Defensive Carry banner

A question I should have asked...

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Anubis 
#1 ·
... at Saturday CWP class. In a non OC state but where CC is legal can one OC while on their property? Like I have 25 acres and the house is at least 150 feet from the road.

I was just wondering.

#4 ·
Within reason is the important part...around the outside of the house...but I wouldn't walk up to the street for all to see. Still on your property, but why ask for people to call a 'man with a gun'...:confused:

On 25 acres, I wouldn't worry much...but know your individual state laws...thoroughly.

Stay armed...stay within the law and common sense...stay safe!

#9 ·
In Florida Open carry is illegal.

If I am on my property and cannot be seen from the road, or other places, I don't understand how I can be restricted in what I am doing.
If I want to go nude, I can, even though it is illegal in public.

If OC was illegal in my house, I would be breaking the law every time I get dressed or change clothes; going one step further, if I unholster my gun before I remove my vest, (in order to avoid being OC) then I would be brandishing ???

We open carry in and around the house; a deputy came a while ago to inquire about a car parked by our property; didn't even blink an eye, had a cup of coffee and assured us he would take care of getting the car towed.
Not that it means anything legally, but I believe the officer would have made a comment, just to be helpful.

#10 ·
I forgot to add that we are indeed allowed to shoot the guns on our property because we are outside the city limits and often walk to the shooting spot with the guns in hand not concealed.

Of course around here seeing guns in the open is the norm due to the hunting that goes on right across the street from our place.

Good question for the folks in town though.

#13 ·
While I think the answer is usually yes, I seem to recall that in CT you can not open carry outside your home even on your own property; could be wrong, it was 2 years or so ago that I thought about getting a CT permit and was then surprised to read something of the sort.

As part of my plan was to open carry on my own rural property, and getting the cc was so I could get from the airport to my property, I decided against bothering to get the non-residence permit.

Someone could well inform here that I am wrong, and misunderstood. There was another issue too which caused me to not go through with getting the non-residence permit. They have complex rules against transferring weapons and I had intended to make the gun available to my nephew when I was not in CT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.