Spotted my first open carrier today!

This is a discussion on Spotted my first open carrier today! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rhunt I manage a retail store here in Arizona. We have a couple of people a day that shop in this store ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spotted my first open carrier today!

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhunt View Post
    I manage a retail store here in Arizona. We have a couple of people a day that shop in this store that open carry. I just seems like it's not that big of deal here. I have never had another person complain to me about someone else having a gun. Like most people here, I really never thought twice about it.
    I sometimes see some people open carrying at the grocery store I frequent. The store is posted with a sign that firearms are prohibited except for those with concealed weapons permits. Almost certainly, others are carrying concealed. In Arizona open carry is no big deal.

2. Remove Ads

TRP
    I was driving through Arizona and stopped by an IN and Out Burger place saw a rough looking guy get out of his car when my wife and I were having lunch. I told my wife, check this guy out coming in he's packing a pistol tucked in the small of his back. Sure enough he had his Glock out for the world to see.
    Gotta love Arizona!
    SA TRP Armory-Kote
    Glock 22
    Glock 27

There is a western apparel store owner in Renton who open carries. He and his brother. They look like they are in their mid-60s. I noticed a long barrel 357 on one of them....Since they own a western theme store, it looks like the appropriate attire.
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

Where are the Indiana folks?

I'm certain I'm not the only person in Indiana that carries openly, and I open carry all the time in Greenfield (bank, drug store, WAL-MART OF COURSE!!!) but I have yet to see anybody either in greenfield or Indianapolis carry openly.
    qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum
    Vegetius - Roman General
    Makarov IJ70-18A IMEZ shooter (you have to pull the trigger in Russian or it won't fire)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy View Post
    Anyone else notice OC gaining more popularity in their areas?
    Yes a great deal more, thna I recall seeing in the past as well as more positive slant in the local news about OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    I have yet to see someone oc .
    Could that be because it is illegal in your state? Thankfully most of us still live in a free nation not over run by fascist liberals forfeiting our civil rights so that the state will take care of them
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by Ksthumper View Post
    Kansas recognizes the Licenses from 22 states, including a non-resident License.

Office of the Kansas Attorney General - Concealed Carry
    I followed your link to this one http://www.ksag.org/files/shared/con...eciprocity.pdf, which specifically states you must be a resident of the issuing state for it to be valid in KS.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Our kids stayed with my parents last night, so my wife and I went out to dinner and I decied to OC, which she thought would create a problem. No one said a word and I didn't even notice any odd looks...first OC experience for me in KY.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include thier own government --George Washington

Benbovac, that is because its Kentucky....if you were in Seattle, you would have a different experience. People freaked out at Starbucks when I wore a Glock shirt and I wasn't even carrying!

P.S: Nice profile pic....dayum!
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    I do the VA tuck when entering restaurants; no panic yet (nor even any knowing nods). I am hoping I don't ever cause a scene - we go out to eat near Virginia Tech, and some folks are still kinda jumpy.

I have only seen one other person open carrying: an 18-year-old helping us move stuff at a storage facility. It's legal here, but it seemed a little over-the-top to me at the time. 'Course I've grown up a bit since then.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Funniest incident; young lady friend of my son, "bumps" into him in Krogers. Make introductions and we chat for several minutes.
    Finally, she sees pancake holster and side arm. "That's a gun! He's gotta gun."
    My son tells her that I have a permit and I go everywhere with it. She stops her panic attack. I think she may see guns in a new light.
    Most people in middle Tn are seeing more OC and not freaking out.
    I carry to suit me, not to make others feel comfortable.
    I OC between Murfreesboro, Nashville and Clarksville.

Exclamation Open Carry

OC is legal in Pennsylvania...don't see it at all in Philly, as it is too much hassle to argue your "right" with local LE...and I see it sometimes in my neck of the woods...the 'burbs'. I usually don't go out of the way to acknowledge the person if I do see them exercising their right...just take notice and keep moving on.
    SHOOTER13
    ================
    DoD: Peace thru Superior Firepower

Northwest part of God's Country in Montana
    I see OC'ers all the time here in Montana. It's nice to see others of the same mindset as myself on a daily basis. The OC'ers I see aren't law enforcement or military or anything related to it, just every-day citizens that are exercising their rights to carry and defend themselves!!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion but rather default to your level of training!

Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting!
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

Quote Originally Posted by ecorrigan View Post
    I see OC'ers all the time here in Montana. It's nice to see others of the same mindset as myself on a daily basis. The OC'ers I see aren't law enforcement or military or anything related to it, just every-day citizens that are exercising their rights to carry and defend themselves!!
    Ain't it great to live in a free country? Really was not until I got onto some of these boards that I realized how oppressed much of the nation is. Sad and scary thing is that the folks from those areas think that is the way it is supposed to be. A lot of the anti OC posts I see are from folks brainwashed from living in fascist controlled states
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links