Interesting comment this morning

This is a discussion on Interesting comment this morning within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I met a friend this morning in Rossville, Georgia(located on the Ga/Tn line to show him where G.T. Distributors is. After leaving G.T. and checking ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting comment this morning

Interesting comment this morning

I met a friend this morning in Rossville, Georgia(located on the Ga/Tn line to show him where G.T. Distributors is. After leaving G.T. and checking out a couple of gunshops in the area I dropped him back at his truck and stopped to get gas. I was actually in Tennesee at this point and was carrying OWB.

I got out and began pumping gas when a chevy Tahoe whipped in and slammed to a halt. A guy got out, steadily chatting on his cell and fumbling with a cup of what I assume was coffee.

He started pumping his gas and then stopped suddenly, seeing my Glock 19.
    He looked at me and said "are you a cop?". I said "no, sir" and turned to close my gas lid as I was finished pumping.
    He then said"well then why the are you carrying that gun, that's dangerous".

Before I could respond anything an older fellow who was parked in front of me pumping said "the only way that gun is dangerous is if it's carried by an idiot, the type of idiot who drives his big SUV too fast while talking on his cell phone and drinking hot coffee. So why don't you go back to being that kind of idiot and leave him be."

I was stunned for a moment and as I climbed into the truck I nodded in appreciation to the older gentleman who was opening the door to his Prius. He smiled and shook his head, got in the car and drove away, Obama sticker and all. I think the "idiot" was sticking picking his jaw up off the ground as I drove off.

So if the gentleman in the Prius pumping gas close to I24 in Chattanooga happens to read this, Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    That's is hillarious! I bet the idiot was more surprised than you.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

That's good stuff right there. So you are saying the guy with the Obama sticker in the Prius defended you? I know that there are pro-gun liberals out there, it's just seems funny to see them in the wild
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSteve View Post
    That's good stuff right there. So you are saying the guy with the Obama sticker in the Prius defended you? I know that there are pro-gun liberals out there, it's just seems funny to see them in the wild
    That's like seeing a unicorn or a leprichaun(sp?) or the tooth fairy.
    The OP should feel lucky to have actually had an experience like this. The rest of us can only read about stuff like this.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    That's awesome!

Yeah, the Obama sticker was just a reminder that people vote for a candidate for all kinds of different issues. I have a friend who voted for Kerry and for Obama. He carries and is very pro-gun. Throughout the entire election he and I had "energetic" debates everyday.

Cool guy, who obviously was driving a 'borrowed' Prius...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Cool guy, who obviously was driving a 'borrowed' Prius...
    probably belonged to his college student daughter....

Priceless!

Sounds like the older fellow understands a bit... I wonder if he was packing himself? We'll probably never know. Still very funny!

That is great-something you wish you could film to watch again later. And post on youtube.
    Expecting a carjacker or rapist or drug pusher to care that his possession or use of a gun is unlawful is like expecting a terrorist to care that his car bomb is taking up two parking spaces.-Joseph T. Chew

Excellent story.

BTW when a non-LEO asks you questions in regard to your job, career choice, or lifestyle you are not at all obliged to respond nor to confirm or deny their inquiry.
    I do not open carry but if I did and were asked such a question by a complete stranger I think I'd choose to disarm them with obfuscation.

Such as;
    * "Why do yo ask, Sir/Mam are _you_ in need of assistance? Is everything okay?"

* "I am not at work right now."

* "I'm sorry Sir/Mam but I do not have time right now to chat."

* <Simply smile and turn away>

As long as you do not state nor imply that you are a LEO any response of your choosing be it a direct answer or a non-answer is completely fine and at your own choice.

- Janq hates rude people
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    That's one of the perks of getting older right there - people expect that you're going to speak your mind. Say something like that in your 20's-50's and you're likely to have some kind of a fight on your hands.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

+1 to Janq's obfuscation. The power of suggestion is so strong it's almost not funny. Of course,in this instance it works better A) if you're somewhat nicely dressed and B) of the opposite sex.
    Life is about choices. One who chooses to attack without cause has also chosen to accept whatever defensive measures his target has readied. If this includes violence and death, so be it.

G26--->Supertuck

VIP Member
    Excellent. I busted out laughing ..........
    Prepare for the worst and hope it never happens

Quote Originally Posted by HKR View Post
    I met a friend this morning in Rossville, Georgia(located on the Ga/Tn line to show him where G.T. Distributors is. After leaving G.T. and checking out a couple of gunshops in the area I dropped him back at his truck and stopped to get gas. I was actually in Tennesee at this point and was carrying OWB.

I got out and began pumping gas when a chevy Tahoe whipped in and slammed to a halt. A guy got out, steadily chatting on his cell and fumbling with a cup of what I assume was coffee.

He started pumping his gas and then stopped suddenly, seeing my Glock 19.
    He looked at me and said "are you a cop?". I said "no, sir" and turned to close my gas lid as I was finished pumping.
    He then said"well then why the are you carrying that gun, that's dangerous".

Before I could respond anything an older fellow who was parked in front of me pumping said "the only way that gun is dangerous is if it's carried by an idiot, the type of idiot who drives his big SUV too fast while talking on his cell phone and drinking hot coffee. So why don't you go back to being that kind of idiot and leave him be."

I was stunned for a moment and as I climbed into the truck I nodded in appreciation to the older gentleman who was opening the door to his Prius. He smiled and shook his head, got in the car and drove away, Obama sticker and all. I think the "idiot" was sticking picking his jaw up off the ground as I drove off.

So if the gentleman in the Prius pumping gas close to I24 in Chattanooga happens to read this, Thanks.
    I'd hate to think anyone would stop at either of those C-stores at Rossville Blvd and I-24 WITHOUT carrying. I live in Rossville and drive thru that intersection twice daily

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links