How much/how long do you keep your CC exposed in public? - Page 4

How much/how long do you keep your CC exposed in public?

This is a discussion on How much/how long do you keep your CC exposed in public? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I never allow it as far as I know. If for instance I am forced to remove it I am as discrete as possible. Michael...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How much/how long do you keep your CC exposed in public?

I never allow it as far as I know. If for instance I am forced to remove it I am as discrete as possible.

Michael

I never carry open, even if going in the woods hiking. Socially better to do so IMHO. Would only see myself carrying open if ever invited on a hunting trip and that would only be if local laws permit doing so as some prohibit concealed carry while hunting.

This does make me think of something I saw ~2rys ago and I appologize if it diverts from the thread but that's not my intent.

I was in the local w-mart checking out in the garden section as I noticed a man wearing one of those shirts that we've all probably worn as a kid. It was one of those "football jerzy" type shirts that had the mesh/holes for the fabric and it was gleeming white. I immediately noticed that he was carrying as the shirt offered only the illusion of concealability as well as it was cut just above the waistline of his pants plus he was wearing a nylon owb holster containing what looked like a glock19/23. I simply thought the man was a little "cocky" because of his attire as well as he was acting somewhat like a fool in the store. I just went about my business as I too was legally carrying concealed at the time with iwb holster, a s&w 642 jframe and a polo shirt that adequately fell below my belt line. Getting back to the original post though, does this "jerzy cover" sound like appropriate concealment?

Quote Originally Posted by jgau53 View Post
    I never carry open, even if going in the woods hiking. Socially better to do so IMHO. Would only see myself carrying open if ever invited on a hunting trip and that would only be if local laws permit doing so as some prohibit concealed carry while hunting.

This does make me think of something I saw ~2rys ago and I appologize if it diverts from the thread but that's not my intent.

I was in the local w-mart checking out in the garden section as I noticed a man wearing one of those shirts that we've all probably worn as a kid. It was one of those "football jerzy" type shirts that had the mesh/holes for the fabric and it was gleeming white. I immediately noticed that he was carrying as the shirt offered only the illusion of concealability as well as it was cut just above the waistline of his pants plus he was wearing a nylon owb holster containing what looked like a glock19/23. I simply thought the man was a little "cocky" because of his attire as well as he was acting somewhat like a fool in the store. I just went about my business as I too was legally carrying concealed at the time with iwb holster, a s&w 642 jframe and a polo shirt that adequately fell below my belt line. Getting back to the original post though, does this "jerzy cover" sound like appropriate concealment?
    Neither appropriate concealment or wardrobe for that matter. Mesh jersey? Dude, get out of the 1980's.
    HK45c V1

Quote Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
    Neither appropriate concealment or wardrobe for that matter. Mesh jersey? Dude, get out of the 1980's.
    Wondered how long it would take for someone to recognize the wardrobe's decade ;)
    Concealed carry is a privileged right, not an absolute right. Sadly, some just shouldn't be allowed the privilege.

0% exposure and hope it stays that way. Other than you guys/gals here, only my wife knows I carry. To this date my 6 year old thinks my gun is in the safe, even though I have it on right now under my flannel PJ's (Smart Carry)!

Quote Originally Posted by jgau53 View Post
    Wondered how long it would take for someone to recognize the wardrobe's decade ;)
    Concealed carry is a privileged right, not an absolute right. Sadly, some just shouldn't be allowed the privilege.
    I think that many, myself included would argue the priveleged right part

I believe that not infringed means just what is says.

Please do not take this to mean, however, that the guy was not being a poorly dressed moron.

YMMV

Lon

Given the nature of the CCW laws in Ohio, I frequently have to completely unholster my firearm in public.

I cannot carry into locations which are either posted or which have liquor licenses for on-premise consumption, which includes pretty much anything but fast food (and Chipotle serves beer). That means that before I drop off product samples for shipment at Kinko's, or eat dinner at a local restaurant, I have to remove my firearm and lock it in the glove compartment or trunk.

Ohio is an open carry state, so anybody who doesn't like me OBEYING the law can pound sand, but it's still a minor nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by houdini View Post
    I never expose my gun you never know who will call the police, then you have a whole lot of talking to do.
    I don't have a choice, if I'm going to dinner where they have a liquor license. I HAVE to expose my gun to lock it in my car. If the police see that, there's not much talking to do. If they care at all, I show them my CHL and tell them I'm obeying the law. If it goes beyond that, it could get very expensive... for THEM.

Even if open carry was legal in my state I would not do it. I feel that oc can cause unwanted attention. I think this would put me at a disadvantage due to eliminating the element of surprise. Once the BG knows you have a gun all he has to do is wait till the right moment to jump you .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links