Had my first bad LEO experince today,in Hendersonville,Tn. - Page 5

Had my first bad LEO experince today,in Hendersonville,Tn.

This is a discussion on Had my first bad LEO experince today,in Hendersonville,Tn. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; To the OP. I had a less than satisfactory LEO encounter a few months ago. After I calmed down ( a few days later) I ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    To the OP.

I had a less than satisfactory LEO encounter a few months ago. After I calmed down ( a few days later) I called the precinct and asked how to go about making a complaint about an officer's actions. (After determining I had a genuine issue)The receptionist suggested the best way was to come in and talk to a shift supervisor in person. I did just that. I went in just after 12:30 and she called a supervisor in from the field. He took me into a conference room and we had a discussion about the actions of his officer regarding violation of my 2A rights and generally poor knowledge of the law ... The supervisor was very friendly, agreed with my view point and thanked me for bringing this to his attention.

I think my success was in large part to the fact that I had calmed down and thought out a reasonable approach and was dead set against revealing who the actually officer was as I was not attempting to get him in trouble, but simply to let "management" know they had issues. The other thing that really helped (perhaps more than my polite attitude) was that the shift supervisor is a 2A supporter, teaches CCW classes in his off time and is a range officer at the local range.

My suggestion is press the flesh. Make time to go to the precinct and give an emotion free account of what happened and the areas that you are sure are inconsistent with state law and/or common sense.

Worst case, you will determine official police policy and attitude in your area.

And remember to check carry law about carrying at the precinct. I know it is ILLEGAL here.

I think that there are some great suggestions above.

That being said...I know I am just being picky here but could you please try a bit harder to use proper grammer...I think that I had a mini stroke trying to read it.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Quote Originally Posted by nosights View Post
    ...I know I am just being picky here but could you please try a bit harder to use proper grammer...I think that I had a mini stroke trying to read it.
    What happened when our ex president spoke? I guess there were no mini strokes then? Full blown then? Surely if we tolerated Bush we can let the OP slide on his grammer. I do miss all the Bushisms he bestowed up on us.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links