Brady Center at it again

Brady Center at it again

This is a discussion on Brady Center at it again within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Brady Center may defend county in gun-toting mom case - Midstate PA Local News, Weather, Sports & Entertainment - PennLive.com Brady Center may defend county ...

Thread: Brady Center at it again

Brady Center at it again

Brady Center may defend county in gun-toting mom case - Midstate PA Local News, Weather, Sports & Entertainment - PennLive.com

Brady Center may defend county in gun-toting mom case
    by MONICA VON DOBENECK, Of Our Lebanon County Bureau
    Thursday December 04, 2008, 5:04 PM

CHRIS KNIGHT, The Patriot-News
    Gun owner Meleanie Hain has sued Lebanon County Sheriff Michael DeLeo, the county and the sheriff's office for $1 million.The Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence has offered free legal representation to Lebanon County to defend against the $1 million lawsuit brought by Meleanie Hain.

Hain is the Lebanon woman who wore her loaded gun on her hip to her 5-year-old daughter's soccer game in September, causing other parents to become concerned. Lebanon County Sheriff Michael DeLeo subsequently revoked her license to carry a concealed weapon, but his decision was reversed by Lebanon County Court Judge Robert Eby.

The case has drawn national attention.

Hain sued DeLeo, the sheriff's office and the county Nov. 24 for reimbursement of attorney's fees, lost wages and emotional distress. Her Philadelphia area attorney, Matthew Weisberg, said Hain's baby-sitting business fell off after the publicity and she has been ridiculed by her neighbors.

The Brady Center, based in Washington D.C., is "the nation's largest grassroots organization leading the fight to prevent gun violence," according to the group's website. It is named for Jim Brady, who was wounded by a gunman along with President Ronald Reagan 25 years ago.

Lebanon County commissioners said they would have to check with attorneys and their insurance company before deciding whether to take the Brady Center up on its offer.

They going to foot the bill too when they lose???
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

If that happens I think the NRA should step to the plate.

I'll volunteer to sit on the jury for free
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Strange, I didn't see or hear a single case of anything having to do with "gun violence" - but Brady comes in anyway? "just want to reduce gun violence! nothing else!"

yea, right.

This has been fun to watch. If Im not mistaken the lady in question is a member over at OCDO which is where I first heard of this. The sherrif will lose. Brady BS will lose.

She didnt do anything wrong by open carring and the sherrif is a nimrod because he revoked her CC so the only option she had was OC.

Hopefully, when all these anti groups start losing serious dough they will rethink their position on being stupid.

She could still loose. Juries have been known to be manipulated.

I can just see the defense bringing up parents getting into vicious fights during kiddie sports, and here is a parent that brings a gun that she would undoubtedly use in such a fight.

Next thing you know Johnny Cochran will be hired by the Brady's.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Senior Moderator
    Just the fact that the Brady Bunch volunteered to step in for free lends an antigun tint to the case that the Sheriff doesnt need.

If he is smart, (which I doubt or they wouldnt be here in the first place), he'll decline their offer.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    "just want to reduce gun violence! nothing else!"

yea, right.
    +1,000. If they TRULY wanted an end to gun violence then they would support enforcing the laws on the books already, education, things like this. They would not be providing free legal aid to a county in a case such as this where NO violence occurred, only soccer moms got a bit freaked.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    She could still loose. Juries have been known to be manipulated.

I can just see the defense bringing up parents getting into vicious fights during kiddie sports, and here is a parent that brings a gun that she would undoubtedly use in such a fight.

Next thing you know Johnny Cochran will be hired by the Brady's.
    If that happens I'm getting my zombie killers out because he's dead! He's been feeding the worms for a while now.
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by spooter66 View Post
    If that happens I'm getting my zombie killers out because he's dead! He's been feeding the worms for a while now.
    Oops, my bad. I had no idea (obviously).
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Sponsored Links