First OC, WWW

This is a discussion on First OC, WWW within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sense I often enjoy hearing about hearing people's experiences of their first time CC or OC i thought I would share mine. I've only started ...

Thread: First OC, WWW

First OC, WWW

Sense I often enjoy hearing about hearing people's experiences of their first time CC or OC i thought I would share mine. I've only started carrying for the last couple months when I finally received my CPL and never really considered OCing even though its perfectly legal in WA.

Well, as anyone who carries I became accustomed to having my Bersa on me, hell I feel naked without it. Today I had me an interview, currently trying to get myself a job, and being all dressed up I realized that I had no way to wear my IWB holster with my shirt tucked in. This posed a very big problem, so I decided...Screw it im going to OC and put the holster on my belt and out I went.

After my interview, which I disarmed for despite the dread of not having my gun on me, I went on my way to wally world. I got out of my car and walked towards the store I was thinking, hey this isn't to bad, but then that feeling changed as I got in the store and had people all around me. Then I started feeling really nervous with my gun out for everyone to see, just waiting for someone to say "he's got a gun!".

First stop was to go check and see if they had any 9mm and you guessed it, no...no they didn't. turns out someone bought their entire shipment that morning. To my surprise he didn't even say or so much look at my gun nor did the other customer. We actually struck up a conversation about how bad the ammo shortage had gotten, turns out the local PD has resorted to "trying" to buy ammo at Walmart too.

After the disappointment, although totally expected, lack of ammo I went over to electronics to find me and the wife a new game for our new Wii. This is were I received my only dirty look, although I kind of understand. Turns out this lady didn't like me being by her kids with a gun while looking at Wii games, but only received a dirty look.

After not finding any ammo,but coming out with Super Mario Galaxy, I made my way out of Wally World and to my car without any problems. Overall, it had been a pleasant and eye opening experience. Turns out most people are to busy to notice your gun, assume your a cop or simply don't care. I know there are people out there that would freak out but now if I cant CC I have no problem what so ever OCing.

2. Remove Ads

That's been my experience as well, although I've had one person ask if I was a bounty hunter! Sometimes OCing leads to interesting stories.

As a general rule I always carry where it is legal. This applies whether it be OC or CC.

I work as an unarmed security officer here in Las Vegas. I do this as OC is legal in the state of Nevada. I can only assume that the majority of people who see me assume it's my "duty" weapon. Again, I work as an "unarmed" security officer.

When I'm not working I always make a point of carrying where I can do so CC all the time. So far I've had no bad experiences while I OC. This includes many fast food restaurants, WM's, etc.

I still yet have to experience any very negative attitudes when it comes to carrying my Glock 26.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Quote Originally Posted by Torrid View Post
    That's been my experience as well, although I've had one person ask if I was a bounty hunter! Sometimes OCing leads to interesting stories.
    Is it a crime to impersonate a bounty hunter?

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zigziggityzo View Post
    Is it a crime to impersonate a bounty hunter?....
    Only if you try to look like Dog the Bounty Hunter. Then it would be a crime against humanity.

Links