Reflection showed my .45

This is a discussion on Reflection showed my .45 within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; CC'd inside a rain jacket OWB yesterday to a Popeye's. I looked over at my reflection in the windows of the resturant as I waited ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reflection showed my .45

Reflection showed my .45

CC'd inside a rain jacket OWB yesterday to a Popeye's. I looked over at my reflection in the windows of the resturant as I waited to have my order taken. There in the reflection was my .45. My coat had pulled up over the .45. No biggie, I can OC in Georgia. I coverd the .45 and stepped up to the counter. The lady behind the counter just watched me cover it up and took my order. I basically OC'd the rest of the meal since my jacket pulled up above the .45 again.

When I got up to get more Pepsi I noticed patrons looking at me. They didn't seem to care and none stared or gauked at me.

I was very pleased to be accepted.

2. Remove Ads

Good outcome. In some places the sheep really freak out I am told.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Whenever I see someone open carrying in decent leather I just assume it's some sort of plain clothes cop. Apparently everyone else does too because I've never seen anyone freak out about it. But it's not very common here, unfortunately.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

do you need a permit to OC in georgia?
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."
    -Thomas Jefferson

2 Chronicles 7:14

You need a GFL to OC and/or CC in Georgia. I have a GFL.

Do you look like a LEO?

I have seen carry guns sticking out of people, but the guy looked like LEO whenever I have seen this happen and didn't bother me at all....this was before I got my interest in carrying personally.
    It is not "might OF", it is "might HAVE". It is not "could OF", it is "could HAVE". Go spread the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidgun View Post
    Do you look like a LEO?

I have seen carry guns sticking out of people, but the guy looked like LEO whenever I have seen this happen and didn't bother me at all....this was before I got my interest in carrying personally.
    I don't think I look LEO. It's possible they could consider me to be undercover, but my Rock Island doesn't resemble the standard police issue Glock's in .40 cal, and my holster looks like the cheap stuff you get at pawn shops because that's what it is.

She didn't freak and say, "You want fries with that gun?"

Stay armed...calm is good...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIA45 View Post
    CC'd inside a rain jacket OWB yesterday to a Popeye's. I looked over at my reflection in the windows of the resturant as I waited to have my order taken. There in the reflection was my .45. My coat had pulled up over the .45. No biggie, I can OC in Georgia. I coverd the .45 and stepped up to the counter. The lady behind the counter just watched me cover it up and took my order. I basically OC'd the rest of the meal since my jacket pulled up above the .45 again.When I got up to get more Pepsi I noticed patrons looking at me. They didn't seem to care and none stared or gauked at me.
    I was very pleased to be accepted.
    I don't want to debate OC - so no comment there.

If you intend to carry concealed for self defense you will have to pay
    much more attention to clothing selection and Fit.

Normal clothing movement should NEVER interfere with concealment, retention , or handling of your weapon.

And , IMHO - YOU should be watching people - NOT the other
    way round.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

About 9 years ago, I was going on a fishing trip with a friend and stopped at a convenience store to get some snacks for the long drive. This store was in a part of town I'd never been in before, lotta industrial parks & train tracks. As we went in, a couple of bikers on their Harley s rumbled up too.
    I was looking over the chips for a road snack when one of the bikers were about three feet away looking over the same stuff and my eyes fell on this HUGE .45 hanging on his belt.
    The fist 1/2 second, my heart skipped a beat and I thought "OMG what's he gonna do?" (All dressed in black leather and chains, ya know.)
    The 2nd 1/2 second I recovered and realized that if he had bad plans, he certainly would not be OC'ing.
    I suddenly felt quite safe thinking that this guy is ready for business if something bad happens, and I began dreaming of getting my own Harley, Leathers, and a Big Gun just like his!

Got a Kimber Ultra Cary II instead.
    Still looking and drooling at Harleys though.

I'll bet that a similar scenario went through many of the people's minds in that restaurant too.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Like others have posted if you are gonna CC then find stuff that works,I make sure when I get out of my car my shirt hasn't ridden up etc. and that I can reach without showing off my gun,I do carry IWB
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Like others have posted if you are gonna CC then find stuff that works,I make sure when I get out of my car my shirt hasn't ridden up etc. and that I can reach without showing off my gun,I do carry IWB
    I went out this weekend and bought a new holster. Got a Blackhawk Sportster. That will help since my holster won't hang away from my body with the weight of the .45. My previous holster was crap. Like I said, it was 19.00 from the pawn shop. So I'll be staying covered up when I need/want to be. I do OC some in an area that I know won't cause me or our rights any grief.

I would open carry in a second here in Connecticut.. Occasionally anyway, there are plenty of times that you really WANT your handgun concealed and don't want to draw the attention to yourself...

The funny thing is that Connecticut IS an open carry state, but nobody, and I mean NOBODY does it here because you will be arrested for disturbing the peace and causing alarm, and you'll have your CCW permit revoked faster than you can say "unconstitutional"... Figure THAT out..
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote Originally Posted by Solidgun View Post
    Do you look like a LEO?

Can you explain this one? I spent 22 years in the Army and I carry an ID wallet around my neck, so I know I have a certain "look". However, I'm not grotesquely fat yet.

jfl
    Gotta love the South !!!

In over 15 years of carrying, it happened to me more than once, never got the slightest look, even on the Harley , even in Florida where OC is a nono at a local LEO cafeteria.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links