2009 National Open Carry Day

This is a discussion on 2009 National Open Carry Day within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Tally XD Actually, thanks for my NOT supporting it. And, you're welcome. This is exactly why I don't support it. You "open ...

View Poll Results: If there is a "National Open Carry Day" will you participate?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

185 67.52%
  • No

45 16.42%
  • No, but I will open carry an empty holster because my state will not allow open carry

44 16.06%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2009 National Open Carry Day

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    Actually, thanks for my NOT supporting it. And, you're welcome.
    This is exactly why I don't support it. You "open carry" zealots get pee'd off at us that don't see it your way. We have as much right to not support it as you have to actively support it.
    You are correct you do have the right to not support it first of all and you are also right but I am a ZEALOT for the right to carry I CC as well as OC

I personally would rather OC. I am not pee'd off this is all hypothetical anyways there is no such day, I was just thanking you for your time.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the rights of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. 2nd Amendment.

For Those Who FOUGHT For It FREEDOM Has a Flavor the Protected WILL NEVER KNOW.
    SEMPER FI!!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eater View Post
    You are correct you do have the right to not support it first of all and you are also right but I am a ZEALOT for the right to carry I CC as well as OC

I personally would rather OC. I am not pee'd off this is all hypothetical anyways there is no such day, I was just thanking you for your time.
    10-4! I thought you were being sarcastic. My apologies.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

10-4! I thought you were being sarcastic. My apologies.
    Tango Yankee
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the rights of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. 2nd Amendment.

For Those Who FOUGHT For It FREEDOM Has a Flavor the Protected WILL NEVER KNOW.
    SEMPER FI!!

As I OC every single day, I will be OCing on any designated National OC Day (even if I don't know when that would be).

To the poster who stated that OC was illegal in MA, you are incorrect. MA is a licensed OC state. The only real downside is there is no state preemption. It may be illegal in one place, but legal somewhere else.

I have been reading some of the postings here on this thread I started.

In my opinion (if it's worth anything). I can see how the antigunners will (not might) beat us. We cannot agree on everything.

What I mean by that is that as a user of a firearm, for whatever purpose, we must support our brother and sister shooters and hunters. We cannot afford to not support any pro-gun legislation or movement. We cannot standby during the fight just because we don't hunt, or we don't open carry, or we only believe in target shooting but not self protection.

The NRA, Gun Owners Of America, the Second Amendment Foundation, and all the other pro-gun organizations cannot pick and chose what pro-gun law to support or what anti-gun law to fight and NIETHER CAN WE.

We must answer the call to arms to help whomever in the shooting world asks for it. For if we let our fellow bretheren fall so will we.

United we stand, divided we fall.

I found this. Click and read

National Open Carry

National Open Carry Day©

and

National Open Carry Weekend©

Because "a Right restricted is a Right denied" and "a Right not exercised is a Right lost."

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed" Thomas Jefferson

The next National Open Carry Day is To Be Announced

The next National Open Carry Weekend is TBA.

The National Independence Day and Weekend Open Carry of 2008 was a huge success with hundreds of participants. Thank you to everyone for being safe, courteous and exercising your Rights!

Quote Originally Posted by DOGOFWAR01 View Post
    if you use to be a felon and are out of jail then you did your time and are a free man - so you can have guns and carry guns just like anyone else otherwise you should be hung or shot or in jail.
    Sorry, I can't agree with that one. In my humble opinion, felons should lose their right to gun ownership as well as their right to vote.
    The vast majority of felons had to trample someone elses rights in some way to become a felon so I don't have a lot of sympathy for them.
    NRA life member.

yes i would, i Open Carry all the time here in P.A. except in Cabelas in Hamburg P.A. where they dont allow open carry because they must please NY/NJ residents.
    When the dust settles only the prepared will survive.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

remember the only thing common about common sense is that its not that common

Shoot low boys their riding Shetland ponies.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I would participate and used to open carry quite often, but now I work for an organization that dictates that I can only open carry at work.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota97 View Post
    Sorry, I can't agree with that one. In my humble opinion, felons should lose their right to gun ownership as well as their right to vote.
    The vast majority of felons had to trample someone elses rights in some way to become a felon so I don't have a lot of sympathy for them.
    Felonies aren't the same everywhere. I have a hard time putting them all in the same group. For example, in most places, providing alcohol to someone underage is frowned upon and might get you a fine, but here in New Mexico, it's a felony. Why is it that much worse here?
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

I'll be open carrying as well. I'm going to take my CCP next weekend, but I plan to continue to OC most of the time.

My state doesn't allow open carry. I wouldn't open carry if they did. I also wouldn't go "empty" just to protest it and leave myself without protection.
    you don't have to ONLY go empty. Open carry an empty holster on your weak side and carry your normal concealed on your strong side or how ever you normally do it.

We need an National Open Carry Day, NRA will probably not lead it but may support it but GOA or SAF might lead it ?

A RIGHT not EXERCISE is a RIGHT lost !

It's not whether or not you plan to open carry all or part of the time.

The SECOND AMENDMENT, states KEEP and BEAR ARMS, no restriction on concealed or open carry whether it be a handgun, shotgun, rifle, Bowie knife, or Tomahawk (all of these are ARMS along with I did not list).

Some States have very harsh penalties for "printing" through clothing and if even brief un-attentional exposure of a handgun while carrying concealed - TEXAS !

Yes, we need a NATIONAL Open Carry Day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links