a concession to citizen carry at a national level.
    If you have a gun and are legal then it must be on body and open for everyone and anyone to see....and brow beat you to death.
    I was contemplating this on Saturday while out doing errands.

Yes, if such a mandate/law came to pass then I would and only then open carry.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I live in a state where open carry is technically legal according to state statute. However, virtually every jurisdiction in the State covers their bases with other ordinances/laws so as to "discourage" open carry by the people at large. (you know... the "must not frighten the sheep" laws and such)

It is also my personal belief that concealed carry is the best mode of carry for law abiding citizens and therefore I carry concealed exclusively.

I waited a very long time for Missouri to become a shall issue State, and now having the ability to legally carry a weapon, it would be very hard to go back to being unarmed on a daily basis.

So with that said, if the laws were to "hypothetically" change to allow only open carry or not at all, I would probably reluctantly open carry at that point. However, if I were to be hassled everyday or everywhere I went, I would then probably go back to not carrying. I do have other means of defense besides the gun.

Also note that I say "probably" a lot. I really don't know how far I would put up with the hassles to exercise my right. I may go "all in" and put up with the weird looks and hassles.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    i OC now, when i can, so OCing fulltime would bother no one but my wife.
    +1, except, bother no one but my soon to be ex wife.

I picked other because I would likely not carry all of the time. I open carried some of the time before Virginia became a "shall issue state" and under some instances in the rural environment where I reside, I still open carry, even though I now have a permit.

Yes, I would OC where legal to do so.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Having something, no matter where its at, is better than having nothing at all.

My thoughts are that enough people would be OCing, that the fear of the Sheep would be diminished. Hopefully...
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Nothing would change for me.........
    Evil triumphs when good men do nothing! Edmond Burke
    Where the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Where the government fears the people, there is liberty! Benjamin Franklin

THIS IS THE PRIMARY REASON WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT!!!

Yes,

But I would imagine there would be many situations I would have to give up the OC that I would CC.

yes, i would o.c., i will always be armed one way or another.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.Ē
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by pcon View Post
    Having something, no matter where its at, is better than having nothing at all.

My thoughts are that enough people would be OCing, that the fear of the Sheep would be diminished. Hopefully...
    My thoughts exactly. I would hope that in those circumstances, the site of enough guns out in the open would eventually settle in. There would be a "break-in" period for the sheeple. I wouldn't hesitate to OC and have done it a few times. However, with my LCP nobody even notices. A bigger gun would likely draw more attention. I'm prepared to defend my rights though. At least, if CC is illegal, then I could get as big of a gun as I wanted and not have to worry about how well it carries IWB! If I can't OC or CC, then this isn't America anymore and we move somewhere else...I hear New Zealand is nice, wonder what their gunlaws are....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links