Met another new Open Carry-er in my town tonight

This is a discussion on Met another new Open Carry-er in my town tonight within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As luck would have it, after the TFA (Tennessee Firearms Association) meeting Thursday night, I needed to stop at the store and pick up some ...

Thread: Met another new Open Carry-er in my town tonight

Met another new Open Carry-er in my town tonight

As luck would have it, after the TFA (Tennessee Firearms Association) meeting Thursday night, I needed to stop at the store and pick up some bread.

While in the store, I saw a fellow with his wife and child and he was open carrying a Sig, I believe a P229.

I stopped and talked to him. I was carrying but in a concealed manner as it got chilly and I had put my coat on before getting in the car for the drive home. We talked for a few minutes about guns and carry and I told him about the TFA. He expressed interest in coming to the next meeting.

That makes a little over 20 people that I know of who open carry in my small town of Arlington TN now. Seldom a week goes by that I do not see one of us out and about openly carrying out here in the edges of Shelby County.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

There is a sense of security in numbers...
    In FL, it's all guess work.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

that's good to hear. i think the more it's seen, the more normalized and acceptable it'll become, over time. it's getting more and more common in my area, as well; i've run into two people who were open carrying while i was, and they say they've met other folks doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    As luck would have it, after the TFA (Tennessee Firearms Association) meeting Thursday night, I needed to stop at the store and pick up some bread.

While in the store, I saw a fellow with his wife and child and he was open carrying a Sig, I believe a P229.

I stopped and talked to him. I was carrying but in a concealed manner as it got chilly and I had put my coat on before getting in the car for the drive home. We talked for a few minutes about guns and carry and I told him about the TFA. He expressed interest in coming to the next meeting.

That makes a little over 20 people that I know of who open carry in my small town of Arlington TN now. Seldom a week goes by that I do not see one of us out and about openly carrying out here in the edges of Shelby County.
    Your lucky you live in a small town Mike,they dont like that where I live,youll spend half your day being hasseled by the LEOs here for doing nothing illeagal.

You both (TN Mike and TN Mitch) need to head on over to Nashville and OC with me right down on Music row or the Broadway strip (no bars, yet, though).

Actually, I'm thinking of trying to get another OC meetup together. The last one had much better turn out than I was expecting.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    It's good to hear that we're still free back home. Extending freedom looks promising as well.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Tn Mitch View Post
    Your lucky you live in a small town Mike,they dont like that where I live,youll spend half your day being hasseled by the LEOs here for doing nothing illeagal.

I don't think it's the small town aspect of where Mike lives that makes the people friendly. I live in a very small rural town up here and it's the most anti gun place I've ever been. Most folks here are "ok" with hunting guns, but almost all don't see a need for a handgun or anything semi-auto. The few times I did OC around here I got stared/glared at and had to play the 20 questions game with anyone I came in contact with... Which is when I found out that I am NOT a gifted speaker I'd like to OC, if there's a meet up or something like Glock30Owner mentioned, I'd do my best to come.
    Eat a moose... 50,000 wolves can't be wrong.

Links