Interesting comment this morning

This is a discussion on Interesting comment this morning within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Awesome story! Sounds like the beginnings of a great episode of The Twilight Zone....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting comment this morning

Awesome story! Sounds like the beginnings of a great episode of The Twilight Zone.

2. Remove Ads

Janq: I try to gauge the intent of the person asking when answering OC inquiries. This bozo wasn't getting more than a "have a nice day".

sirdarksoul: Yeah, that area isn't a good place to be, armed or unarmed. I go to Walter A.Wood and APW a fair bit. Everything from G.T. Distributors to way past MaCallie is just, bad.
    My grandfather rides with me sometimes and he always laughs when I take what he calls the "extra" gun out of the center console and tuck it under my leg. The first time he said"you've already got one, why do you need that one?".
    I told him since he hadn't brought one it was for him.
    About four years ago we had a guy try to get in the car with us while waiting at the redlight before you go under I24. Now he asks "where's the extra gun" as soon as we hit Fort O.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Too bad there is no video for it. I would have loved to see the idiots face.

Quote Originally Posted by HKR View Post
    Janq: I try to gauge the intent of the person asking when answering OC inquiries. This bozo wasn't getting more than a "have a nice day".

sirdarksoul: Yeah, that area isn't a good place to be, armed or unarmed. I go to Walter A.Wood and APW a fair bit. Everything from G.T. Distributors to way past MaCallie is just, bad.
    My grandfather rides with me sometimes and he always laughs when I take what he calls the "extra" gun out of the center console and tuck it under my leg. The first time he said"you've already got one, why do you need that one?".
    I told him since he hadn't brought one it was for him.
    About four years ago we had a guy try to get in the car with us while waiting at the redlight before you go under I24. Now he asks "where's the extra gun" as soon as we hit Fort O.
    +1 on the area. Stopped there a couple of weeks ago on the way back from the son's place. Wished I'd had my shotgun out and ready. Definitely wouldn't want to be there at night.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I pretty much make it a point not to stop between anywhere between the GA line and where I work in downtown Chattanooga. There is one Gun and Pawn on Rossville Blvd I do occasionally shop at tho.

Twin City?
    Nice inventory (for the area). Not a lot of shops around there that carry Kahrs, HKs, Sigs, and everything in between. A ton of long guns.

Has a good stock of ammo, if you don't mind paying just under $50 for a 50 round box of GoldDots.

Between them and G.T. Distributors I'm usually a happy camper.

I shop at Twin City and Quick Cash up on the right near 24. Quick Cash is a small place with an interesting inventory of random stuff. I got a decent price on a NIB Thunder 380 there before I moved from TN to GA a couple months ago. Twin City tho just seems nuts at times on prices. I recently saw a Nagant revolver there for $349. But I'm drooling over the SW 500 magnums they have.

Yeah, the prices seem kinda random sometimes.

I love GT when they have their 5.11 days with WGOW talk radio. For new stuff, the best place I have found is Grants in Dalton. All the other shops seem to "up" their prices a bit. I have found a FFL guy in Rossville that will do all transfers for $20 - Gun Traders in Ringgold wanted $50.

But it is surprising to hear someone else pumping gas on the Blvd call your holstered gun dangerous. Hmm - Chief Freeman Cooper on the news right now discussing the increase in crime in the Chattanooga metro area. Maybe your guy missed this memo.

It doesn't get much better than that! That should be in one of those Visa "Priceless" commercials.

Very funny, wish I could have been there.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I love GT when they have their 5.11 days with WGOW talk radio. For new stuff, the best place I have found is Grants in Dalton. All the other shops seem to "up" their prices a bit. I have found a FFL guy in Rossville that will do all transfers for $20 - Gun Traders in Ringgold wanted $50.
    Grant's and C.W.Barrett's in Calhoun have, by far, the best prices I've found in NorthWest Ga. At least since Classic in Chickamauga shut down. No one beat Classic's prices. Low overhead+high sales=great prices. Too bad the ATF likes to harass shops when they can't prosecute them.

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    thats great i would have loved to see that persons face lol
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

I wish I would have been there to see it! I'm trying to imagine the look on the idiots face! lol
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Quote Originally Posted by HKR View Post
    I met a friend this morning in Rossville, Georgia(located on the Ga/Tn line to show him where G.T. Distributors is. After leaving G.T. and checking out a couple of gunshops in the area I dropped him back at his truck and stopped to get gas. I was actually in Tennesee at this point and was carrying OWB.

I got out and began pumping gas when a chevy Tahoe whipped in and slammed to a halt. A guy got out, steadily chatting on his cell and fumbling with a cup of what I assume was coffee.

He started pumping his gas and then stopped suddenly, seeing my Glock 19.
    He looked at me and said "are you a cop?". I said "no, sir" and turned to close my gas lid as I was finished pumping.
    He then said"well then why the are you carrying that gun, that's dangerous".

Before I could respond anything an older fellow who was parked in front of me pumping said "the only way that gun is dangerous is if it's carried by an idiot, the type of idiot who drives his big SUV too fast while talking on his cell phone and drinking hot coffee. So why don't you go back to being that kind of idiot and leave him be."

I was stunned for a moment and as I climbed into the truck I nodded in appreciation to the older gentleman who was opening the door to his Prius. He smiled and shook his head, got in the car and drove away, Obama sticker and all. I think the "idiot" was sticking picking his jaw up off the ground as I drove off.

So if the gentleman in the Prius pumping gas close to I24 in Chattanooga happens to read this, Thanks.
    Great story, HKR!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links