Stopped in Walmart???

This is a discussion on Stopped in Walmart??? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DrLewall You should have at least filed a criminal mischif report, if not an assault charge against them..they'll do it again, count ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stopped in Walmart???

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    You should have at least filed a criminal mischif report, if not an assault charge against them..they'll do it again, count on it.
    I didn't even think of that thanks I will keep it in mind for later.

You are correct I am probubly the only adult to ever get on their case in public it will only stick with them a short time.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the rights of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. 2nd Amendment.

For Those Who FOUGHT For It FREEDOM Has a Flavor the Protected WILL NEVER KNOW.
    SEMPER FI!!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Awesome response on the part of the manager. From the sounds of it he handled the situation perfectly. Considering how rare a good attitude like that is, it would be nice of you to send a quick e-mail to Wal-Mart corporate headquarters with the manager's name and an expression of your appreciation. Help give the guy a leg up at work. We're all always so quick to punish bad behavior we often forget to reward the good.
    Done did. The second I got home. My wife and I believe in praise when it is due. If we go to a restaruant and have good service we ask to see a mgr. We get a lot of confused looks, sometimes from the mgr. We explain that too many people complain and that not enough praise and the confused look goes away.

Thanks Will
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the rights of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. 2nd Amendment.

SEMPER FI!!

Care to elaborate on where this Walmart was in VA(northern, southern, central, etc..)? I think I need to start shopping there
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Indeed! Bravo to you for stepping up and handling the problem! Big kudos as well to the store manager!

My experience with Wally-World and guns was a wee bit different but hopefully amusing:

A few years back (before we went digital) we had our evidence film developed at Wal-Mart. I had picked up the pics and was making my way to the front door when I noticed this management lady glaring at me. She stepped into my path and demanded, "Are you a police officer?" I looked at the large embroidered patch on my polo shirt which had my department's name in large letters, I looked at the bright, shiney, gold badge on my belt next to my pistol, and told her that yes, according to all available evidence I did, in fact, appear to be a police officer (I was polite with my sarcasm, just so's ya know). The lady took on a look of sheer relief and said, "Thank goodness. I was wondering when I saw THAT G_U_N!" I did not know that "gun" could be so emphasized as to give the word six syllables, but hey, live and learn.
    I asked her, "I'm just curious. What would have been your plan if I wasn't , in fact, a police officer and didn't want to talk to you?" The lady who'd obviously never had her authority questioned in her life suddenly looked shocked then scared. I leaned forward, patted her on the arm and said, "Y'might wanna re-evaluate your policy of challenging armed men who are in the process of LEAVING your store." She just nodded, mouth hanging open.

Snake Eater, Outstanding! Wish more places would be as decent as that manager. His response was quick and firm.
    The sheepdog is both blessed and cursed with the capacity for violence, and a profound love for the flock. This is what makes the warrior different from the wolf.
    -Dave Grossman

I probably throw 4 or 5 out per week. Last time a young man decided he didn't have to go. He felt that it was a public place, and if he wanted to stay, there was nothing I could do. I explained that since I informed him that he was not welcome, that remaining in the store (in WI anyway) was tresspassing. I told him that at the count of one, I was going to call the Police, and press charges. The first offense is $379. Then he was all too willing to leave...
    Washington Post 06/28/2010 re: Supreme Court Decision
    "The court's decision means that the enigmatically worded Second Amendment... identifies an individual right to gun ownership, like the freedom of speech, that cannot be unduly restricted by Congress, state laws or city ordinances. "

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Awesome response on the part of the manager. From the sounds of it he handled the situation perfectly. Considering how rare a good attitude like that is, it would be nice of you to send a quick e-mail to Wal-Mart corporate headquarters with the manager's name and an expression of your appreciation. Help give the guy a leg up at work. We're all always so quick to punish bad behavior we often forget to reward the good.
    +1 Definitely would commend this manager. We need more like him!
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

VIP Member
    HUH?

That's almost too good to be true! Congratulations!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by CeltKnight View Post
    I leaned forward, patted her on the arm and said, "Y'might wanna re-evaluate your policy of challenging armed men who are in the process of LEAVING your store." She just nodded, mouth hanging open.
    Wonder how long it took for that to sink into to her little narrow mind?
    "Brains before Bullets"

Snake Eater, that is one of the best open carrying experiences I have heard in quite a while. Thank you for telling us all about it!

And there is another example of OC working even when you don't know it. 2 thugish teens saw you in the store and what did they do? Did they "attack you and take your gun"? NO! The anti open carry types, some even on this very site, will often say that this is likely. But it is not likely at all. They saw you and either assumed you were LEO or a trained and committed armed civilian and decided to take their nefarious activities elsewhere.

Well done!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Care to elaborate on where this Walmart was in VA(northern, southern, central, etc..)? I think I need to start shopping there

North West oh you want more

Staunton

SEMPER FI!!

Well done all around. I really like that you commended the Manager to Corporate. We all should do that when we get good service. I sincerely hope that the parents of the little heathens tore their butts up.

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltKnight View Post
    I asked her, "I'm just curious. What would have been your plan if I wasn't , in fact, a police officer and didn't want to talk to you?" The lady who'd obviously never had her authority questioned in her life suddenly looked shocked then scared. I leaned forward, patted her on the arm and said, "Y'might wanna re-evaluate your policy of challenging armed men who are in the process of LEAVING your store." She just nodded, mouth hanging open.
    Man, that is priceless.

The manager of our local WalMart is very anti gun and gets really nervous around them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links