Open Carry at the Scranton Tea Party...

This is a discussion on Open Carry at the Scranton Tea Party... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TerriLi My state is Concealed Carry only, I actually would like Open Carry in my state. I was just thinking in my ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open Carry at the Scranton Tea Party...

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    My state is Concealed Carry only, I actually would like Open Carry in my state. I was just thinking in my states laws, no slight intended to Open Carry.
    My mistake, I apologise for sounding testy. Little tired today.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    As to the Open Carry thing, if I ever get a business Im sure to post a sign "Concealed Carry Welcome, and Promoted"
    So lets pretend for a moment that you have a business with the signage described. What would you do if somebody carried openly into your business? Just curious...

To the OP. Great job on teaching your daughter how to spend money where it is welcomed!
    Kevin Jensen
    Utah State Researcher,
    www.opencarry.org

Quote Originally Posted by SGT Jensen View Post
    So lets pretend for a moment that you have a business with the signage described. What would you do if somebody carried openly into your business? Just curious...

To the OP. Great job on teaching your daughter how to spend money where it is welcomed!
    i think OC is illegal in his state; i'm sure that if it were legal, he'd have no problem with it, either.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT Jensen View Post

If it was in florida, I would ask him to conceal it per Florida law.
    If they concealed it I would do nothing, and treat him as a normal customer.
    If he protested that when it gets difficult to answer.
    If it was an open carry state, I think I would thank him, and treat him as a normal customer...maybe a 5% discount.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    "you can't have that gun in here."

"do you work here?"

"yes, sir. i'm sorry."

"sorry for what? sorry you work here, or sorry you want me to leave?"

"i'm sorry i have to ask you to leave."

"ah. is it corporate policy to bar legally carried guns from Subway?"

"i'm not sure, sir."__________________

I think the next thing I would have asked was for a paper and pen to write down his name.

Whatcha do'n that for?

So the Subway President at the corporate office knows who I'm referring to in the letter.

What can I get you sir?

Sounds like a great day, hope you have many more like it! My kids love Subway too I prefer Jersey Mike's.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

For what it's worth, telling customers to take a hike just because they have an openly carried gun on their hip is NOT Subway corporate policy.

Subway is one of our favorite places to eat and I always open carry in ours. We ate there last night in fact and as we came in and got in line I heard the manager tell the other employees that they sure wouldn't get robbed that night while pointing at me. He then started making my sandwich with out even asking me what I wanted as he already knew. (we eat there quite frequently)
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Yes jahwarrior, I live in the Altoona area. A medically discharged vet who was depressed rang the bell at the back door of one of our local Subways, when the 19 yr old (a senior at our high school) opened the door he got shot 3 times and died right there...the perp cont. into the stoor and shot another employee (a woman in her hip), then proceeded to rob the register. After fleeing he shot a recently retired man getting his mail, killing him too, just prior to being captured by the police. So I can understand why that Subway employee might have got a bit "hinky" seeing you open carry in the store. As a law abiding citizen in PA, where we do have the open carry right, he should have been aware of it being legal for you to do so. I am in favor of open carry even though I have carried concealed for 35 yrs now. I'm glad you had a good day with your daughter. May the good Lord bless you and yours.
    USCCA/DEFENSIVE HANDGUNS
    GSSA/NRA
    DEFENSIVE CARRY
    GLOCK TALK
    PAFOA/American Gun Owners

Quote Originally Posted by BradyM77 View Post
    Sounds like a great day, hope you have many more like it! My kids love Subway too I prefer Jersey Mike's.

+1 for Jersey Mikes!
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it is called, Present.

I would still check into the state law you have there about open carry; if the local subway guy did not have anyhting posted and the state has a pre-emption law, I would sue their behinds off for infringing on your civil rights....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    I would still check into the state law you have there about open carry; if the local subway guy did not have anyhting posted and the state has a pre-emption law, I would sue their behinds off for infringing on your civil rights....
    our preemption doesn't work that way. it prevents local governments/municipalities from passing their own rules and restrictions on guns; it doesn't affect private property rights, and frankly, i don't think it should. i can no more sue them than someone can sue me for barring them from my home for being Jewish.

basically, if i'm in a place of business, or any other private property, in PA, and i'm asked to leave for any reason, i must comply, or be charged with defiant trespass. besides, i don't have the time or energy to sue a second rate hoagie shop because one guy got scared. i'd rather go to Quizno's, anyway.

You should of just gone over to Coney Island
    I'm sure they would have not said anything to you about the sidearm.

Best,
    e
    Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links