South Carolina open carry

This is a discussion on South Carolina open carry within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There is a bill in the SC state senate (sry i don't know which one but I can look it up later when i am ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

There is a bill in the SC state senate (sry i don't know which one but I can look it up later when i am more awake) to allow for open carry. I also heard of a petition that can be signed by SC residents in support of the bill. It can be found at Open Carry of Handguns in South Carolina Petition

Ps I hope this is the right place to put this.

At the time I write this. The proper place was 4 threads down.

Good to see yet another SC poster though.

You can find the bill and comments at:
    South Carolina Weapons Bill Prefiled - TheHighRoad.US
    It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
    From The Declaration of Arbroath 1320

Quote Originally Posted by snip View Post
    There is a bill in the SC state senate (sry i don't know which one but I can look it up later when i am more awake) to allow for open carry. I also heard of a petition that can be signed by SC residents in support of the bill. It can be found at Open Carry of Handguns in South Carolina Petition

Ps I hope this is the right place to put this.

Want to say abreast of the latest legistration changes, join GrassRoots SouthCarolina GrassRoots South Carolina - Our Goal: Citizens carrying arms whenever and wherever they choose. and give them your support.

Welcome to the site!

One thing I did not like about the petition was that they wanted to know if you CC'd. Not something I want to make public.
    My take on OC is that it will be a tough sell. i.e. Lots of seniors in most restaurants I go. I try to envision what their reaction would be if I sat there with my gun in full view and honestly think that they would be petrified! Now don't tell me to eat somewhere else unless you are footing the bill.
    Just my $.02

Quote Originally Posted by jframe38 View Post
    One thing I did not like about the petition was that they wanted to know if you CC'd. Not something I want to make public.
    My take on OC is that it will be a tough sell. i.e. Lots of seniors in most restaurants I go. I try to envision what their reaction would be if I sat there with my gun in full view and honestly think that they would be petrified! Now don't tell me to eat somewhere else unless you are footing the bill.
    Just my $.02
    I never saw that when I signed it but I just went back and checked because of your statement here. It does not ask about CC on the petition. Many have however, provided that info in the comments.

Dont know why they did that but whatever.

I doubt H3003 will pass in its current state. Our leaders at Grass Roots have noticed a few issues with the bill that could be problematic for CWP holders.

My guess is the bill will pass in some form and open up eating establishments and school drop off but the OC part will be removed.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Just my $.02

Hog wash, they will act the same way seniors in GA do they dont :P
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

<snip> I try to envision what their reaction would be if I sat there with my gun in full view and honestly think that they would be petrified! <snip>.
    Just my $.02
    I need a little help on this. Please tell me how I'm supposed to act (or be) .... I've not acted petrified before, to my knowledge, but in my old age, I may have just forgotten.
    It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
    From The Declaration of Arbroath 1320

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    I never saw that when I signed it but I just went back and checked because of your statement here. It does not ask about CC on the petition. Many have however, provided that info in the comments.
    I'm thinking that maybe there was more than one type of petition circulating as the one I saw had folks complaining about this.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlanderSC View Post
    I need a little help on this. Please tell me how I'm supposed to act (or be) .... I've not acted petrified before, to my knowledge, but in my old age, I may have just forgotten.
    Hey I'm in my 60's and I understand your reply but I'm jut trying to be realistic here. Look at what happened to the soccer mom in PA.
    Some people freak when a concealed weapon gets exposed.
    I'm not saying I agree with it. However initially it would take some getting used to by some folks.

The petition posted in the OP was the same petition posted over at OC.org.

Ive not seen any other petitions, but Id sign them too.
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Folks, weve got the OCDO guys on board with us to help in getting this thing going. We'll be needing a focus group of sorts to put it together but it adds up to:

Go to OCDO to view the press release Mike has posted and then get with your local press.

Im going to be working on radio ad pricing and I have a few opportunities with local stations to get on air to talk about it. The OCDO guys will help us get the ads on the air but we'll have to get some contributions too.

Lets get it together.
    New tunes added.

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    Folks, weve got the OCDO guys on board with us to help in getting this thing going. We'll be needing a focus group of sorts to put it together but it adds up to:

Go to OCDO to view the press release Mike has posted and then get with your local press.

Im going to be working on radio ad pricing and I have a few opportunities with local stations to get on air to talk about it. The OCDO guys will help us get the ads on the air but we'll have to get some contributions too.

Lets get it together.
    Could you provide a link to the website you are talking about?

S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Under the legislative watch page on the Grass Roots site (see sig) there is a breakdown of H3003 and the problems it has.

I didnt want to agree with there being something wrong with the bill as I noticed a few things myself but there are some issues.

Read up and then get with your legislators and Grass Roots so we can work out a solution.
    New tunes added.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links