Since open carry is legal, how do you carry? - Page 4

Since open carry is legal, how do you carry?

This is a discussion on Since open carry is legal, how do you carry? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mostly I carry my SA XD45ACP Tac in a BH CQC Serpa level II on right hip 3:00. I will sometimes carry in my Crossbreed ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Since open carry is legal, how do you carry?

Mostly I carry my SA XD45ACP Tac in a BH CQC Serpa level II on right hip 3:00. I will sometimes carry in my Crossbreed Supertuck IWB shirt tucked behind holster.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the rights of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. 2nd Amendment.

For Those Who FOUGHT For It FREEDOM Has a Flavor the Protected WILL NEVER KNOW.
    SEMPER FI!!

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    Although legal I never OC except when going to and from the range.

It is interesting that one cannot OC in a Walmart, quick stop gas if beer is sold, or anywhere alcohol is sold even if not for consumption on the premises. One can carry in those places if CC, but not any place that serves alcohol.

Regards,
    Jerry
    What state do you live in.

Here in VA we can pretty much carry anywhere except the usual courts gov'mt buildings but have to OC in a rest. that serves alcohol is served. I OC in wally world everyday here.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the rights of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. 2nd Amendment.

For Those Who FOUGHT For It FREEDOM Has a Flavor the Protected WILL NEVER KNOW.
    SEMPER FI!!

I carry my XD-45 Tac in the XD Gear holster. Strong side (of course) bout the 3:30 position. Open carry everyday and proud to.

I use a Level II Serpa CQC Autolock in paddle configuration, when I have to OC. I carry concealed most of the time in a Brommeland MaxCon V.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

O/C all the time here in P.A. totally leagal and preemption laws make it illegal for towns cities and municapalities to restrict that. the only exception here is you need an LTCF to carry in a vehicle or in Philadelphia.
    When the dust settles only the prepared will survive.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

remember the only thing common about common sense is that its not that common

Shoot low boys their riding Shetland ponies.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Did another OC today, AMAZING how nobody notices, despite the fact that it's out in plain view, black against a light grey tank top! Weird. Sheep. Oh well.

I carry (for the moment) w/ a Fobus paddle holster (till I get something better), Strong side, just in front of the hip. (That's "appendix carry" right?)
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Did another OC today, AMAZING how nobody notices, despite the fact that it's out in plain view, black against a light grey tank top! Weird. Sheep. Oh well.

I carry (for the moment) w/ a Fobus paddle holster (till I get something better), Strong side, just in front of the hip. (That's "appendix carry" right?)
    I use a Fobus as well. I wore my Glock with the Fobus while wearing a white shirt and white shorts. Nothing advertises a weapon like light colors!

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Open carry is legal in TN as our permit is a "Handgun Carry Permit". It does not require we carry concealed.

I often open carry my Glock 27 in a Don Hume 721 OT. I also carry a spare mag on the left side next to my cell phone.

The "sheep" don't seem to notice, or just assume I'm a cop.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrid View Post
    I use a Fobus as well. I wore my Glock with the Fobus while wearing a white shirt and white shorts. Nothing advertises a weapon like light colors!
    Well apparently it's not working over here...nobody saw it!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Got a fun trip coming up. Start in California where I'll be legally concealed. Pass through Nevada and Utah where I'll be Open since they don't recognize my Cali permit. Cross into Idaho and back to Concealed (they honor CA CCW). And on to Wyoming--back to Open. Should be fun!
    I have to say, I enjoy the Open Carry Experience when I'm not permitted to Conceal.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links