Just had an interesting interaction with LEO

This is a discussion on Just had an interesting interaction with LEO within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by dukalmighty MY STUFF is in my house,you come in my house I will use deadly force So will I, but because my ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just had an interesting interaction with LEO

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    MY STUFF is in my house,you come in my house I will use deadly force
    So will I, but because my family is in there too. I don't care about the stuff but the people. I will absolutely, without flinching, use deadly force on anyone who comes into my home without my welcome. Castle doctrine is well established here in AZ. This was an outside shed though...no kids out there. I stayed put and guarded my wife and children. I'm a sheepdog, not a "stuffdog."
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

2. Remove Ads

The stuff in my truck and garage are my tools and they are how I feed my family and pay the bills.
    While I would not confront someone over a lawn mower or fishing tackle,
    I would do my best to prevent them from leaving with the way I make
    my living.

Being a Heating Contractor my tools are my life. My Van has an alarm and at 3:ooam on March 8th 2007 some dirt bag broke the window in the cargo door, opened the door and took my tool bag and a DeWalt 18v hammer drill.........total bill for 15 or 20 seconds worth of work (on the BG's part) $1785.22.

I have a $500 deductible one my insurance, so Out of pocket was $1250, and it took 2 days to go buy all the tools I lost. The freaking insurance company took there time getting me a check.....go figure

By the time you wake up and respond to a car alarm (at my estimation) was between 60 and 90 seconds, the BG is l-o-n-g gone.

The cop that responded was pretty cool, I told him that if I had caught the dirtbag I would have blown his head off. He said "please don't do that, it makes it very difficult to identify them, but it does make it easier to catch them"
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

VIP Member
    Our dispatchers notify us that the caller/homeowner is armed. When we tell dispatch we've arrived on scene, dispatch tells the caller to put up their weapon. They don't tell them to put it up since we're on our way, they wait until we arrive then tell them to put it up. Its worked well for us.

I wouldn't put away my weapon if told to do so by dispatch until officers arrived.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    Our dispatchers notify us that the caller/homeowner is armed. When we tell dispatch we've arrived on scene, dispatch tells the caller to put up their weapon. They don't tell them to put it up since we're on our way, they wait until we arrive then tell them to put it up. Its worked well for us.

I wouldn't put away my weapon if told to do so by dispatch until officers arrived.
    My Family, My House, My Yard. If I have to call the cops the gun goes away when I feel safe. Not before. Regardless of instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Buckeye View Post
    My Family, My House, My Yard. If I have to call the cops the gun goes away when I feel safe. Not before. Regardless of instruction.

that attitude may get you shot by accident. The cops don't know you from the BG's. Once they are on site I would suggest you to follow there instructions or be prepared to take a trip in an ambulance, or worse a meat wagon
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

jmac00 - agreed. Nothing wrong with waiting until the cops pull up and THEN grounding the weapon in a safe location and THEN going out to meet them.

The officers responding dont know you are the owner of the house, they just know that some dude just walked out with a gun. Bottom line that officer just wants to go home at the end of his shift, and takes protecting himself more seriously than some dudes stuff that was stolen.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

VIP Member
    notice what I said in my post...."I wouldn't put away my weapon if told to do so by dispatch until officers arrived."

meaning, some dispatchers tell people to put weapons up as soon as they hear the caller is armed...I personally disagree with this, BUT if the officers have arrived then it would be very smart to put the weapon away as Jmac00 and usmc3169 said....it could get ugly
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

Quote Originally Posted by usmc3169 View Post
    jmac00 - agreed. Nothing wrong with waiting until the cops pull up and THEN grounding the weapon in a safe location and THEN going out to meet them.

The officers responding dont know you are the owner of the house, they just know that some dude just walked out with a gun. Bottom line that officer just wants to go home at the end of his shift, and takes protecting himself more seriously than some dudes stuff that was stolen.
    absolutely, I have several customers that are Cops and they all said the same thing. They have no problem with you pointing a gun at a criminal, but if they pull up and see someone holding a gun on another person, guess what? YOUR THE BAD GUY

If your holding a gun a perpetrator (which should be secured on the ground/floor spread eagle ) as soon as you see the cop pull up in his car, holster the weapon and say "I'm the guy that called and this is my property"

let them take it from there and follow there instructions. The bad guy ain't going no were (especially if your standing on him ) AND THE COP WILL BE A WHOLE BUNCH easier to deal with.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

I didn't say it would be in my hand, that would be dumb. But so would unlocked/unattended in the house with 2 children.

I didn't say it would be in my hand, that would be dumb. But so would unlocked/unattended in the house with 2 children.
    If I have to call the cops the gun goes away when I feel safe. Not before. Regardless of instruction.
    sorry dude, YOU made it sound like the gun was in your hand when the cops arrive?

if that was not your intent, you should re-word your statement
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

grounded safely to me means either back in my safe or unloaded and field stripped... probably back in my safe. I would NOT put the weapon away if I had the BG there... but I also would not be drawn down on him/them in a way that made the cops think I was about to execute them. The police dont know me from Joe Dude, until they have good proof that I am in fact the home owner then I play by thier rules.

If the situation were reversed and BG gets the jump on me and has me at gunpoint and is about to shoot my dumb A$$ because I wasn't paying enough attention, then I certainly hope the cops wouldnt hesitate to put some JHP in his grape. I am not going to give some rookie a reason to shoot me in my own house because he sees me drawn down on some guys head with my finger on the trigger.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

We live out in the sticks to an hour would not be to unexpected. We shoot trespassers around here, or set the dogs maybe the attack turkeys loose on them if I am bored. The turkeys ran a Jehovah's Witnesses jerk down in the mud pecker and stomped the crap out of him. Punk was screaming like a girl
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    We live out in the sticks to an hour would not be to unexpected. We shoot trespassers around here, or set the dogs maybe the attack turkeys loose on them if I am bored. The turkeys ran a Jehovah's Witnesses jerk down in the mud pecker and stomped the crap out of him. Punk was screaming like a girl

I'd pay to see that, wish you had it on video
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

You were OCing and the officer asked if you are armed? Now there's a confidence builder.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links