Defensive Carry banner

In Court On the 17th

4K views 26 replies 23 participants last post by  rlimke 
#1 ·
If you don't know the case in Wisconsin about open carry rights you can review here: Wisconsin Update Tomorrow is the hearing. Wish Mr Krause well!

#3 ·
Sounds like the Prosecutor decides what laws he can make up and try to prosecute,I hope he is found not guilty and then sues for false arrest and violating his rights

#5 ·
Dayum, sounds like the local LEOs need to take some notes from game wardens. Yeah, I sure hope the accused is reimbursed for his troubles.
oldogy

#7 ·
Gotta love Wisconsin....Remember - 1 of 2 states that doesn't even allow CCW...oh, and the other one just had their Governor ousted! Some day this state will worry about more important issues (like the 13 million they overpaid to childcare facilities "by accident") instead of this!!

#9 ·
That's about the craziest thing I have ever heard of. I see no way this guy could lose and no way he couldn't win a lawsuit against the city. They would probably settle that one out of court pretty handily. Hopefully, the police department and the prosecutor learn a lesson on this incident....

#11 ·
:spankme: bad prosecutor, bad....

Really, whiskey tango foxtrot!? To be a prosecutor and see this case and try to go forward with it?

#13 ·
Well if you are a prosecutor under the left winger that claims he is a governor then yes you do. I visit family regularly in WI, and my GF is thinking about going to grad school there....when asked if I am interested in moving up there all I think about is...hmm..leave sunny Florida to shovel snow and leave my gun at home...have fun at school- I'll come visit!

Hope things progress well for the accused.

#15 ·
I hope someone gets an update on this. I used to open carry in WI when I lived up there a year and a half ago.

#27 ·
A nice step toward hopeful independence in this backward state. I am counting the days until the 2010 election for a new governor, and hopefully then the only connection between myself and Illinois will be a common border, and not a CCW law! Still carrying n Wisconsin.

#20 ·
I always thought your yard was private property. If the gun had been concealed there wouldn't be any problem. It's a shame that Wisconsin can Make up laws as they go. It's a shame that this trumped up charge will cost him a lot of money and I hope he wins a large sum of money when he sues the city. The only problem is they most likely will use bail out money to pay it off.

#22 ·
:schild42:

#23 ·
Yes he was found not guilty, but they are are making him petition to get his gun back! We will see how long that takes.

#24 ·
Not the sharpest knives in the drawer, are they?

#26 ·
He continued to testify that by Mr. Krause wearing a gun visible to the public, that created a disturbance, and that was disorderly, so Mr. Krause was therefore arrested for Disorderly Conduct While Armed.
Concealed carry is illegal under WI Statute 941.23, but openly carrying a handgun is legal without any sort of permit or training, according to several WI Supreme Court cases.
So, it is unlawful to conceal his firearm and also unlawful (de facto -- "disorderly") to openly carry? How is he supposed to keep and bear it? What was the so called disturbance? That law enforcement was notified of a man obeying the law? :twak:

Moron said:
"911? Help! There is a man driving the speed limit and he looks as if he might use his turn signal appropriately at any moment. Send backup!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.