Federal civil rights lawsuit filed against West Milwaukee - Page 2

Federal civil rights lawsuit filed against West Milwaukee

This is a discussion on Federal civil rights lawsuit filed against West Milwaukee within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This should get someone's attention. I hope he wins and wins BIG....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Federal civil rights lawsuit filed against West Milwaukee

This should get someone's attention.

I hope he wins and wins BIG.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    Glad I moved out of there. I couldn't stand Doyle much longer.
    Wish I could move out of here. Doyle is an imbecile. I own a business and am tied here by that and family. Still, I have applied for Utah and FL CC permits in preparation and anticipation of either his ouster or a new vote. I can only keep hoping!

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    This is not a Federal issue. It is a state issue. Gonzales has no standing in Federal court.

If he was indeed treated poorly (we never do hear the other side of the story), his weapon should be returned and he should be awarded the sum of $1.00. And if he turns out to be an illegal (why didn't he provide a social security number?) he should be immediately deported.

It's a Federal issue and and a similar case has also been filed in Michigan in Grand Haven for numerous Constitutional Rights being violated. Under Judge Bell, I predict this case will escalate to over a million dollars.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    This is not a Federal issue. It is a state issue. Gonzales has no standing in Federal court.

If he was indeed treated poorly (we never do hear the other side of the story), his weapon should be returned and he should be awarded the sum of $1.00. And if he turns out to be an illegal (why didn't he provide a social security number?) he should be immediately deported.
    Are you serious!

Asking why someone wouldn't provide a SS number to a police officer? That's just beyond ....

And yes, it is a federal case. Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it so.

Social Security number?

Wowza!

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    It's a Federal issue and and a similar case has also been filed in Michigan in Grand Haven for numerous Constitutional Rights being violated.
    It is obviously not a Federal issue:

Amendment 10

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

I find it curious that so many want to find the Texas couple guilty, this guy a millionaire without even considering the facts of the case. Strike that, I do not find it curious. I find it typical of statists, liberals and libertarians.

Under Judge Bell, I predict this case will escalate to over a million dollars.
    If the man turns out to an illegal would you support him being deported? With or without a million dollars of taxpayer's money?

I find it disturbing there is an entire subculture of gun owners that want to be harrassed so they can perhaps make a million dollars.

Suits like this should be thrown out.

It is obviously not a Federal issue:

Amendment 10

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

I find it curious that so many want to find the Texas couple guilty, this guy a millionaire without even considering the facts of the case. Strike that, I do not find it curious. I find it typical of statists, liberals and libertarians.

If the man turns out to an illegal would you support him being deported? With or without a million dollars of taxpayer's money?

I find it disturbing there is an entire subculture of gun owners that want to be harrassed so they can perhaps make a million dollars.

Suits like this should be thrown out.
    You really should do more research. Your posts do not serve you well.

Quote Originally Posted by theghostrider View Post
    You really should do more research. Your posts do not serve you well.
    Opposing the Tenth Amendment is certainly a difficult position to undertake. I don't think it is me who needs to do more research.

I realize that many want the Federal government to intervene in state's business but that is not the intent of this nation. The Federal government does not trump state governments.

It is also offensive that many think it is right for some judge to give away taxpayer's money to an arbitrary individual simply because he has been slightly inconvenienced. Great message: Try to get hassled by LE and maybe, just maybe, you will win the lottery. I would not be surprised if some open carry specifically to try to get rich rather than defending themselves. We know that some are proud that they get arrested as if it is some badge of honor. Street open carry cred?

The bottom line is that if LE violated the law then there should be a criminal trial against the officer. There is no justification for giving someone a million dollars because he 'suffered' a few hours of inconvenience.

It is disappointing that so many want to run to a judge to make laws or to extort the American people.

And there is no justification whatsoever for this to be a Federal issue. It is a state issue.

It's been assigned Federal Case Number 1:09-CV-00190 in U.S. Court for the Western District Of Michigan in Grand Rapids.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Opposing the Tenth Amendment is certainly a difficult position to undertake. I don't think it is me who needs to do more research.

I realize that many want the Federal government to intervene in state's business but that is not the intent of this nation. The Federal government does not trump state governments.

It is also offensive that many think it is right for some judge to give away taxpayer's money to an arbitrary individual simply because he has been slightly inconvenienced. Great message: Try to get hassled by LE and maybe, just maybe, you will win the lottery. I would not be surprised if some open carry specifically to try to get rich rather than defending themselves. We know that some are proud that they get arrested as if it is some badge of honor. Street open carry cred?

The bottom line is that if LE violated the law then there should be a criminal trial against the officer. There is no justification for giving someone a million dollars because he 'suffered' a few hours of inconvenience.

It is disappointing that so many want to run to a judge to make laws or to extort the American people.

And there is no justification whatsoever for this to be a Federal issue. It is a state issue.
    Like I said, you can't understand because you lack the knowledge. The 10th amendment does not apply, because it is a federal violation. Therefore, there is no "opposition to the 10th Amendment".

Maybe you should read the document filed, and they you'd see it addresses violations of the USC. Unwarranted search and seizure doesn't fall under states rights.

Cancel that. Your not going to see it because your just letting your anti-OC feelings cloud your judgment. That's obvious by the statement about people purposefully getting harassed. As if they force such actions upon the police.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links