OC'ed today in Oregon

OC'ed today in Oregon

This is a discussion on OC'ed today in Oregon within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not my first time, but maybe I can call it my first solo OC. I went to a local grocery store today to pick up ...

Thread: OC'ed today in Oregon

OC'ed today in Oregon

Not my first time, but maybe I can call it my first solo OC.

I went to a local grocery store today to pick up some milk and donuts. I would usually CC but I already had a sweatshirt on and didnít feel like putting on a jacket.

So I get out of my Jeep with my G23 in a BH Serpa holster on my right hip. Before I make it into the store I noticed a group of men noticing me as a couple of them turned to take a second look. Not a big deal, they went into the store and on about their business.

I walked in, grabbed a basket and head towards the back for the milk. Before I even start down the isle, I run into a pedestrian traffic jam. I had people in front, to my right, and behind me. No one panicked, no one hollered 'HE HAS A GUN!!!í

I finally make it to the back, grabbed the milk and donuts and headed to the front to check out. I did notice one employee catching a quick peek at my gun then me, then went back to stocking the shelves.

As I'm walking up to the self-checkout register, I see a manager heading my direction. I figured, ok, here we go....but to my surprise, he walked right past me.

I checked myself out and walk out to my Jeep without anyone saying anything.

It may be wishful thinking but I wish all future OC outings will be this uneventfull.

Great!
    Wouldn't it be a great place if ALL eligible citizens had a firearm showing and knew how to use it. Crime would definitely go down or the number of BG's taking a dirtnap would go up...either way it would be good.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Not my first time, but maybe I can call it my first solo OC.

I went to a local grocery store today to pick up some milk and donuts. I would usually CC but I already had a sweatshirt on and didnít feel like putting on a jacket.

So I get out of my Jeep with my G23 in a BH Serpa holster on my right hip. Before I make it into the store I noticed a group of men noticing me as a couple of them turned to take a second look. Not a big deal, they went into the store and on about their business.

I walked in, grabbed a basket and head towards the back for the milk. Before I even start down the isle, I run into a pedestrian traffic jam. I had people in front, to my right, and behind me. No one panicked, no one hollered 'HE HAS A GUN!!!í

I finally make it to the back, grabbed the milk and donuts and headed to the front to check out. I did notice one employee catching a quick peek at my gun then me, then went back to stocking the shelves.

As I'm walking up to the self-checkout register, I see a manager heading my direction. I figured, ok, here we go....but to my surprise, he walked right past me.

I checked myself out and walk out to my Jeep without anyone saying anything.

It may be wishful thinking but I wish all future OC outings will be this uneventfull.
    I find this is how most of my OC outings are... uneventful. You'll get used to it. The are so involved in what they are doing they don't even notice 98.99% of the time.

VIP Member
    Well, I live here in Arizona where practically every man, woman and child carries a gun. On average, I see an open carry at least once a week. Really, nobody lifts an eyebrow around here. Still, I live on a cul-de-sac with lots of children in the street, since it’s a natural babysitter for lazy parents and as such, I don’t OC when I’m out with my dogs, etc.

Now, I'm no showman, however I do believe it’s important for us to occasionally OC, so that public perception remains uninhibited and open to the common rights of all.
    Regards,...
    ďMonsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.Ē
    ~ Stephen King

Isn't it amazing how paranoid everyone is when open carrying (including myself)? It is a legal activity yet everyone seems to worry about everyone around them when open carrying.

Just a thought that went by while reading.
    Steven
    The "news media" has ceased being the watch dog of the people and has become the apologist for an irresponsible government.

Quote Originally Posted by gaowlpoop View Post
    Isn't it amazing how paranoid everyone is when open carrying (including myself)? It is a legal activity yet everyone seems to worry about everyone around them when open carrying.

Just a thought that went by while reading.
    Yep, I was somewhat paranoid but I'm sure that will become less of an issue as I continue to OC.

As a law abiding citizen, with a valid CHL, I shouldnít even have to think twice about OC'ing but you know there's always the possibility of someone calling LE and then having things quickly go down hill from there.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Well, I live here in Arizona where practically every man, woman and child carries a gun. On average, I see an open carry at least once a week. Really, nobody lifts an eyebrow around here. Still, I live on a cul-de-sac with lots of children in the street, since itís a natural babysitter for lazy parents and as such, I donít OC when Iím out with my dogs, etc.

Now, I'm no showman, however I do believe itís important for us to occasionally OC, so that public perception remains uninhibited and open to the common rights of all.
    Regards,...
    Excellent point Sir! +1

SG
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Now, I'm no showman, however I do believe it’s important for us to occasionally OC, so that public perception remains uninhibited and open to the common rights of all.
    Regards,...
    10-4 on that one there we are either part or the problem or part of the solution. We once again NEED to make the sight of OC as common as the sight os giggling teen age girls and testosterone driven teen age boys behind the wheel of a car. Proving we are the safer and of greater benefit to the community
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

jfl
    Well, I live here in Arizona where practically every man, woman and child carries a gun. On average, I see an open carry at least once a week. Really, nobody lifts an eyebrow around here. Still, I live on a cul-de-sac with lots of children in the street, since itís a natural babysitter for lazy parents and as such, I donít OC when Iím out with my dogs, etc.

Now, I'm no showman, however I do believe itís important for us to occasionally OC, so that public perception remains uninhibited and open to the common rights of all.
    Regards,...
    My thoughts, exactly !!!
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Sponsored Links