open carry while camping? (FL)

This is a discussion on open carry while camping? (FL) within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What are the laws for open carry while camping? is it allowed? is it sort of limited to a 'pistol' or is it anything? how ...

Thread: open carry while camping? (FL)

open carry while camping? (FL)

What are the laws for open carry while camping? is it allowed? is it sort of limited to a 'pistol' or is it anything?

how about during night? (lets say you want to hike around at night, can you bring ur rifle?)

and is it only during hunting season or what?

We wanna go camping tomorrow or next week with couple buddies, so I wanted to make sure. dont' wanna get in trouble.

This would be in corbett.

2. Remove Ads

No open carry while camping...or any other time in FL.
    You are free do so in your home/yard (I wouldn't push it.) or business.

Stay armed...think FL = no oc...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

actually, you're wrong. I just looked. but it says handguns, nothing about rifle.

(from FWC's website)

Q: Can I carry a concealed firearm, if I have the proper permit, on wildlife management areas? What about during non-hunting periods or during archery and muzzleloading gun seasons?

A: If you hold a valid concealed weapons permit, you may carry a handgun (as long as it remains concealed), during any time of the year on all wildlife management areas except for Camp Blanding, Eglin, Tyndall Air Force Base, Avon Park, Big Cypress, St. Marks, St. Vincent Island, Lower Suwannee, Lake Woodruff, Merritt Island, and A.R.M. Loxahatchee.

But, during hunting periods when modern firearms are allowed, anyone may carry a handgun (as long as it is not concealed) on ANY wildlife management area (including the 11 listed above).

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    actually, you're wrong. I just looked. but it says handguns, nothing about rifle.

(from FWC's website)

The question was about camping not hunting...if hunting season, you better have your license with you.
    If you are hunting with a license, you better not be walking around at night with your rifle and a flashlight.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    The Florida statutes specifically says that "the provisions of Statute 790 do not apply and is not a violation of law for a person to possess and use a firearm or ammunition for lawful purposes while hunting, camping, or while returning from hunting or camping"

So, you may openly carry a sidearm while hunting or camping even without a license or permit. If you have a rifle or shotgun you would need the appropriate hunting license while on a hunting trip.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    The Florida statutes specifically says that "the provisions of Statute 790 do not apply and is not a violation of law for a person to possess and use a firearm or ammunition for lawful purposes while hunting, camping, or while returning from hunting or camping"

So, you may openly carry a sidearm while hunting or camping even without a license or permit. If you have a rifle or shotgun you would need the appropriate hunting license while on a hunting trip.
    got it. I do have the licenses.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

The question was about camping not hunting...if hunting season, you better have your license with you.
    If you are hunting with a license, you better not be walking around at night with your rifle and a flashlight.
    huh? I didn't say a word about hunting...

Links