My first sheep freakout!

This is a discussion on My first sheep freakout! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; CCRoom, you can certainly get a nonresident permit. And as a nonresident, you have an advantage in that you can apply to ANY sheriff's dept, ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My first sheep freakout!

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    CCRoom, you can certainly get a nonresident permit. And as a nonresident, you have an advantage in that you can apply to ANY sheriff's dept, unlike us residents, that have to apply where we live. Clark County gets backed up, and takes forever. I got lucky getting mine in 90 days. Frequently they take the full 120 days allowed by law, and sometimes going longer. You can pick a rural sheriff's office that might be faster. There's one disadvantage, in that the law either has changed or will change soon requiring that your training be conducted in Nevada. But it isn't that bad, because The Gun Store runs Saturday classes. Just be sure to bring all of the handguns that you might carry, as you have to qualify with each handgun that you want to carry. Revolvers are different. If you qualify with 1 revolver, you can carry any. On the other hand, with semiautomatics, it's each one. For instance, on my permit, I have my Glock 19 listed along with my Glock 26. I also have my XD45, Beretta 92FS, and the Keltec P11, which I no longer own.

Pikachu, a meeting would be great, but BREAKFAST???? My heart doesn't start until noon. Lunch would be much better.

And Torrid, I just wouldn't have been able to walk away as you did, without at least saying as I turned to leave, "Do the letters FO mean anything to you? (With thanks to the Bandit, Burt Reynolds)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by rcsnpr View Post
    If she was rude I would like to say " Because the voices in my head tell me to." Then smile and giggle a little, like a crazy giggle. And maybe say, "Maybe we all can talk about it, We like you."
    That's hilarious! Probably wouldn't win many converts and might get police attention, but it's still hilarious!

Funny how they think people who carry guns are insane and to be feared, but they have no problem starting stupid arguments with them - not intended at all to be intellectual, curious discussions, but just a way for them to insult and belittle the other person.

Quote Originally Posted by torrid View Post
    in most cases, but i see what he's saying here. Her tone wasn't meant to start a polite conversation.

You know where i really missed out was not answering her back "the constitution."
    + 1 there you go
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    I see no advantage to "telling her off" as I think some have stated in various ways. I would hope I could refrain from being rude, state my reasons, the law, and leave that person. I have never seen rudeness prove anything advantageous on any subject.
    I agree. I thought an armed society is a polite society and that lawful carriers need to hold themselves above everyone else.

Think of it another way. If the OP had said something rude, he never would have had the conversation with the gentleman asking about the CC permit. He may have been put off by the rudeness and think that all gun owners are jerks. One has to remember that the object of a debate is not to win over the opponent, but to win over the people watching the debate.

^ I agree. For me it was a fairly positive experience because of the conversation that followed. It definitely doesn't deter me from OCing as I still do it every day. OCing is much better than no sidearm at all!

Here in Texas, the law gives us an extra responsibility not to appear threatening, argue in public, etc. Even though it's tempting to make some caustic comeback to stupid things people say, getting pulled into an arguement can backfire. The personal satisfaction of telling someone off isn't worth it. Every time someone with a CHL looks like he/she can't control their emotions, we all suffer. Just my humble opinion as a recent convert from the sheep pen.

I was on my way home from the gun range and was wearing my Glock shirt since I am a geek of sorts...I decided to stop for some coffee at Starbucks. The girl behind the counter acted like she had seen a ghost. "why-wh-y are you wearing that shirt? Do you have a gun on you right now?" I told her I did have one but it was in my car. I told her I had a permit. She just left and hurriedly began to tell her co workers about it. Her manager then told her to serve me coffee and not to make such a big deal about it. I had half a mind to leave the place, but I stayed and had my coffee, read the newspaper even as I watched about 10-15 cops show up to have their coffee break. She again told one of the cops, but he smiled and said nothing to me.

I am not sure what she accomplished by her paranoid behavior.
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by wolfshead View Post
    I was on my way home from the gun range and was wearing my Glock shirt since I am a geek of sorts...I decided to stop for some coffee at Starbucks. The girl behind the counter acted like she had seen a ghost. "why-wh-y are you wearing that shirt? Do you have a gun on you right now?" I told her I did have one but it was in my car. I told her I had a permit. She just left and hurriedly began to tell her co workers about it. Her manager then told her to serve me coffee and not to make such a big deal about it. I had half a mind to leave the place, but I stayed and had my coffee, read the newspaper even as I watched about 10-15 cops show up to have their coffee break. She again told one of the cops, but he smiled and said nothing to me.

I am not sure what she accomplished by her paranoid behavior.

I would have laughed if she mentioned something to me about that.

Next time though, I wouldn't mention to anyone that you have a gun. Just let the question run through their head next time they ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Divebum47 View Post
    "Never argue with an idiot. After a while, observers are hard pressed to tell the difference."
    Ooh, I like that one. Can I use it sometime, royalty free?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I hate walmart

You know, until people get used to seeing OC there are going to be questions. Unfortunately it is going to be another two years until we can bring it up again here in Texas.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    GUN !!!!!! Where !!!!!!
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Quote Originally Posted by ncglock View Post
    I hate walmart

Ya, what you said
    Zippo9
    USAF Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ncglock View Post
    I hate walmart
    Agreed.