Recent OC Experience - Page 2

Recent OC Experience

This is a discussion on Recent OC Experience within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ecorrigan I appreciate all the accolades about my letter. I try, in cases like that, to be as polite but firm as ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recent OC Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ecorrigan View Post
    I appreciate all the accolades about my letter. I try, in cases like that, to be as polite but firm as possible. I figure it's easier and safer that way!!
    Absolutely! Spewing off at the matter or the clerk wouldn't help the situation at all and maybe even make it worse. Nice persistence with a great outcome! Good job!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

GLOCK 23..........Beretta 96..........Mossberg 500A..........Winchester 30-30..........S&W M&P

I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6!

"I will be buying my cups of water at 0030 elsewhere ma'am!! I bid you good EVENING!!!"

Teasing. Good job. But seriously ... buying a cup of water?

Great letter & outcome!
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

I'll be taking my business elswhere (the purchase of a cup of water)??
    LOL.
    Joe

Both Ecorrigan and I entered the Store again last night, and the same Person that wanted him out was very nice!

Northwest part of God's Country in Montana
    Yeah, all she did was smile at us. We were both CC-ing at the time, but she didn't say a word about the previous week!!
    In my opinion, it shows that we can make a difference and still be polite about it. We can win support and sustainment for our side of the equation by being the nice, friendly, law-abiding people we are!! Again, thanks for the accolades. Just shows that us young-bucks can make a difference as well! I tell people that I'm passionate about a few things in life: My boys, my guns and my rights as an American Citizen!! I try to do everything I can to further my knowledge in my passions!
    As for the post stating the letter might help the 'Anti-Gun-Phobes' in your area, good luck and keep me posted on how it goes! As for everyone else, keep up the good work and keep fighting. We're losing our rights faster and faster, but we can slow down the progression if we fight it!!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion but rather default to your level of training!

Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting!
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

Went into the same store again the other night and the woman at the counter who confronted me about carrying initially literally walked away so she wouldn't have to say anything or wait on us. I was kind-of offended when she did this. I had no intention of getting anyone in trouble about the whole incident. My initial point was to get the store to change its policy, which we did.
    I just thought it was a little rude to just walk away and leave the work for someone else to do. Oh well, either way she knows we carry and she knows it's allowed in the store now.
    The manager told us to give him about a week to update his employees about the policy change and I'm assuming by the attitude of the woman, he told her and she didn't like the outcome of the meeting.
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion but rather default to your level of training!

While I don't OC, one of the big values of doing so is the educational opportunities that arise. You handled this exceptionally well.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

You can't change the attitude of everyone. Some people will always be anti-gun regardless of how much you want to help them "see the light."
    All you can do is make the best of a bad situation. For all you know this lady had a bad experience with a handgun. Hard to say under the circumstances.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

The way you explained it to the woman was great. Your follow up with the manager was even better.

Good work, that is a fantastic letter, I might have to borrow it in the future and put in my own details!

Feel free to borrow it, I have no intention of copyrighting it!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links