OC in LV,NV?

This is a discussion on OC in LV,NV? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I only ask because I do not have my CCP and I plan to take the classes as soon as possible, but I'm waiting for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: OC in LV,NV?

OC in LV,NV?

I only ask because I do not have my CCP and I plan to take the classes as soon as possible, but I'm waiting for my new Glock to arrive because I'd like to take the classes with my new gun. I think it will be a good memory to go along with the first ever pistol I've owned myself. Anyway, even after I take the classes, I know it can take up to 3 months to get my permit. How many have open carried in this area? Do you get hassled? I know not to do it on the strip and tourist areas just to avoid the issue, but I never see people OC here, but I saw it all the time in Phoenix.

2. Remove Ads

Yes, you can open carry here in Las Vegas, Nevada. But don't be surprised if LEO's may take an interest in you. I work security and have my CFP for Nevada. I've never OC'd before while out of uniform. I work security so I open carried to and from work. People didn't pay much attention to an armed security guard. Had I been wearing civilian clothing I'm sure I would have gotten a little more attention.
    But OC is legal in the state of Nevada.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

I knew it was legal, I was just surprised I've never seen anyone do it. I might as well give it a try and see how it goes.

Open Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Torrid View Post
    I knew it was legal, I was just surprised I've never seen anyone do it. I might as well give it a try and see how it goes.
    Good luck on the open carry. But be sure to have your handgun exposed at the hip. You should also have your ID with you as well as the "blue card" for your weapon with you if a LEO decides to check you out.

Again, good luck on the open carry.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Quote Originally Posted by Torrid View Post

How did the OC work out for you?

^ lil late hu? but on a similar note, i hate open carrying here. i rather avoid the confrontation, and getting kicked out, so i always CC
    ONESICKXD likes this.

on another side note, Cardenas on decatur, prohibits firearms. but i like shopping there. kind of hard "not giving them my business" when i like to shop there frequently :/ according to an LEO you could walk down LV blvd OC-ing. but most people (rather myself) that do go to the strip go to drink. so drinking+carrying a firearm= no bueno

I have seen people OC in Henderson but that was just a couple of times.

Personally hate Henderson. If im not mistaken CC is completely illegal unless granted written permission from the Chief. Does not say anything about OC. Interesting to find out the answer to that

Re: OC in LV,NV?

Quote Originally Posted by Injentech View Post
    Personally hate Henderson. If im not mistaken CC is completely illegal unless granted written permission from the Chief. Does not say anything about OC. Interesting to find out the answer to that
    Could you provide a link to the Henderson law? Where did you hear that?
    Thanks

You obviously dont have the CCW book "Guidelines for carrying concealed firearms in nevada" Pg 96 " Henderson city code 8.98.010. Concealed weapons prohibited except by permission... within the city of Henderson without first having received written permission from the chief of police."
    Next time google it and dont be lazy to have someone else do your own searching. Thanks

And in case you were never given this book, never took a CCW class, or google isnt working; here is the "link" you requested. Again google. Chapter 8.98 - WEAPONS AND MISSILES

Quote Originally Posted by Injentech View Post
    ^ lil late hu? but on a similar note, i hate open carrying here. i rather avoid the confrontation, and getting kicked out, so i always CC
    I start it to OC at least till I get my CC next week....

I asked you to post it, because you are incorrect in your assumption that its illegal to carry concealed in Henderson with a valid Nv ccw permit. That law is no longer valid, check out the NV preemption statute...you're so good at Google I'll let you find it.

Btw, North Las Vegas also has a law stating you must have a permit issued by the chief of police. Check of their code of ordinances section 9.32.010....In case you're wondering, its no longer valid either.
    Chapter 9.32 - WEAPONS GENERALLY

You're welcome.

A CCW permit issued by any NV county is valid throughout the entire state, with the exception of prohibited places as noted in NRS 202.3673.
    Echo_Four and Jackster like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ONESICKXD View Post
    I start it to OC at least till I get my CC next week....
    nice, good stuff! did you apply already? or how do you know you're getting it next week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links