2009 National Open Carry Day

This is a discussion on 2009 National Open Carry Day within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'll be open carrying, that day and pretty much every day....

View Poll Results: If there is a "National Open Carry Day" will you participate?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

185 67.52%
  • No

45 16.42%
  • No, but I will open carry an empty holster because my state will not allow open carry

44 16.06%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 National Open Carry Day

I'll be open carrying, that day and pretty much every day.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by DOGOFWAR01 View Post
    Question is would you participate ? Yes, the only correct answer for a Real American who is always supporter of the U.S Constitution, Bill of Rights, and Second Amendment is Yes...
    It is your right to make the statement, but I find it unamerican. A person has the right to choose if they want to bear arms or not. It does not make them more of less of a supporter of the U.S Constitution, etc.

In addition, if someone was against 2A, and went about it in the proper manner (seeking the votes to create another amendment to alter 2A), well by defination, they would still be a supporter of the U.S Constitution, Bill of Rights, and maybe even the Second Amendment (as they define it).
    Last edited by Thanis; March 28th, 2009 at 12:29 AM.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

RRM
    i have been surprised that i havent seen anyone open carry in TN although it is legal.

Although it is not official, July 4th has been coined as "National Open Carry Day" for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    We can OC in Ga with a GFL. However I don't know if I would do it. I don't really want to risk harassment.

I sure am glad our forefathers risked harassment when they told the King to pound sand.

What they did was illegal and they were brave enough to do it anyway, because they knew it was the right thing to do at the time.

Open carry is legal in MI and you're afraid of being harassed. Where might you stand if a greater calling is heard?

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    A person has the right to choose if they want to bear arms or not. It does not make them more of less of a supporter of the U.S Constitution, etc.
    It is not hard to interpret 2 A as a responsibility. Much the same way Sweden requires that each able bodied citizen have a properly maintained combat weapon and side arm and be proficient in their use. This nation was founded on the concept of maximum personal freedom and personal responsibility. Not a nation of pansy volunteer victims that depend on the state to take of them bleeding the nation and its hard working citizens dry in order to proved them with protection and support that they are unwilling to provide for themselves.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by ron8903 View Post
    Same for me, Ill never advocate breaking the law.
    Indeed my friend! Maybe if in another local maybe, but I'm more for stealth and surprise. Showing it leads to the illusion that I carry normally and may make for an easy mark.
    The sheepdog is both blessed and cursed with the capacity for violence, and a profound love for the flock. This is what makes the warrior different from the wolf.
    -Dave Grossman

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    It is not hard to interpret 2 A as a responsibility. Much the same way Sweden requires that each able bodied citizen have a properly maintained combat weapon and side arm and be proficient in their use. This nation was founded on the concept of maximum personal freedom and personal responsibility. Not a nation of pansy volunteer victims that depend on the state to take of them bleeding the nation and its hard working citizens dry in order to proved them with protection and support that they are unwilling to provide for themselves.
    Are you sure it is Sweden, not Switzerland ?
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    I sure wish Texas were an open carry state!

I have been OCing for many years now. I started when I moved from VA to AZ. Now that I have moved back to VA I still OC on a daily basis.

If you have a right and don't use it you can not complain when you loose it. We as gun owners have let the gun grabbers walk all over us for far too long!! Please don't say we don't cuz we do!! Why else do we freak everytime the grabbers try to make up a new anti-gun bill??

I had a talk with this old man one time and he said if gun owners really cared about their gun rights then we would protest publicly the fact that the bill is wrong like the civil rights people do they can have people clogging the streets just about anywhere at any time and we (gunowners) may have a few here and there but never anything that will make a mear mention on the local news (lucky if it makes it to page25 in local paper unless it is a shooting). We never show strength in numbers publicly the way they do.

Yes I know that the media controls this but if we make enough noise the media will have no choice to let us be heard. If you have OC laws in your state then at least once a week (on the weekend) or so OC let the sheeple ask questions if we educate them now then it will make it easier on us. Some of us have said I don't have time to answer questions from the sheeple well that is how the are educated they will not educate themselves on this matter they want others to do the work for them. I used to be the same way. If you want to change the world then you have to be the change you want to see.

Most sheeple think that the police are there by law to protect them, point them in the right direction by explaining to them the Supreme Court has ruled quite the opposite. and tell them to google police protection by the Supreme Court let them see for themselves.

I know some of you say I sign the petitions and call my Senator and or Congressman on these issues and I thank you for that but there is rarely any public insite so to them we are all bad people cuz we cc so they can't see and make them feel good that there are no guns here. Let them see open their eyes.

OOPs forgot: if there were such a day I hear people say they would not participate in something like this please reconsider even if ILLEAGEL in your area carry an empty holster and field the questions anyways Please. Also get involved with your states Citizens Defense League.
    Last edited by Snake Eater; April 6th, 2009 at 02:32 PM.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the rights of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. 2nd Amendment.

For Those Who FOUGHT For It FREEDOM Has a Flavor the Protected WILL NEVER KNOW.
    SEMPER FI!!

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    My state doesn't allow open carry. I wouldn't open carry if they did. I also wouldn't go "empty" just to protest it and leave myself without protection.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by tally xd View Post
    my state doesn't allow open carry. I wouldn't open carry if they did. I also wouldn't go "empty" just to protest it and leave myself without protection.
    thanks for your support have a nice day
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the rights of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. 2nd Amendment.

For Those Who FOUGHT For It FREEDOM Has a Flavor the Protected WILL NEVER KNOW.
    SEMPER FI!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    My state doesn't allow open carry. I wouldn't open carry if they did. I also wouldn't go "empty" just to protest it and leave myself without protection.
    One could wear and empty open holster and still conceal a pistol.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Although already legal in Idaho, I would have no problem supporting the cause.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    It is your right to make the statement, but I find it un-American. A person has the right to choose if they want to bear arms or not. It does not make them more of less of a supporter of the U.S Constitution, etc.
    As an American, I have to right NOT to support something as well. Not supporting it doesn't mean I am against it. I don't open carry, don't want to open carry and I don't want to be active in supporting it.

In addition, if someone was against 2A, and went about it in the proper manner (seeking the votes to create another amendment to alter 2A), well by definition, they would still be a supporter of the U.S Constitution, Bill of Rights, and maybe even the Second Amendment (as they define it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eater View Post
    thanks for your support have a nice day
    Actually, thanks for my NOT supporting it. And, you're welcome.
    This is exactly why I don't support it. You "open carry" zealots get pee'd off at us that don't see it your way. We have as much right to not support it as you have to actively support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    One could wear and empty open holster and still conceal a pistol.
    True.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links